Ashley, it’s time to honour Sir Bobby

Skirge

Guest The Libertine

I've had this argument many a time before, no disrespect to Sir Bob, but people like Joe Harvey are more worthy of having a stand or something like that named after them.

Correct. But how many people will fall for Ashley's new drive for popularity, some people must be really stupid  bluelaugh.gif

not as good as slagging off the fans, best player and geordie women in a brothel, eh?

I've had this argument many a time before, no disrespect to Sir Bob, but people like Joe Harvey are more worthy of having a stand or something like that named after them.

Correct. But how many people will fall for Ashley's new drive for popularity, some people must be really stupid  bluelaugh.gif

not as good as slagging off the fans, best player and geordie women in a brothel, eh?

or refusing to have included in the official clubs match report about inter fans throwing lit flares into the NUFC fans causing burns and going on tele to say how disgusting it was.

Not as stupid as someone that turns a thread about a truly great man into yet another anti Ashley rant.  Truly the antithesis of everything Sir Bobby stands for.

Sir Bobby needs a stand named after him -come as and when god forbids the inivitable happens the clamour for it will be incredible - give the football legend that now when he is still around for us to love

whatever happens, something needs to be done for him by nufc fans, or ideally football fans in general soon. its all well and good loads of people turning up at his funeral but its not gonna make him feel any better is it, not being morbid or anything but haway lets get something sorted out.

I'm sure the thing that Sir Bobby would have wanted more than anything is the £1 million in the bank account of his charity.  I think that's better than a statue or a stand named after him because it's our way of helping him to help others and possibly save lives.  He wanted to do this and everyone who contributed has helped him, he's achieved something none of us could have done.

I really think that is the best possible legacy and is in fitting with his love of the area which is his home.