Kinnear reckons he has final say on transfers...

Rich

I shudder to think which shitheads we're going to end up with if its left upto Wise and Kinnear to pick. We're crying out 1 or 2 CM's and a Milner/Faye replacement but with their inepitude coupled with limited money and clubs reluctant to sell we could end up with some poor players in.

This summer we replaced Ramage, Milner & Faye with Bassong, Gutierrez & Coloccini.

Which three would you prefer?

That's pretty much the point I was making. We can't really tell about Xisco and Nacho, but the scouting team seems to have done its job in the sense that we've brought in some decent players. If we can get 3 or 4 more in with only Smithy out we'll comfortably be fine.

It is funny when Bobby was around nobody used to go on about Charlie Woods & Russell Cushing but give a scout & club Secretary a fancy name & people discuss the merits of a "scouting team".

I shudder to think which shitheads we're going to end up with if its left upto Wise and Kinnear to pick. We're crying out 1 or 2 CM's and a Milner/Faye replacement but with their inepitude coupled with limited money and clubs reluctant to sell we could end up with some poor players in.

This summer we replaced Ramage, Milner & Faye with Bassong, Gutierrez & Coloccini.

Which three would you prefer?

That's pretty much the point I was making. We can't really tell about Xisco and Nacho, but the scouting team seems to have done its job in the sense that we've brought in some decent players. If we can get 3 or 4 more in with only Smithy out we'll comfortably be fine.

It is funny when Bobby was around nobody used to go on about Charlie Woods & Russell Cushing but give a scout & club Secretary a fancy name & people discuss the merits of a "scouting team".

Let's not forget Mick Wadsworth and the likes of Fumaca, Bonvin, Kominelli, Cordone & Bassedas (granted he got Acuna right but 1 one in 6 strike-rate is sh*te).

Guest The Wise Guy

He said: “Every signing who comes in in the New Year will be a Joe Kinnear signing. No-one will go without my say-so either.”

Latest from the Chronicle.

Keegan said something similar before he walked out or as we were led to believe. Wonder if the same thing is happening to Joe. Hopefully not.

We very nearly got Modric, Woodgate & Aimar under Keegan, so I don't think transfer funds was the problem.

We didnt get them therefore it didnt happen.

That's just about it, aye. If we had so much money readily available and had our sights on top players like that, why did we end up not buying anyone instead of them? Woodgate/Coloccini excepted.

I gave Ashley the benefit of the doubt all summer on the back of those bids but f*** all happened.

Becasue the manager and board werent rowing in the same direction?

Are you actually arguing Ashleys intention of spending off the back of a few players turning us down?

Intentions mean f*** all when the actions don't back them up.

What? What more action could the club of taken with Modric and Woodgate in particular?

These intentions alone give me the evidence i need to have some faith in Ashley. If Keegan was still here and we signed who we signed, id be pissed.

You know exactly what happened with Modric and how hard we tried to get him? I thought that was your thing, not having an opinion until you know all the facts. You may be happy to believe that we tried as hard as we could to get Modric, yet he went to Spurs for a lower transfer fee and lower wages, but it doesn't quite ring true to me.

A bid was made and accepted for both players, wouldnt that constitue 'action?' Mort said we offered more, who knows, all i know is that they acted. Who knows the intracies of the Spurs deal? If i remember correctly, Modric said something along the lines of not knowing where he was going.