Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

I love how Baggio quotes the .com write-up to back up the KK is skint line yet surely if he was skint he'd never have resigned in the first place, leaving that multi-million pound a year salary behind. He can't fucking win. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'm sure that if his lawyers had told him he had no case for constructive dismissal then he's have been more likely to come back.

What do you think he was doing in those few days after storming out and leaving the club in limbo? He didn't have any intention of coming back straight away as he refused an offer from the club to meet up to try and iron out their differences, he was too busy with his lawyers getting their heads together to see if he could push for constructive dismissal so that he could get his pay off.

If I was an employer (which I am as it happens) the last person I would want in my organisation is an employee who refused to work within the blueprint of his company, walks away, then sues for dismissal.

Could that employee sit on this website all day while at work?

Guest Howaythetoon

The thing that baffles me is the fact that some people can mouth off and back Keegan 100% whilst freely admitting that they don't have a clue what actually happened this summer.  :crazy2:

I just can't see how you can be soooo sure about one thing whilst admitting you're not sure what the facts actually are. It just doesn't compute. If people don't like it, then tough s***.

I'll not blindly back Keegan simply because he's called Kevin Keegan. I need a bit more than that if you don't mind. :neutral:

I need a bit more too.

Being undermined and not fully supported gives me that.

Then add in the smear campaign and it doesn't look good for Ashley and co.

What baffles me is the depths people will sink to in order to paint KK as the baddy in all this while totaly forgiving Ashley or ignoring their part in all this, like Tron implying KK can't be trusted with money, revisions of history and character assinations of a man who yes does have his faults, who yes did walk away at a bad time for the club but a man who deserves the benefit of the doubt surely if we are talking about no-one knowing what really happened over the likes of Ashley and dennis fucking wise, given you know, what he's done for the club in the past and if that doesn't satisfy you, at least what he was doing for the team before he walked which was a damned sight more positive than we've been used to since Sir Bobby.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh and for the record, I do know Milner was sold despite assurances he wouldn't be. Assurances Ashley himself made when he said KK had final say on all matters relating to transfers in and out and that no player would be sold or bought without his say so.

Wake up people man FFS.

Why did Keegan say a few days before the end of the window he'd given the go ahead for him to leave then?

Did you see that press conference? Do you really believe for one moment he was happy to lose Milner?

Oh and for the record, I do know Milner was sold despite assurances he wouldn't be. Assurances Ashley himself made when he said KK had final say on all matters relating to transfers in and out and that no player would be sold or bought without his say so.

Wake up people man FFS.

Why did Keegan say a few days before the end of the window he'd given the go ahead for him to leave then?

Did you see that press conference? Do you really believe for one moment he was happy to lose Milner?

Do you think all managers are happy when players leave?

The fact is Milner handed in a transfer request because the club wouldn't give him a pay rise, so you've got the choice of keeping an unhappy player or selling him for about double what he's worth, Keegan probably was sorry to see him go but it doesn't mean it wasn't his decision when all things are considered.

Guest Howaythetoon

I love how Baggio quotes the .com write-up to back up the KK is skint line yet surely if he was skint he'd never have resigned in the first place, leaving that multi-million pound a year salary behind. He can't f***ing win. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'm sure that if his lawyers had told him he had no case for constructive dismissal then he's have been more likely to come back.

What do you think he was doing in those few days after storming out and leaving the club in limbo? He didn't have any intention of coming back straight away as he refused an offer from the club to meet up to try and iron out their differences, he was too busy with his lawyers getting their heads together to see if he could push for constructive dismissal so that he could get his pay off.

Ifs and more ifs Baggio. How do you know he didn't have any intention of coming back? How do you even know if there was an offer for him to come back? Do you even know for certain he is suing the club or even claiming constructive dismissal? No, do you fuck but it suits your argument or rather your drive to paint him in bad light simply because you love nothing better than to be contrary or go against the grain of popular opinion because in your own words its more fun than talking about what you really believe as you once told me in a PM :lol:

The fact lawyers (according to you anyway) believe he may have a case suggests he may be in the right and the club are in the wrong, what would you say to that if he won?

You'd probably call him a money grabbing bastard or use Gullit as the way to resign :lol:

Again damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If I was an employer (which I am as it happens) the last person I would want in my organisation is an employee who refused to work within the blueprint of his company, walks away, then sues for dismissal.

Could that employee sit on this website all day while at work?

No.

I love how Baggio quotes the .com write-up to back up the KK is skint line yet surely if he was skint he'd never have resigned in the first place, leaving that multi-million pound a year salary behind. He can't f***ing win. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Ifs and more ifs Baggio. How do you know he didn't have any intention of coming back? How do you even know if there was an offer for him to come back? Do you even know for certain he is suing the club or even claiming constructive dismissal? No, do you fuck but it suits your argument or rather your drive to paint him in bad light simply because you love nothing better than to be contrary or go against the grain of popular opinion because in your own words its more fun than talking about what you really believe as you once told me in a PM :lol:

The fact lawyers (according to you anyway) believe he may have a case suggests he may be in the right and the club are in the wrong, what would you say to that if he won?

You'd probably call him a money grabbing bastard or use Gullit as the way to resign :lol:

One of the reporters on the Sunday Supplement said that one of the directors at the club had told him that the club offered to meet Keegan to sort it out but he didn't bother turning up for the appointment.

I don't remember saying that to you in a PM but I guess you're bringing stuff like this up in a piss poor attempt at undermining the points I'm making, I don't know for a fact if he's claiming constructive dismissal the same way as you don't know the real reason his resignation came about, we're forming opinions based on an article claiming he is which is what people on football forums do with most articles that come out.

The thing that baffles me is the fact that some people can mouth off and back Keegan 100% whilst freely admitting that they don't have a clue what actually happened this summer.  :crazy2:

I just can't see how you can be soooo sure about one thing whilst admitting you're not sure what the facts actually are. It just doesn't compute. If people don't like it, then tough s***.

I'll not blindly back Keegan simply because he's called Kevin Keegan. I need a bit more than that if you don't mind. :neutral:

I need a bit more too.

What baffles me is the depths people will sink to in order to paint KK as the baddy in all this while totaly forgiving Ashley or ignoring their part in all this, like Tron implying KK can't be trusted with money, revisions of history and character assinations of a man who yes does have his faults, who yes did walk away at a bad time for the club but a man who deserves the benefit of the doubt surely if we are talking about no-one knowing what really happened over the likes of Ashley and dennis f***ing wise, given you know, what he's done for the club in the past and if that doesn't satisfy you, at least what he was doing for the team before he walked which was a damned sight more positive than we've been used to since Sir Bobby.

What solid facts have you heard about the situation? (Serious question bytheway). I still dont know any real information. You sound like you're basing your opinion upon information i dont have, what is it?

Guest Howaythetoon

I guarantee the same KK critics would be the first people to jump on his back if KK done a Souness and hung on to be sacked for the compensation or if he just didn't give a shit about being undermined and stayed on like some kind of door mat.

Here's a scenario for the KK critics who have had it in for him the day he walked.

Lets just say he never walked and accepted (because he's skint and needs the money and doesn't really love the club like he pretends) he wasn't going to get much of his own way in terms of buying and selling, but the club carried on with the line he had final say on such things anyway to keep the media sweet.

In January the club sell Michael Owen and fail to replace him. Eleswhere the squad needs quality added to it. In comes a few youngsters and some foreign unknowns.

Who do you blame not knowing KK is being undermined and not fully supported?

Who gets the flack? Many would point the finger at KK.

Now what would your reaction be if KK reacted to the flack aimed at him from some fans for failing to sign quality players and for letting Owen go without even replacing him if he said "blame the board, I don't have any real say on transfers"?

You'd fucking hang him for putting up with it, for helping to dupe fans.

This board would go into meltdown.

Regardless of the details KK did the right thing for him to get out of Toon because he couldn't win. That's not me saying he won by walking, he's lost his income, he's upset fans, he's had to put up with negative media headlines, his character has been tainted.

But he still has his pride intact.

How anyone can question the motives of a man who when this club was on the bones of its arse on the verge of going bust when not even fans could be arsed with it anymore and with no money to pay people, he said yes to a job that would mean he would have to go without being paid with no guarantees he'd get recompensated and also have to pay Terry Mac's wages out of his own pocket. And to top it all off, do you know what he said to Sir John Hall while he was out there trying to buy up all the shares to take full control? That he'd give him his money back (SJH) and take over his shares and run the club himself. Now why would he leave his cushy life in Spain and take such a risk with his own money to answer the call of our at the time rather sad, little pathetic club with no money, prospects and gates that had fallen to 4,000 at the worst point? Because he fell in love with it as a player, because his dad was a Geordie, a Newcastle fan. Because he believed in the club when no fucker else outside of SJH would.

But Joe Kinnear accepts the job when no fucker else would and he's the dogs bollocks.

Fuck off!

Btw SJH gets a lot of stick too, if it weren't for him and KK there wouldn't be a Newcastle United man.

I need a bit more too.

What baffles me is the depths people will sink to in order to paint KK as the baddy in all this while totaly forgiving Ashley or ignoring their part in all this, like Tron implying KK can't be trusted with money, revisions of history and character assinations of a man who yes does have his faults, who yes did walk away at a bad time for the club but a man who deserves the benefit of the doubt surely if we are talking about no-one knowing what really happened over the likes of Ashley and dennis fucking wise, given you know, what he's done for the club in the past and if that doesn't satisfy you, at least what he was doing for the team before he walked which was a damned sight more positive than we've been used to since Sir Bobby.

I don't think I ever said Keegan can't be trusted with money. All I've ever said is that is a new owner will need to provide KK with a decent transfer kitty to keep him happy. As far as I'm concerned that's still the case.

Wake up people man FFS.

So why didn't he "expose the board for who they really were" at that point, instead of waiting until the end of the window? I would imagine it had been pretty clear to Keegan that he didn't have the last word on things for a while upto that point, so should have walked earlier, or not at all.

One of the reporters on the Sunday Supplement said that one of the directors at the club had told him that the club offered to meet Keegan to sort it out but he didn't bother turning up for the appointment.

:lol: Dear me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ifs and more ifs Baggio. How do you know he didn't have any intention of coming back? How do you even know if there was an offer for him to come back? Do you even know for certain he is suing the club or even claiming constructive dismissal? No, do you f*** but it suits your argument or rather your drive to paint him in bad light simply because you love nothing better than to be contrary or go against the grain of popular opinion because in your own words its more fun than talking about what you really believe as you once told me in a PM :lol:

You'd probably call him a money grabbing b****** or use Gullit as the way to resign :lol:

He probably feared a kicking....

One of. Reporter. Sunday Supplement. Told. Offered.

:lol:

Baggio is a poor WUM who still has pictures of KK on his wall mark my words. He's told me in the past he likes to play the devils advocate and will be contrary to that effect to get a reaction. Its a shame he doesn't post his real thoughts too often though which is what I and others I imagine would really prefer debating rather than some poor parody of Vic he's assumed in his absence....

Crumpy Gunt seems to have a similar approach but I'm not really too sure if it's too far from what they're really thinking in any case. Personally I don't like either attitude towards Keegan, whether it's belittling his past service to this club (which is massive and unrivalled) or believing he is infallible or incapable of putting himself first before the club.

It's perfectly possible, of course, to give due credit to what he did for the club in the past, whilst acknowledging his faults at the same time. He was the right man for the job in 1992, and the wrong man in 2008.

a good manager is a good manager. Full stop. He wasn't supported by his board and directors. End of story.

I guarantee the same KK critics would be the first people to jump on his back if KK done a Souness and hung on to be sacked for the compensation or if he just didn't give a shit about being undermined and stayed on like some kind of door mat.

Here's a scenario for the KK critics who have had it in for him the day he walked.

Lets just say he never walked and accepted (because he's skint and needs the money and doesn't really love the club like he pretends) he wasn't going to get much of his own way in terms of buying and selling, but the club carried on with the line he had final say on such things anyway to keep the media sweet.

In January the club sell Michael Owen and fail to replace him. Eleswhere the squad needs quality added to it. In comes a few youngsters and some foreign unknowns.

Now what would your reaction be if KK reacted to the flack aimed at him from some fans for failing to sign quality players and for letting Owen go without even replacing him if he said "blame the board, I don't have any real say on transfers"?

Regardless of the details KK did the right thing for him to get out of Toon because he couldn't win. That's not me saying he won by walking, he's lost his income, he's upset fans, he's had to put up with negative media headlines, his character has been tainted.

How anyone can question the motives of a man who when this club was on the bones of its arse on the verge of going bust when not even fans could be arsed with it anymore and with no money to pay people, he said yes to a job that would mean he would have to go without being paid with no guarantees he'd get recompensated and also have to pay Terry Mac's wages out of his own pocket. And to top it all off, do you know what he said to Sir John Hall while he was out there trying to buy up all the shares to take full control? That he'd give him his money back (SJH) and take over his shares and run the club himself. Now why would he leave his cushy life in Spain and take such a risk with his own money to answer the call of our at the time rather sad, little pathetic club with no money, prospects and gates that had fallen to 4,000 at the worst point? Because he fell in love with it as a player, because his dad was a Geordie, a Newcastle fan. Because he believed in the club when no fucker else outside of SJH would.

But Joe Kinnear accepts the job when no fucker else would and he's the dogs bollocks.

Fuck off!

Btw SJH gets a lot of stick too, if it weren't for him and KK there wouldn't be a Newcastle United man.

You just have to look back at threads over the last few days of the transfer window and hardly anyone blamed Keegan for not getting all of the positions filled that we needed, so that point is miles off.

The rest is the usual boring rubbish that gets posted by people that think Keegan can do no wrong based on what he done here over a decade ago.

Yet you've been claiming in another thread that Ashley was trying to sell in the Summer because of what it said in the papers.

Contradicting yourself there lad.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wake up people man FFS.

So why didn't he "expose the board for who they really were" at that point, instead of waiting until the end of the window? I would imagine it had been pretty clear to Keegan that he didn't have the last word on things for a while upto that point, so should have walked earlier, or not at all.

And all that would have achieved what differently?

Not that I care. All I know is Ashley allowed a very good manager who had the unanimous backing of fans and players, a manager where it really matters was justifying his appointment, to be undermined and unsupported in a job that demanded full backing and that is fatal in my book and the cause of all this crap.

Buying and selling players needs to be done within the club's budget and that's never really been Keegan's forte unless he is allowed to spend pretty generously.

You don't buy into that surely do you? :lol:

It reads to me that you're trying to convince yourself of this in order to convince yourself that the set-up/system/structure Ashley put in place is the right thing for the club and if that really is the case you've lost it mate. Seriously.

that is the case with a lot of people.

Ifs and more ifs Baggio. How do you know he didn't have any intention of coming back? How do you even know if there was an offer for him to come back? Do you even know for certain he is suing the club or even claiming constructive dismissal? No, do you f*** but it suits your argument or rather your drive to paint him in bad light simply because you love nothing better than to be contrary or go against the grain of popular opinion because in your own words its more fun than talking about what you really believe as you once told me in a PM :lol:

You'd probably call him a money grabbing b****** or use Gullit as the way to resign :lol:

He probably feared a kicking....

One of. Reporter. Sunday Supplement. Told. Offered.

:lol:

So it's not true then?

Didn't the club also say that they offered Keegan the chance to talk it through but he turned them down?

Yet you've been claiming in another thread that Ashley was trying to sell in the Summer because of what it said in the papers.

I am just wondering about that particular statement because Kevin did come back to meet Ashley.

EDIT: it was reported that KK had flown in from Spain to meet Ashley. Not bad for a guy supposedly not prepared to turn up for an appointment

and Steve Curry never misses a chance to heap praise and devotion on Newcastle. Do you believe everything you read and hear in the press ?

I am just wondering about the statement because Kevin did come back to meet Ashley.

Perhaps he didn't want to meet with Llmabias? Either way he chose to resign rather than meet up face to face with someone from the club to sort it out.

A Newcastle statement said the club was "sad and disappointed" that he had resigned.

It added: "Over the last few days, the club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

"The club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the club.

"The club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign."

Fuck off!

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

I guarantee the same KK critics would be the first people to jump on his back if KK done a Souness and hung on to be sacked for the compensation or if he just didn't give a s*** about being undermined and stayed on like some kind of door mat.

You'd f***ing hang him for putting up with it, for helping to dupe fans.

f*** off!

You just have to look back at threads over the last few days of the transfer window and hardly anyone blamed Keegan for not getting all of the positions filled that we needed, so that point is miles off.

The rest is the usual boring rubbish that gets posted by people that think Keegan can do no wrong based on what he done here over a decade ago.

No because they were still dreaming about a wow signing and brimming with hope after Ashley's interview. I remember Roeder didn't get any stick until the transfer window closed and then as results suffered it was a stick to beat him with constantly. The same would have happened to KK once results suffered due to the lack of depth and real quality that never come in in the summer, guaranteed and you know it.

As for can do no wrong, he is not that man but for those questioning his motives and character I say provide me with some evidence to back up these doubts with some facts please, like the facts I posted above about him.

It shouldn't be too hard to prove he's skint or doesn't really love the club or engineered this given how often such claims are repeated on here as facts.