The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Half way through and we've signed f**k all

It's the same EVERY SINGLE JANUARY WINDOW

Calm down people. It's more than likely that we'll sign nobody of any note, but we can't complain that deals haven't been completed at a time where they never are.

Why aren't we putting a bid on for Pennant? We could use a right winger

Agree with this.  He is available and therefore we wouldn't have to pay over the odds to convince them to sell.

If Pennant is available for 3m and we aren't at least trying to get him it can only go down as sheer idiocy imo.

It's not as if Portsmouth is looking a more attractive destination at the moment either.

Guest alankhaw

Our problem has been delivering good crosses into the box of late and Pennant is more than capable of doing that, not to mention him being right footed with pace. It's pointless getting Duff to beat a player and go back to use his left foot to attempt to cross

Guest alankhaw

Why aren't we putting a bid on for Pennant? We could use a right winger

Would be a good N'Zog replacement (with Jonas going on to the left). We need a crosser.

Exactly. No point keeping Zog if he's apparently so keen to leave the club and Pennant wants first team football. Is Pennant's contract expiring in the summer?

Guest alankhaw

Pennant http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/cheeky.gif

Allegedly on £60,000 a week at Anfield and a poor professional footballer too.

He does have a rather incredible agent though.

Nobody can be as bad as Willie McKay

Pennant is fucking awful. Honestly, I choked on my buttie when I saw that he'd been linked with moves to Real Madrid and AC Milan. He's fucking shit at crossing, passing and shooting, which are generally very important for wingers. He's also shit in the air.

Pennant wouldn't even be good for free, he's another naff player coming for a wage packet, £60,000 being reported as was said above.

Just no.

finnan for £1million, pennant for £3million, appiah for free, lovenkrands for free, mido and smith swap, maybe a loan or two...........that would be an impressive "bargain basement" set of transfers tbh. surely even mike ashley would be willing to do that?

Half way through and we've signed f**k all

It's the same EVERY SINGLE JANUARY WINDOW

Calm down people. It's more than likely that we'll sign nobody of any note, but we can't complain that deals haven't been completed at a time where they never are.

wanna bet?

Guest alankhaw

finnan for £1million, pennant for £3million, appiah for free, lovenkrands for free, mido and smith swap, maybe a loan or two...........that would be an impressive "bargain basement" set of transfers tbh. surely even mike ashley would be willing to do that?

Completely agree. We'd have a bigger chance of staying up too. Not to mention competition for places to kick some of the players up the Butt

Shearergol is correct - if we signed eight players on deadline day after a month of inactivity then not one person would be complaining.

Believe me, I'll be the first person to have a moan if Kinnear doesn't get any / enough players in. But there's still plenty of time for him to do so, so quit fucking greeting already.