Micah Richards

Tooj

in his own way he's as talented and as precocious as the likes of rooney & walcott or owen before them. but it is less apparent due to the position he plays. ultimately it would be a waste to have him in defence so he'll probably become a midfielder.

Having not seen much of the lad meself is he worth the hype is what i'm wondering really?

In depth details would be nice, this means you Spectrum.  bluebigrazz.gif

In depth? Apart from experience he's got the fucking lot mate.

Obviously I'm biased but I think he is amonst the best youngsters in world football - right up there alongside the likes of Fabregas and Messi. I just can't see anything that makes me think "If he could do _____ then he'd be great..."

Guest DazzaNufc1892

the boy is a talent there is no doubting that. His natural position being as a centre midfielder and pearce has said thta by the end of the year he expects to play him there. Far superior to any of the other boys his age who are battling to show that they could one day play for england, big, fast, strong, smart on the ball, gets goals, and a very evident will to win. Superb player in my opinion, would have prefered to see us spend 9mil on him this summer, play him at right back for a season, then work him in alongisde parker, snap up a striker on the cheap and done some good business.

Having not seen much of the lad meself is he worth the hype is what i'm wondering really?

In depth? Apart from experience he's got the ****ing lot mate.

Obviously I'm biased but I think he is amonst the best youngsters in world football - right up there alongside the likes of Fabregas and Messi. I just can't see anything that makes me think "If he could do _____ then he'd be great..."

Quality youngster even if 'he is amonst the best youngsters in world football' is going over the top a bit.  Spurs bid £5m for him in the summer and got turned down, but he is diehard gooner and only wants to move to the scum.  That's where I expect him to be within 2 years.

Quality youngster even if 'he is amonst the best youngsters in world football' is going over the top a bit.  Spurs bid £5m for him in the summer and got turned down, but he is diehard gooner and only wants to move to the scum.  That's where I expect him to be within 2 years.

Unless Chelsea buy him for the sake of not letting anyone else have him again...

You know Henry sent him a signed shirt congratulating him on his progress a little while back. Not that they meant to tap him or anything, its only those naughty boys at Chelsea who do that.

PS: I'm biased, we just won, I'm in a good mood re: City, obviously I'm going over the top bluebiggrin.gif

Unless Chelsea buy him for the sake of not letting anyone else have him again...

You know Henry sent him a signed shirt congratulating him on his progress a little while back. Not that they meant to tap him or anything, its only those naughty boys at Chelsea who do that.

PS: I'm biased, we just won, I'm in a good mood re: City, obviously I'm going over the top bluebiggrin.gif

Tried hard to lose it but 3 points all the same. :thup:

At least Henry sent Richards an Henry shirt.  Fergie sent Gary Neville a manu shirt with Carrick's name on it which was given to him during the WC!!  Another act generosity rather than any hint of tapping though. :winking:

Michael Duberry mark 2

Streets ahead of Duberry in quality even if he does need a good polishing to be the finished article.  Reminds me a lot of scumball as a teenager, playing the same positions too (but not striker) with pretty similar ball skills as well.  So I opt for centre of the back 4 to be his final position and he'll make a good job of it too.

Guest optimistic nit

At least Henry sent Richards an Henry shirt. Fergie sent Gary Neville a manu shirt with Carrick's name on it which was given to him during the WC!! Another act generosity rather than any hint of tapping though. :winking:

i would hazard a guess that you want those two names switched around ;)

its really annoying seeing all these clubs have players like micah coming through, when ours have been distinctly average so far. although krul, taylor and zog look good mind, with OB and matty close behind.

At least Henry sent Richards an Henry shirt. Fergie sent Gary Neville a manu shirt with Carrick's name on it which was given to him during the WC!! Another act generosity rather than any hint of tapping though. :winking:

i would hazard a guess that you want those two names switched around ;)

its really annoying seeing all these clubs have players like micah coming through, when ours have been distinctly average so far. although krul, taylor and zog look good mind, with OB and matty close behind.

No, don't want to change the names  but maybe speak plainer English this time! :lol:  Fergie had a shirt made up with Carrick's name and number on it.  This Fergie sent to Gary Neville at the WC Camp so that Neville could present it to Carrick.  The transfer went through nearly 2 months later.

Krul, Taylor and Zoggy make 3 good youngsters come through for minimal cost (whatever Zoggy cost).  Half the premiership teams would be happy with that result.

Guest optimistic nit

meh. zoggy is as good as gone, taylor's stuttering and kruls not appeared for the first team yet. me still not happy ;)

Wanna know the secret? We nicked him off Oldham when he was 13.

Altho some tribunal arsehole thinks that means Oldham deserve 20% of any transfer fee we get for him  mental.gif

I think its the scouting network that makes the difference - A good percentage of the young players we've had come thru aren't Mancunian. (Barton - Liverpool, SWP(BWP) - London, Richards - Birmingham, Ireland - Ireland, This kid Sturridge who is allegedly the next big thing - Coventry I think). Only Jordan, Miller, Onuoha and this Johnson kid who made his debut last week are local.

what do you make of Ishmael Miller speccy? looked promising when i saw him play a few weeks back, but he didn't make the squad last night.

Not ready. Got the raw ingredients - Pace, Size, Strength, bit of skill, reasonable goalscoring record at reserve level but hes a converted striker playing on the wing and it really shows. The odd flash of ability when he can get his head down in space isn't really enough if he wants to play regularly. Still got a lot to learn...

Would be nice if he made it tho, he only lives down the road from me bluebiggrin.gif

Guest optimistic nit

Wanna know the secret? We nicked him off Oldham when he was 13.

Altho some tribunal arsehole thinks that means Oldham deserve 20% of any transfer fee we get for him mental.gif

I think its the scouting network that makes the difference - A good percentage of the young players we've had come thru aren't Mancunian. (Barton - Liverpool, SWP(BWP) - London, Richards - Birmingham, Ireland - Ireland, This kid Sturridge who is allegedly the next big thing - Coventry I think). Only Jordan, Miller, Onuoha and this Johnson kid who made his debut last week are local.

that bastid sturrige just scored against me in football manager :wullie: