The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Rumour that we are 80% down the line of signing a big name attacking midfielder for in excess of £10m, Schweinsteiger anyone?  After all he was meant to be signing last summer?  perhaps we are back in for him!  :rolleyes:

Diego

Wanktastic, stuff dreams are made of and thats why he would never ever ever ever come here..

What's the source Brazilianbob? Paper, forum, man in pub, man in the know?

We're making Nacho man's move permanent.

Nacho Man?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Jif_xomgF6I/R3LWtd6mxiI/AAAAAAAAAS8/I3sXiooGSfI/s400/nacho_man1.jpg

Ha ha, looks like nicky butt.

Now pedro Mendes would be a very good idea.

A midfielder that can actually shoot from outside the box. Just a solid, tidy player. A Mendes and Barton midfield would be a huge improvement for us.

He's a better player than Scott Parker I will say that much for sure.

Guest Brazilianbob

What's the source Brazilianbob? Paper, forum, man in pub, man in the know?

Source: The chronical forum>  Probably a load of b*llocks but at least it is something to talk about!

Rumour that we are 80% down the line of signing a big name attacking midfielder for in excess of £10m, Schweinsteiger anyone?  After all he was meant to be signing last summer?  perhaps we are back in for him!  :rolleyes:

Modric for £20m  O0

Newcastle will be hoping to recoup some of the £5.7M fee they paid for young Xisco, but getting a sizable fee for the youngster will be difficult, since he seems to have been a failure in English football.

When did he get the chance to prove himself really?

Every day in training??

instead of trying to buy players like b. ferguson we should look for younger players with potential. being a dane i follow the danish league (know its not that great)...but there are talents there way younger and....unproven at his level. i know. But i still believe its better to pay 4-5 millions for players with the potential instead of spending on players like ferguson which doesn´t get any better. ferguson for example will demand fairly high wage and ask for at least 3-4 years deal which mean he will become another not needed player in 1 years time like....cacapa, viduka etc.

adigun salami (Fc Midtjylland) is a very promising def. central midfielder! we should buy now.....we would never lose that much money if he dosen´t succeed...like on ferguson!

michael jacobsen (aab) can play Lb and Cb like bassong. would cost between 3-4 mill tops! Not sure how far his talent goes but will be a decent back up which might turn out to be a really good player!

Zanka jørgensen (fck) young dansih player of the year (cb)

why dont try to sign players like this....ashley dont want to spend big! But these kind of players are what we should go for instead of ferguson.

They should be bought as back ups so they have a year or so to adjust and develop!

would definitely go for both of these. midtjylland are a very handy team. in fact scandinavia as a whole is loaded with talent, but it makes far too much sense to search there.....thats why it wont happen.

I am also Danish, and I reckon that none of these players would be more than backup for the first team atm. But I wouldn't mind them coming in, but certainly not at the expense of first choice players (we need to replace butt NOW, not in the future...)

i agree...all most! of course being young, coming from a lower league and not being europes hottest talents means that they wont walk straight into the 1st team.

But these are players which might have a promising future and we would be able to get them without much competition....around 3-4 mill each! They would love to play for us...they have the right mentality....we could use that!

think about it: is butt better than salami...the only thing butt has is experience! M. jacobsen is as good as Jose E. at the moment!

so maybe they both could do a job for rest of the season and be more prepared for the next! Dont think they will relegate us....and they will be good back ups at least. Who else will come here?

Couple of seasons ago i would prefer us to sign better players and talents than we discuss here but time have changed and i believe these are still better options then ferguson and juanito!

salami and jacobsen for example will never be bad business, compared to ferguson....unless we threat them like xisco!

still dont believe we will sign ferguson and juanito though!

So Mckay is doing our transfer deals for us again is he? might aswell stop all the specualtion.

A couple of cheap africans from the bottom of the French league and some massively overpriced dud from Rangers are on their way.

This would never happen.

Heard he's signed a new contract anyway.

We couldn't even sign Schuster never mind Schweinsteiger.