Parker - Drop him?

ElDiablo

What a ridiculous topic.

Drop Parker because he doesn't create enough? hes scored 2 leauge goals, which is more than the rest of our midfield put together. admitedly hes no Gazza going forward at least he makes the odd dangerous looking forward run, his burst against boro for example should have won us the game if milner hadn't missed that sitter that resulted from it. Anyway its not his job to create, his job is to break things up and harry the opposition, a job just as important and one he does superbly.

I dont want to harp on about emre, but what exactly is it emre does that parker doesnt? it seems all the criticisms aimed at scotty apply to emre to a greater extent. sideways or backwards uninspiring passing for example, lack of the killer ball etc....

And while people are going on as if butt had some kind of blinder, I think its worth remembering his header back towards our own goal could have put us behind tonight.

I just think its another case of people criticising our outstanding and most popular player because they think it makes them appear more knowledgeable, they think there giving off the impression the must know or see things the rest of us dont. It happened with shearer when he was still scoring 25+ a season, Ive heard it happening with Given and it seems to be happening with Parker now too.

I know footballs all about opinions but in my eyes its as clear as day Scott Parker has been our best and most important player this season, and to even consider dropping him is madness - remember what happened against Fulham when he went off for the last 10 minutes?

In my opinion his attitute, leadership and work rate, as well as ability, are some of the very few things we've had to be proud of this season.

Good try. Doesn't wash though. He's average, no better than that. He doesn't know if he's supposed to be a forward breaking type of CM or a defensive one, so he does neither very well and doesn't have the ability anyway to be outstanding at either.

We did better last season without him because the balance of the team was better. The same still applies.

People saying Parker isn't creative. Correct me if im wrong but hasn't parker been moulded into playing a holding role? If you push Emre and Parker up front who the hell is there to pick up the pieces before our defence has to deal with a break from the opposition.

You need someone to sit a little back and stop breaks, Parker fits this perfectly, he is a great slide tackler, wears his heart on his sleeve. He rarely has a bad game, but i admit he can have several quiet ones.

Last Season:

With Parker

P 25 W 9 D 6 L 9 F 23 A 30

Without Parker

P 13 W 8 D 1 L 4 F 24 A 12

I know stats can say what you want them to, but I think we are definately more offensive without Parker.

Last Season:

With Parker

Without Parker

I know stats can say what you want them to, but I think we are definately more offensive without Parker.

Except Parker got glandular fever shortly after Souness left.

Are we saying our upturn in form was not because one of the worst managers in the history of the Premiership left, but because one midfielder got injured?

Fucking hell.

Parker and Dyer wwould be my first choice centre mid partnership, Butt is a more natural defensive player but I think Parker is better than him in terms of workrate, pace and stamina. Drop Emre if anyone.

That was weird. Lots on the old board wanted Carrick but injury had reduced his viasbility as a buy. Then Manu paid 20 million for a player they could possibly got for a bag of chips.

Last Season:

With Parker

Without Parker

Except Parker got glandular fever shortly after Souness left.

Are we saying our upturn in form was not because one of the worst managers in the history of the Premiership left, but because one midfielder got injured?

****ing hell.

Nope, but I do think he needs to be alongside a creative midfielder who has an attacking instinct. For the record I like him in the team.