Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

Guest timmy boy

Depends who wins the domestic cups, that could free up extra places in the  uefa cup for league positions.So it could down to 7th and 8th position.

i think only one league place goes to the uefa cup, which would mean finishing above arsenal or villa.

Depends on who wins the cups doesn't it?

I think I read somewhere that the FA cup runner up doesn't get the European place if if the winners have already qualified from this season on.

What happens if Man U win the League Cup?

Then whoever comes 6th gets a Uefa cup spot, I'm taking for granted that Man Utd will finish higher than 6th of course.

Guest timmy boy

Depends who wins the domestic cups, that could free up extra places in the  uefa cup for league positions.So it could down to 7th and 8th position.

How could it go to 8th?

Actually yeah it would be down to 7th.

i think only one league place goes to the uefa cup, which would mean finishing above arsenal or villa.

I think I read somewhere that the FA cup runner up doesn't get the European place if if the winners have already qualified from this season on.

That's it really. If Man Utd win the Carling Cup, then it goes down to the 6th placed team in the league, and if one of the big four win the FA Cup too, then it goes down to 7th.

I wonder what happens if Aston Villa finish 5th and win the UEFA Cup? Would it then go down to 8th?

That's it really. If Man Utd win the Carling Cup, then it goes down to the 6th placed team in the league, and if one of the big four win the FA Cup too, then it goes down to 7th.

I wonder what happens if Aston Villa finish 5th and win the UEFA Cup? Would it then go down to 8th?

Why would it go to 8th?

Why would it go to 8th?

Because the UEFA Cup winners automatically go into the competition the next season I think. So I was just wondering if that was the case, whether they'd claim their UEFA Cup spot for winning it, and our league would still get a UEFA Cup spot anyway.

Guest timmy boy

How did we manage to have five teams in the Uefa cup this season?

Man City won fair play thing, that still leaves Pompey,Everton,Spurs and Villa.

How did we manage to have five teams in the Uefa cup this season?

Man City won fair play thing, that still leaves Pompey,Everton,Spurs and Villa.

Everton through the league.

Portsmouth through the FA Cup.

Spurs through the Carling Cup.

Aston Villa through the Intertoto Cup.

It's f***ing ridiculous. We have 4 champions league spots through league finish and 1 UEFA spot through league finish.

The alternative is we get 1 or 2 CL spots, and then 3 or 4 UEFA Cup spots though...so it doesn't really make any difference.

I see what you're saying, I just don't see why the intertoto had to go - that was another route to europe. We get 2 UEFA spots through the FA and Carling cups.. I don't know, it just seemed a bit more balanced with 4 of each to me. With only 1 UEFA spot now I think it'll segregate the league even more. I don't see us finishing 5th any time soon.

And as for the fair play thing.. nobody has a fucking clue how that works!

Guest kingdawson

Pompey = FA cup

Spurs = League cup

Villa and everton = league positions

Damn, i forgot Villa went through the intertoto.

Here's this years European qualification for English teams nicked from wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football:

Champions League - top 3 in the league.

4th placed team in the league - Ordinarily, the fourth-place Premier League club automatically earns a spot in the Champions League qualifying rounds. However, a fourth-place performance will not grant the fourth-place finisher a place in the Champions League competition should another, below-fourth-place-finishing Premier League club have also been the previous season's Champions League winner. This is because winners of the Champions League competition earn automatic qualification for the following season's Champions League event, regardless of their performance in their club league. Therefore, in such a case, the fourth-place Premier League club would qualify only for the UEFA Cup.

UEFA Cup - Any English club that wins the UEFA Cup and has not already qualified for the Champions League or UEFA Cup By the UEFA Cup regulations (Regulation 1.06)[11] , this club's entry into the UEFA Cup will not be at the expense of any other entries to which its national federation is entitled.

UEFA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round - Club finishing 5th in the Premier League If the fifth-placed club has already qualified for Europe through the FA Cup, then the next-highest Premier League finishers get this place - FA Cup winners - If the FA Cup winners have already qualified for the UEFA Champions League, by Regulation 1.04)[11], the runners-up qualify for the spot; if they have also qualified for the Champions League, the next highest league finisher not already qualified for Europe takes the place. In either of these cases, if the new club has a lower league finish than a club starting in an earlier round, the clubs will swap their starting rounds.

UEFA Cup Third Qualifying Round - League Cup winners If the League Cup winners have already qualified for Europe by a high Premier League finish, then the next highest-finishing Premier League club gets this place.

UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round - FA Premier League club with the best UEFA Fair Play ranking that has not already qualified for Europe, but only if England has the best fair play ranking or has a fair play score of above 8 and is one of the two countries drawn out of the hat.