Liverpool pathetic fans

Guest BooBoo

Maybe they don't get excited about beating us 5-1. I think it's unlikely given that it's a significant result in their pursuit of the title and Liverpool were trading at 1.8 at betfair to beat us, which implies they only had a 55.5% chance of winning.

What rubbish not a signifciant result,every result is ffs!If we even managed a draw United would go top if they won there games in handSo would you say the fact Liverpool dropped points at home to Stoke,Fulham,West Ham and Hull.

Like I said, according to the Betfair (a betting exchange where the general public make bets with each other) market , Liverpool only had a 55.5% chance of winning that game, implying it was a very significant result in their pursuit of the league title.

Evermind me im dying with flu   :-[

I know how you're feeling mate. Horrible illness that. You get really extreme temperatures and feel like death, but it shouldn't last too long.

There were a few Scottish people around us, not the regular NUFC ones, not scouse jocks either, just doing the weekend for a bit of shopping so had got tickets for a bit of fun. Nice people. Hibs supporters.

Big group that continually get up, talk about how s*** the SPL is, then keep going in twos to get pints?

I dunno, barely understood a word they said.

Ditto, got to be the same group of lads. I bought tickets off them for the Stoke game, they barely watched the game, 1 Rangers fan, and the rest Hibs, i had to keep nodding my head and sayin Aye at them, two sold their tickets for drink. Nice bunch nevertheless.

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

I think its as a result of for years away fans having a go at home fans for their s*** support "Your supposed to be at home!" etc. etc.

Now, it has got to the point where home atmospheres everywhere are pretty s*** that a teams away fans are the yardstick for how good their support is.

Liverpools were s***, that is why they are being critisized.

Or we could just not give a crap how loud or not their fans are and just concentrate on supporting our own team.

Say what you like about Liverpool fans (and yes they are often quiet) but when they do sing, they sing about THEIR OWN CLUB and don't just come here to abuse us like most. A novel idea. Do you think "Your support is f*ckin s**t" inspires your own team? No, its just pathetic "look how great we are and how crap your fans are" bravado.

Liverpool's away support was no different on Sunday, to 3, 5-10 years ago. We didn't give them stick about it then because we were getting behind our own team but now we seem more interested by how loud the other lot are, than backing our own team. I for one couldn't give a f*ck how loud Liverpool fans are. Who cares?

I don't think we can have too much of a go, with the amount of booing we did, when they came here last season either, when they were actually quite loud. We were even joining in with "Big Sam for England".

Something that's even worse than giving your team stick, is sitting there like a muppet. When we got hammered 4-1 at home to Pompey last season, we gave our own players a lot of abuse, but at least we showed plenty of passion. Better than just being a set of spectators that don't really care. I wouldn't even bother going if there was never any noise.

That's a fair point that we shouldn't care about other team's support and should concentrate on our own, but I'm not against promoting ourselves in retaliation to all the grief other sets of fans like to direct at us. Liverpool fans included. They tend to be quite arrogant and like reminding us how we've 'never won f*** all'.

I've been following Newcastle home and away for over 20 years and in that time, have probably been to 30+ Liverpool Newcastle games. I've been to Anfield, when the noise was absoloutely deafening and i've been when you could hear a pin drop. Its that sort of ground. We've played them at St James' when the ground was rocking and we've played them when its been silent, with us booing our own players. We aren't perfect fans either believe it or not.

My best mate is a Liverpool fan and they just have a different mentality to us. We show our support and passion by singing for 90 minutes and we're a passionate fan base. They're a passionate fanbase but they just don't have that sing for 90 minutes mentality away from home. They can go for 15 minutes without a song and think nothing of it and it shouldn't bother us enough to berate them for it. We sing more than they do but when they sing, they sing their own songs, about their own team, which i've always respected. Everyone else comes here and gives it the "Shall we sing a song for you".

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

I think its as a result of for years away fans having a go at home fans for their s*** support "Your supposed to be at home!" etc. etc.

Now, it has got to the point where home atmospheres everywhere are pretty s*** that a teams away fans are the yardstick for how good their support is.

Liverpools were s***, that is why they are being critisized.

Or we could just not give a crap how loud or not their fans are and just concentrate on supporting our own team.

Say what you like about Liverpool fans (and yes they are often quiet) but when they do sing, they sing about THEIR OWN CLUB and don't just come here to abuse us like most. A novel idea. Do you think "Your support is f*ckin s**t" inspires your own team? No, its just pathetic "look how great we are and how crap your fans are" bravado.

Liverpool's away support was no different on Sunday, to 3, 5-10 years ago. We didn't give them stick about it then because we were getting behind our own team but now we seem more interested by how loud the other lot are, than backing our own team. I for one couldn't give a f*ck how loud Liverpool fans are. Who cares?

I don't think we can have too much of a go, with the amount of booing we did, when they came here last season either, when they were actually quite loud. We were even joining in with "Big Sam for England".

Something that's even worse than giving your team stick, is sitting there like a muppet. When we got hammered 4-1 at home to Pompey last season, we gave our own players a lot of abuse, but at least we showed plenty of passion. Better than just being a set of spectators that don't really care. I wouldn't even bother going if there was never any noise.

That's a fair point that we shouldn't care about other team's support and should concentrate on our own, but I'm not against promoting ourselves in retaliation to all the grief other sets of fans like to direct at us. Liverpool fans included. They tend to be quite arrogant and like reminding us how we've 'never won f*** all'.

I've been following Newcastle home and away for over 20 years and in that time, have probably been to 30+ Liverpool Newcastle games. I've been to Anfield, when the noise was absoloutely deafening and i've been when you could hear a pin drop. Its that sort of ground. We've played them at St James' when the ground was rocking and we've played them when its been silent, with us booing our own players. We aren't perfect fans either believe it or not.

My best mate is a Liverpool fan and they just have a different mentality to us. We show our support and passion by singing for 90 minutes and we're a passionate fan base. They're a passionate fanbase but they just don't have that sing for 90 minutes mentality away from home. They can go for 15 minutes without a song and think nothing of it and it shouldn't bother us enough to berate them for it. We sing more than they do but when they sing, they sing their own songs, about their own team, which i've always respected. Everyone else comes here and gives it the "Shall we sing a song for you".

I see what you mean. It's probably just a different mentality to be honest, and it's quite an interestingly unique mentality that gives them an identity.

Guest Howaythetoon

Been talking about this with a mate of mine who is a LFC fan and he says their away support is quickly turning into a smaller version of their home support due to all the day trippers and none Scouse fans who have latched onto away games following their win in Istanbul, with a good number of Scousers also unable to go to away games these days due to the tightening of finances. That is still no excuse for how quiet they were and how bizarre their support in general was, but it could explain a few things. I have a lot of respect for LFC as a club and their fans in general but they are not the best fans in the world as the media and they sometimes like to portray themselves as. What is worrying is that away fans these days do seem to be turning into home fans, quiet, lacking song variety, low in numbers etc. It seems this season anyway only Hull from my recolection have turned up and created a din, but you expect that of newly promoted sides. I wasn't at the Stoke match. The worst were Spurs, both times League and League Cup. In my experience Man Utd's away support is arguably the best, quickly followed by our own and the mackems, while Leeds used to have good away support too. Liverpool used to as well but if you read their own forums, this seems to be a growing concern of theirs home and away now. It would be interesting to hear our resident LFC fans' thoughts on daytrippers and the impact that has on their away following.

Been talking about this with a mate of mine who is a LFC fan and he says their away support is quickly turning into a smaller version of their home support due to all the day trippers and none Scouse fans who have latched onto away games following their win in Istanbul, with a good number of Scousers also unable to go to away games these days due to the tightening of finances. That is still no excuse for how quiet they were and how bizarre their support in general was, but it could explain a few things. I have a lot of respect for LFC as a club and their fans in general but they are not the best fans in the world as the media and they sometimes like to portray themselves as. What is worrying is that away fans these days do seem to be turning into home fans, quiet, lacking song variety, low in numbers etc. It seems this season anyway only Hull from my recolection have turned up and created a din, but you expect that of newly promoted sides. I wasn't at the Stoke match. The worst were Spurs, both times League and League Cup. In my experience Man Utd's away support is arguably the best, quickly followed by our own and the mackems, while Leeds used to have good away support too. Liverpool used to as well but if you read their own forums, this seems to be a growing concern of theirs home and away now. It would be interesting to hear our resident LFC fans' thoughts on daytrippers and the impact that has on their away following.

From what my mate says, they lose alot of away tickets to supporters clubs outside of the city, which dilutes the atmosphere a bit but they do have a loyal following away from home, who go absoloutely everywhere but that's also part of the problem. Away tickets are sold on loyalty and are like gold dust, so on the one hand its the same faces every week, who probably get a bit complacent and on the other side there's daytrippers and not much new blood coming through. We only took half our allocation to Everton for example but they sell out everywhere straight away.

They do have a different mentality anyway. Other away fans will sing for 90 minutes but if you listen to what they sing, its absoloute crap. They'll just sing anything; even if its "Shall we sing a song for you" 50 times and then they'll go home and say "how sh*t where their fans", whereas Liverpool fans just get behind their own team if and when they please but when they need to be, they can be as loud as anyone. My mate always says about the away fans at Anfield that they might be outsung but the away fans aren't getting behind their own team, or inspiring them, as they spend more time berating Liverpool's support and its a bit sad, the way our own fans tend to the same both to home and away fans FFS.

If they had a few years in the doldrums like us, the post Istanbul crowd and the daytrippers would go and their support would be better for it. They were quiet on Sunday but last season were one of the loudest at our ground and that was because they came to support their manager, who was on the verge of being sakced at the time. That day, we spend the whole game abusing ours and that's why quality is more important than quantity when it comes to noise.

Guest Howaythetoon

What got me about their support that day was the seemingly indifference they displayed towards their team's football, their goals, the scoreline and the result itself. It was all a bit "meh" on their part. All fans are different but we all celebrate goals and wins in the same fashion by generally going mental. There is no real excuse. The kick-off time, the standard of opposition, their side's sheer dominance etc. should not get in the way of doing what should come naturally to any fan never mind about different mentalities. They do tend to get behind their team rather than singing about the opposition or rival fans the Scousers and that's to their credit, I wish our own fans would take note, but against us at least, they were very strange and actually showed more support to their manager by way of song and noise than their team's goals, performance and win. That's how it seemed anyway.

I don't know if others have made this point, but there's a very big difference between Liverpool and, say, Man United's away support.

Man United's away following tends to be largely Mancunians, they seem to have a large core following who manage to get tickets to all away matches, and they're consistently the best away fans in the country (even though I fucking hate them and their club, I can admit that).

Look at the people you get following Liverpool away, and you'll see an awful lot of "once a season" fans who live in the city where the match is being played, jester hat wearing post 1992, daytripping middle class fuckwits who'd never heard of Liverpool FC until a few years ago, and excited looking Scandinavians on football breaks.

That's why Liverpool's away support is consistently rubbish.

Incidentally, I've no preference for either of these clubs, I can't stand either of them, and the above is a big simplification, but I think there's a lot to it.

Guest RowanB

I think it's quite interesting that Liverpool fans choose not to abuse the opposition, if that's true. It seems dubious given the times I've heard 'you never win f*** all'.

However, I don't think the best supports mess about. Nothing wrong with abusing the opposition if you're clever about it and show enough originality and variety. Man. Utd.'s support's the best and they will abuse the opposition and support their team with a good variety of songs. Rather than voicing the typical 'shall we sing a song for you?', they'll sing 'where's your famous Roker roar?', which is original, shows a grain of historical knowledge testament to the longevity of their away support and offers a subtle witty put-down that groups our fans with our local rivals.

Our support also shows a decent amount of variety even if it repeats tedious classics and although some typical home songs may lack quality, most modern Premiership home supports are near silent, so let's not be too critical.

Guest Howaythetoon

Look at the people you get following Liverpool away, and you'll see an awful lot of "once a season" fans who live in the city where the match is being played, jester hat wearing post 1992, daytripping middle class fuckwits who'd never heard of Liverpool FC until a few years ago, and excited looking Scandinavians on football breaks.

Its like that at Anfield too. I work in Liverpool quite a lot and speaking to the *local Liverpool fans a good number don't have season tickets and are very critical and resent the whole day trippers and tourist type fans and that whole culture who have replaced true local Reds, fans LFC actually target too because they spend money in the club shop, visit the museum, buy food and so on and then go back and show all their friends the wonderful photos of the great time they had. And as anyone knows in advertising and marketing word of mouth is king. Makes me appreciate how things are at Newcastle in terms of fan demographics.

*I say local Liverpool fans, in my experience it seems of the two clubs Everton enjoy more of the local support than their city rivals, the same seems to be the case in Manchester too with more of the locals following City rather than Man Utd.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it's quite interesting that Liverpool fans choose not to abuse the opposition, if that's true. It seems dubious given the times I've heard 'you never win f*** all'.

However, I don't think the best supports mess about. Nothing wrong with abusing the opposition if you're clever about it and show enough originality and variety. Man. Utd.'s support's the best and they will abuse the opposition and support their team with a good variety of songs. Rather than voicing the typical 'shall we sing a song for you?', they'll sing 'where's your famous Roker roar?', which is original, shows a grain of historical knowledge testament to the longevity of their away support and offers a subtle witty put-down that groups our fans with our local rivals.

Our support also shows a decent amount of variety even if it repeats tedious classics and although some typical home songs may lack quality, most modern Premiership home supports are near silent, so let's not be too critical.

In an ideal world fans would never boo or moan about their own team or players and would spend the entire 90 minutes singing, chanting and celebrating their own team, club and individual players regardless of opposition, score or result, but football is essentially based on rivalry so I see nothing wrong in fans having a go at their rivals or rival clubs and players, the more witty and intelligent the better. Although I must admit you can't beat the poisonous and hate filled atmosphere generated on derby day, providing it doesn't spill over into actual violence of course.

Guest Man in Black

I dont really think we have a problem with our away support. when the team needs us behind them, we'll get behind them. there is an issue with getting tickets fo an away game, its done on a loyalty thing so is a closed shop to most fans, its the sam few thousand you see everywhere. day tripping isnt really an issue with away fans, as to qualify for a ticket, you need a certain number of credits, like at your place last week, you werent entitled to a ticket unless youhad a minimum of 8 away credits from last season. the game last weekend was an odd one atmosphere wise, we never really got going, even though we were twatting you. why? i dont know, maybe a combination of kick off time, hangovers and the freezing cold. Also the team were coasting on the pitch and the support seemed to coast along too. At Anfield this season the atmosphere has been very tense at times. there is a growing feeling that we may be about to launch a serious challenge for the league, and the atmosphere is getting tense and its affecting the players on the pitch. a few of the 0-0's we played out last month, had we sored the roof would have come off the ground. Our fans are desperate to win the league this season, but it isnt helping the atmosphere. infact, unless its a big European night at Anfield or the derby, the atmosphere is poor, but i have found that the same in most grounds over the past few years.

the other difference between our fans and most others is we actually sing about our own team and our own players. there have been a few on here praising Man Uniteds away fans, but do you actually listen to what they sing?. the vast majority of their songs are about Liverpool. Scousers this and scousers that, Hillsborough this and Heysel that. even when they won the European Cup last year, they were singing "are you watching Liverpool" when they lifted the trophy. singing about them when we arent playing them is something you wont hear from our fans.

I dont really think we have a problem with our away support. when the team needs us behind them, we'll get behind them. there is an issue with getting tickets fo an away game, its done on a loyalty thing so is a closed shop to most fans, its the sam few thousand you see everywhere. day tripping isnt really an issue with away fans, as to qualify for a ticket, you need a certain number of credits, like at your place last week, you werent entitled to a ticket unless youhad a minimum of 8 away credits from last season. the game last weekend was an odd one atmosphere wise, we never really got going, even though we were twatting you. why? i dont know, maybe a combination of kick off time, hangovers and the freezing cold. Also the team were coasting on the pitch and the support seemed to coast along too. At Anfield this season the atmosphere has been very tense at times. there is a growing feeling that we may be about to launch a serious challenge for the league, and the atmosphere is getting tense and its affecting the players on the pitch. a few of the 0-0's we played out last month, had we sored the roof would have come off the ground. Our fans are desperate to win the league this season, but it isnt helping the atmosphere. infact, unless its a big European night at Anfield or the derby, the atmosphere is poor, but i have found that the same in most grounds over the past few years.

the other difference between our fans and most others is we actually sing about our own team and our own players. there have been a few on here praising Man Uniteds away fans, but do you actually listen to what they sing?. the vast majority of their songs are about Liverpool. Scousers this and scousers that, Hillsborough this and Heysel that. even when they won the European Cup last year, they were singing "are you watching Liverpool" when they lifted the trophy. singing about them when we arent playing them is something you wont hear from our fans.

Never heard an anti-Sunderland song when were playing Bolton/Portsmouth/West Ham/etc etc?  :rolleyes:

Never heard an anti-Sunderland song when were playing Bolton/Portsmouth/West Ham/etc etc?  :rolleyes:

He's a scouser, I think he was on about their support and singing about Man U when they play the likes of us.

He's a scouser, I think he was on about their support and singing about Man U when they play the likes of us.

Surely that's the same as us singing about Sunderland when we play Liverpool or Man Utd. I often hear Sunderland songs at random Toon away games.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant fucking stand these Liverpool 'fans' around me at the moment! Their all complaining about how 'shit' they are and how bad a manager Benitez is! F*cking hell if they want to see shit then they should follow me, ffs! Ungreatful cunts.  :rant:

As for our away support- its easily as good as Man Utds, imo. OK, in terms of variety of songs it isnt but in terms of noise and numbers its quite easily.

I cant f***ing stand these Liverpool 'fans' around me at the moment! Their all complaining about how 's***' they are and how bad a manager Benitez is! F*cking hell if they want to see s*** then they should follow me, ffs! Ungreatful c***s.  :rant:

As for our away support- its easily as good as Man Utds, imo. OK, in terms of variety of songs it isnt but in terms of noise and numbers its quite easily.

Yep they are pissing me off too.

Heard this comic 'celebrity' Liverpool fan on the radio today going on about how dissapointed and depressed he is with their team at the moment.

Hang on!?!?!, didnt they just thump us about 5-1 a few weeks ago?

Fuck off!!!

Guest north shields lad

I enjoy Brian Reades articles, especally about newcastle, he seems to have a soft spot for the club.............

/nehttp://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/2009/01/31ver-walk-alone-liverpool-chiefs-are-pulling-in-different-directions-115875-21084536/

Never Walk Alone? Liverpool chiefs are pulling in different directions

The people at the top of Liverpool Football Club never tire of telling the world how special their fans are.

They’re fond of quoting, even miming, those famous Rodgers and Hammerstein lyrics about never walking alone. But behind the sentimental smokescreen lie warring factions so obsessed with personal victory they long ago ceased to care about the misery they’re piling on those same fans.

From the team-sheets to the balance-sheets, from the manager’s head to the owners’ objectives, Kopites no longer have a clue what’s going on at Anfield.

At the very point in history when the club cries out for unity, the blows from above rain down harder.

It’s as though Manchester United being one title away from equalling their own record of 18 has made the management more intent on playing out their civil war.

As though Liverpool’s seven-week presence at the top of the table didn’t just give their fans a chance to rekindle past glories, it gave the men in charge a platform to cement their own futures.

The absentee American cowboys are only united in one goal: To suck as much money out of Anfield and forget they ever heard of the place.

The life president and the chief executive are lame ducks, wallowing in the shame of selling the club so badly and so cheaply. And an increasingly stubborn manager, who refuses to sign a new contract until he’s handed full control of all football matters, seems more intent on all-out attacks on Rick Parry than opposing teams.

There’s schisms and plotting, lying and leaks, inexplicable outbursts and bizarre decisions wholly unbefitting a great club which is now five months away from being repossessed by banks. And in between are a group of players, some awaiting new contracts, others acceptance, many simply bemused at what’s going on around them.

Forget the awful draws, the anti-Fergie rant and the Press leak which forced the Kuwaitis to walk away in anger, what most sums up this unseemly shambles is the treatment of Robbie Keane.

Last summer, Benitez fancied him, but not as much as he fancied Gareth Barry. Parry fancied Keane so badly he paid over the odds, leaving Benitez without sufficient cash for Barry, and fuming.

Almost from day one Keane has felt unwanted, a feeling confirmed by regular substitutions, exclusion from the team and eventually, in a home derby, from the bench. And this week he’s all but been encouraged to leave.

So instead of watching a proven striker winning games, the fans stare dumbfounded at a £20million pawn in a long-running power struggle. Nothing exposes the divisions at the heart of the club more.

I’ve been a staunch supporter of Benitez and I still believe he can make Liverpool great again. I even think he can win a trophy this season.

But right now he seems so hell-bent on winning his own personal battles he’s alienating everyone around him. Tomorrow Tom Hicks and George Gillett will sit a dozen seats apart in the directors’ box, in some fake show of love for a club they’re killing. Equally distant will be Benitez and Parry.

No doubt, if Liverpool win, all will try to claim credit, when it will probably be down to a flash of brilliance from the usual suspects and the passion of the fans they claim are so special.

Well here’s a message from one of them: This year sees the 50th anniversary of Bill Shankly’s arrival at Anfield and the creation of modern Liverpool.

Never in his worst nightmare would he have envisaged his precious club being run in such a destructive and undignified manner.

You love Liverpool? Put away your egos and prove it.

Guest toonlass

I enjoy Brian Reades articles, especally about newcastle, he seems to have a soft spot for the club.............

/nehttp://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/2009/01/31ver-walk-alone-liverpool-chiefs-are-pulling-in-different-directions-115875-21084536/

Never Walk Alone? Liverpool chiefs are pulling in different directions

The people at the top of Liverpool Football Club never tire of telling the world how special their fans are.

They’re fond of quoting, even miming, those famous Rodgers and Hammerstein lyrics about never walking alone. But behind the sentimental smokescreen lie warring factions so obsessed with personal victory they long ago ceased to care about the misery they’re piling on those same fans.

From the team-sheets to the balance-sheets, from the manager’s head to the owners’ objectives, Kopites no longer have a clue what’s going on at Anfield.

At the very point in history when the club cries out for unity, the blows from above rain down harder.

It’s as though Manchester United being one title away from equalling their own record of 18 has made the management more intent on playing out their civil war.

As though Liverpool’s seven-week presence at the top of the table didn’t just give their fans a chance to rekindle past glories, it gave the men in charge a platform to cement their own futures.

The absentee American cowboys are only united in one goal: To suck as much money out of Anfield and forget they ever heard of the place.

The life president and the chief executive are lame ducks, wallowing in the shame of selling the club so badly and so cheaply. And an increasingly stubborn manager, who refuses to sign a new contract until he’s handed full control of all football matters, seems more intent on all-out attacks on Rick Parry than opposing teams.

There’s schisms and plotting, lying and leaks, inexplicable outbursts and bizarre decisions wholly unbefitting a great club which is now five months away from being repossessed by banks. And in between are a group of players, some awaiting new contracts, others acceptance, many simply bemused at what’s going on around them.

Forget the awful draws, the anti-Fergie rant and the Press leak which forced the Kuwaitis to walk away in anger, what most sums up this unseemly shambles is the treatment of Robbie Keane.

Last summer, Benitez fancied him, but not as much as he fancied Gareth Barry. Parry fancied Keane so badly he paid over the odds, leaving Benitez without sufficient cash for Barry, and fuming.

Almost from day one Keane has felt unwanted, a feeling confirmed by regular substitutions, exclusion from the team and eventually, in a home derby, from the bench. And this week he’s all but been encouraged to leave.

So instead of watching a proven striker winning games, the fans stare dumbfounded at a £20million pawn in a long-running power struggle. Nothing exposes the divisions at the heart of the club more.

I’ve been a staunch supporter of Benitez and I still believe he can make Liverpool great again. I even think he can win a trophy this season.

But right now he seems so hell-bent on winning his own personal battles he’s alienating everyone around him. Tomorrow Tom Hicks and George Gillett will sit a dozen seats apart in the directors’ box, in some fake show of love for a club they’re killing. Equally distant will be Benitez and Parry.

No doubt, if Liverpool win, all will try to claim credit, when it will probably be down to a flash of brilliance from the usual suspects and the passion of the fans they claim are so special.

Well here’s a message from one of them: This year sees the 50th anniversary of Bill Shankly’s arrival at Anfield and the creation of modern Liverpool.

Never in his worst nightmare would he have envisaged his precious club being run in such a destructive and undignified manner.

You love Liverpool? Put away your egos and prove it.

Great piece

Aye that is very good.

I didnt know they're in that bad financial trouble. 5 months away from being repossessed? Christ... I mean, I hate Liverpool quite a lot but I can honestly say it would be kind of sad to see a club like them fall so badly...

About 10 seconds before Torres first goal, 5Live said the atmosphere was "sterile" as they realised no goals were coming. Now at the final whistle its all "You'll never walk alone". No doubt they will claim credit for inspiring their team on to a late win.

About 10 seconfds before Torres first goal, 5Live said the atmosphere was "sterile" as they realised no goals were coming. Now at the final whistle its all "You'll never walk alone". No doubt they will claim credit for inspiring their team on to a late win.

Exactly.

I watched all of our match (obviously) and most of their match and the comparison in terms of atmosphere, passion and excitement was on another level at SJP. The liverpool match was very boring and once again their fans didnt live up to their hype. Shame...

Guest Stephen927

Aye the atmosphere was dead, then Torres pops up with a goal and the atmosphere is electric.

Only sing when they're winning, indeed.