The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Newcastle want to sign former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder Pedro Mendes on loan from Rangers, with a view to a £1.5m move. (Mirror)

Every morning Skirge wakes up during the transfer window it's like Christmas morning

Newcastle want to sign former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder Pedro Mendes on loan from Rangers, with a view to a £1.5m move. (Mirror)

Every morning Skirge wakes up during the transfer window it's like Christmas morning

Ya reet, I fkn hate the transfer window as much as I hate Christmas..

Poland goalkeeping coach Andrzej Dawidziuk has told Artur Boruc he should move to Newcastle - if the English club make a bid and Celtic accept the offer.

Dawidziuk's logic, for the lack of a better word, appears to be flawed. He thinks Boruc needs to leave Parkhead because, for the sake of his career, he needs to play in a bigger league than the SPL. Dawidziuk should know better than to believe the spin and hype that surrounds the Premier League, but he has clearly fallen for it.

Dawidziuk is quoted by the Daily Express as saying: "Celtic obviously believe Artur is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. That`s why they have kept their faith with him this season, despite all of the events in his life on and off the field. If that wasn`t the case, Celtic would have replaced him long ago.

"It`s clear that Gordon Strachan wishes to keep him. But I really believe that, for the sake of Artur`s career, he should play in a bigger, more demanding league. If Newcastle make an offer for him, and Celtic accept it, then I think he should take the chance with both hands.He is at a stage where he needs a new challenge."

Cautious Kinnear expects long game

Journal Live, UK - 13 minutes ago

A CAUTIOUS Joe Kinnear has admitted that he may have to be patient as he waits for new players after Newcastle United’s early attempts to strengthen in the ...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/06/cautious-kinnear-expects-long-game-61634-22615512/

Deja vu? 

I love the line 'The club’s interest in Barry Ferguson has waned after it became public over the weekend' - who on Earth was it that made the interest public?

Different window same old shit, I have seen dead hedgehogs react quicker than this club does.

We will get the same old shite,  "we only want real quaity, players who want to be here, the right players for Newcastle United, we will not panic buy, we will not rush in, we know who we want, these things take time, clubs are asking to much for their players".

City ready to dump johnson (sorry if its old)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2097705.ece

Would like him up here, but would be pricey I guess

"But West Ham are favourites to land him. "

If West Ham can buy him, we should be able to do the same imo  :lol:

Newspaper trash all over the article

The Hammers are on the verge of getting close £30mill from City, I am guessing some kind swap deal may happen, did I see £12mill for Parker and £15mill for Bellas?.

Guest BooBoo

Is anyone else bracing themselves for a:

Well, we looked at players all over the world and there wasn't anyone available who we honestly thought would improve the squad. It was important not to panic buy and we haven't. We're all fully confident that the group of players at this club will perform at a high level for the rest of the season.

???

I sure we'll get at least a couple in but there'll be a statement released about not being able to get the number of players we wanted because teams weren't prepared to sell or quoted silly prices. We confident we can have a good second half to the season with the squad we have, blah blah blah

---------

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is making a move to bring Pedro Mendes back to the Premier League.

Kinnear has asked Rangers - via an agent - if he can take the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on loan with a view to a £1.5million move.

Mendes has done well for the Glasgow club since joining from Pompey in August, but Kinnear has heard he is interested in coming back to England for a better standard of football.

Rangers are under pressure to trim their wage bill and offload players, but they would want a guaranteed sale for Mendes if Newcastle come up with the cash up front.

Mendes, twice capped by Portugal, would give the Magpies some much-needed options in central midfield.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/06/newcastle-to-bring-pedro-mendes-back-to-britain-for-1-5m-115875-21019516/

Could someone explain to me when Scotland wasnt part of Britain?! :doh:

Would be a great signing for us and a big loss for rangers.

Can see him wanting away from SPL as it is clearly visable the physicality of it doesnt suit him(he's a bit of a shirker at times) but cannot see why rangers would let him leave on loan or sell him at a loss.

Offer anything bove 3 and the state rangers are in at the mo they simply wont turn it down!

Although surely this is some of the worst press drivel ever, simply pick a new rangers player each day!

Oh and as for the Boruc link....NO NO NO NO NO x1000000 NOOOOOOOOOO!

---------

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is making a move to bring Pedro Mendes back to the Premier League.

Kinnear has asked Rangers - via an agent - if he can take the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on loan with a view to a £1.5million move.

Mendes has done well for the Glasgow club since joining from Pompey in August, but Kinnear has heard he is interested in coming back to England for a better standard of football.

Rangers are under pressure to trim their wage bill and offload players, but they would want a guaranteed sale for Mendes if Newcastle come up with the cash up front.

Mendes, twice capped by Portugal, would give the Magpies some much-needed options in central midfield.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/06/newcastle-to-bring-pedro-mendes-back-to-britain-for-1-5m-115875-21019516/

Could someone explain to me when Scotland wasnt part of Britain?! :doh:

Would be a great signing for us and a big loss for rangers.

Can see him wanting away from SPL as it is clearly visable the physicality of it doesnt suit him(he's a bit of a shirker at times) but cannot see why rangers would let him leave on loan or sell him at a loss.

Offer anything bove 3 and the state rangers are in at the mo they simply wont turn it down!

Although surely this is some of the worst press drivel ever, simply pick a new rangers player each day!

Oh and as for the Boruc link....NO NO NO NO NO x1000000 NOOOOOOOOOO!

They probably thought he was playing for Celtic. ;)

Guest Brazilianbob

Rumour that we are 80% down the line of signing a big name attacking midfielder for in excess of £10m, Schweinsteiger anyone?  After all he was meant to be signing last summer?  perhaps we are back in for him!  :rolleyes:

Rumour that we are 80% down the line of signing a big name attacking midfielder for in excess of £10m, Schweinsteiger anyone?  After all he was meant to be signing last summer?  perhaps we are back in for him!  :rolleyes:

:lol: he was on Keegans drema list wasn't he? I doubt we even looked at him..