Reserves live on Liverpool TV tonight - Sky channel 434

Nicky

Agree with the comment about the liverpool academy, just got back from the game and couldn't believe that a club like Liverpool only had 1 english lad in a squad og 16 players.  Liverpool built up a brilliant academy under Steve Heighway but think he left over a year ago after bust up with Rafa and now it looks like Rafa is now just bringing youngsters in from abroad.

Regarding the match, i thought it was a decent game considering the state of the pitch and think we deserved our point.  I think our academy is getting some unfair stick on here lately and think we have some decent players coming thru at reserve and youth level and think we could be set for a decent run in the youth cup this season. 

Although i haven't seen a great amount of them the bits i've seen in the reserves this season of the likes of Ranger, Newton, Sammy Ameobi, Tavernier, Inman, Ferguson are very encouraging in making the step up to reserve level.  Young Inman is the player i'm going to keep an eye on and check his progress as central midfield is a problem position.

I was a bit surprised that Lua Lua didn't feature. He's not injured again, is he? For me, he's the pick of the young players coming through.

Sammy Ameobi showed some good footwork, but seemed to have the family trait of trying to beat one man too many.

I was a bit surprised that Lua Lua didn't feature. He's not injured again, is he? For me, he's the pick of the young players coming through.

Sammy Ameobi showed some good footwork, but seemed to have the family trait of trying to beat one man too many.

No not injured, he was on the bench at Chelsea.

No not injured, he was on the bench at Chelsea.

Thanks, I didn't realise that.

He's only just back from injury, so Kinnear must rate him a bit if he's already got him on the bench.

Guest gogonileranger

noticed at one point of the game the 'commentators' mixed brad inman and andy carroll up?

they do look alike i think..besides the body builds !

good match considerin the pitch!!