Given linked with Spurs

Syrette

Guest Sniffer

Movement, awareness, passing ability, limited wastage of the ball when he's on it, probably our best header of a ball although there's not much competition for that one, getting on the end of a pass when it matters.........martins is a neanderthal by comparison.

what makes Owen our best player? He's more intelligent than Martins granted but apart from that Oba shits all over his attributes

does all the basics better.

to be honest, so does Guthrie at times, doesn't make him a better player. Martins has twice the ability Owen does.

What's great about Owen? He has no left foot, average pace, no power whatsoever, no great skill, less than fantastic workrate, finishing is hardly lethal. He gets on the end of chances, simple as. It should be also noted that he's a horrible player to partner.

Take away friendlies and his record for England is shite. He's never exactly set the premiership alight with goals either, even when he took penalties for L'Pool he never managed 20.

He deserves to be in our starting 11 without doubt, but calling him a great player is madness.

what makes Owen our best player? He's more intelligent than Martins granted but apart from that Oba shits all over his attributes

to be honest, so does Guthrie at times, doesn't make him a better player. Martins has twice the ability Owen does.

What's great about Owen? He has no left foot, average pace, no power whatsoever, no great skill, less than fantastic workrate, finishing is hardly lethal. He gets on the end of chances, simple as. It should be also noted that he's a horrible player to partner.

Take away friendlies and his record for England is s****. He's never exactly set the premiership alight with goals either, even when he took penalties for L'Pool he never managed 20.

He deserves to be in our starting 11 without doubt, but calling him a great player is madness.

good grief !

martins movement is too often woeful,as is his control and decision making. he doesn't use the pace he is blessed with and gives the ball away far too much.

Guest Sniffer

Take away friendlies and his record for England is s****. He's never exactly set the premiership alight with goals either, even when he took penalties for L'Pool he never managed 20.

good grief !

martins movement is too often woeful,as is his control and decision making. he doesn't use the pace he is blessed with and gives the ball away far too much.

FFS. There is no point in this discussion.

Someone can chekc my statistics, and I'll accept it if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather Oba has scored 31 goals for the club (competitive) while Michael has scored 25, whilst being here for one more season than Oba. Injuries, International duties, whatever, these are the facts. How can Owen be world class when he is being out produced by this "neanderthal". I actually like both of these players alot, but I just think Owen's career has been like this too long for us to be calling him world class. This is his fourth year here, so his lack of production is not an abberation.

Someone can chekc my statistics, and I'll accept it if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather Oba has scored 31 goals for the club (competitive) while Michael has scored 25, whilst being here for one more season than Oba. Injuries, International duties, whatever, these are the facts. How can Owen be world class when he is being out produced by this "neanderthal". I actually like both of these players alot, but I just think Owen's career has been like this too long for us to be calling him world class. This is his fourth year here, so his lack of production is not an abberation.

martins.....32 goals in 76 apps

owen.......26 goals in 47 apps

according to nufc.com

Guest Sniffer

Martins 76/32 and Owen 47/26. Hmm.

Look at the all round play of the two players if you want to compare them. Owen wins hands down. He's even better than Guthrie.

But the comparison with Martins is not the issue really. It is that once he gets some games under his belt and his timing is back, then Owen is a quality world class player IMO. And we'll miss him in January.

Dunno why it always ends up a Martins vs Owen argument. Both have their own strengths and I'd rather have both of them than one or the other.

as would we all to be honest

but these buggers who think Owen is one of the best strikers in the world, cloud fucking cuckoo land man

Dunno why it always ends up a Martins vs Owen argument. Both have their own strengths and I'd rather have both of them than one or the other.

as would we all to be honest

but these buggers who think Martins is better than Owen is one of the best strikers in the world, cloud fucking cuckoo land man