Parker - Drop him?

ElDiablo

My facts were wrong, but your argument is still shit.

Parker, Duff, Ameobi, Sibierski, Babayaro, Carr, Rossi, Given, Dyer, Martins, Owen were all missing tonight, and all potentially threaten a place in our definite first team. Bresciano's a cracking player and Simplicio and Di Michele were the others that i was thinking of. Not really bothered about what you say about their defense, it's fairly poor anyway - they've conceded a lot of goals this season in Serie A. Fortunately for them they've been deadly in attack. And we still dealt with them.

I've got nothing to say about their defence other than that's about the only place Palermo had first-choice players tonight. My point is that Butt played most of the game against NONE of Palermo's first-choice midfield. That's a Palermo first choice midfield who have created and scored a lot of goals this season in Serie A.

No, youre right, it's a shit argument ...

No, i'd say it was the cm pairing being run rings round by most teams this season.

Yeah.

Except that's bollocks isn't it?

Glad we cleared that up.

Well...yes it is probably.

However i think we should at least start with Butt and Emre (if fit) and then we could always bring Parker on if need be.

And i think the midfield did ok considering tonight, and if Sheff utd are as just as hard to break down as Palermo are, we are buggered. We will get chances, Parker or no Parker, it just remains to be seen whether we can score enough to of them to win a game in the premiership - which has been a rareity.

My facts were wrong, but your argument is still shit.

Parker, Duff, Ameobi, Sibierski, Babayaro, Carr, Rossi, Given, Dyer, Martins, Owen were all missing tonight, and all potentially threaten a place in our definite first team. Bresciano's a cracking player and Simplicio and Di Michele were the others that i was thinking of. Not really bothered about what you say about their defense, it's fairly poor anyway - they've conceded a lot of goals this season in Serie A. Fortunately for them they've been deadly in attack. And we still dealt with them.

I've got nothing to say about their defence other than that's about the only place Palermo had first-choice players tonight. My point is that Butt played most of the game against NONE of Palermo's first-choice midfield. That's a Palermo first choice midfield who have created and scored a lot of goals this season in Serie A.

No, youre right, it's a shit argument ...

Palermo's first team is better yes, and it may have been different had they have played - but this was barely our first choice midfield either, and the Palermo players weren't poor footballers. And they still came at us all the time in the second half with pace, determination and intent, with their sparse (yet drivng) crowd behind them on home turf, and we still dealt with them.

There really is no pleasing some people.

The one thing that really gets to me about Parker is when he turns on the ball 3 or 4 times, the crowd cheer him but he's just slowing down any attack we're trying to create :x

I know, he's like a fucking dog before he sits down.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The one thing that really gets to me about Parker is when he turns on the ball 3 or 4 times, the crowd cheer him but he's just slowing down any attack we're trying to create :x

Batty Mk 2

Now if you could clone Parker and Carrick into one person...

People ignoring the evidence and clinging to Parker being 'great' just like people wouldn't have it that Jenas was average/shite until he was on his out the door.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif 

What a laugh.

As for a Parker/Butt partnership...that would still be dodgy because Butt is definitely a defensive player and what the fúck does Parker create? He's the biggest square ball merchant since Jenas, the only difference is he puts his foot in, shame he spends half the match on his arse and a great pecentage of the rest watching the play.

Batty Mk 2

Now if you could clone Parker and Carrick into one person...

If he was he'd be a decent enough player.

Good idea, drop Parker because Newcastle won without him.  At the same time FFS could flog Given because Newcastle's now found a goalkeeper who can keep a clean sheet.

:roll:

Agree  bluelaugh.gif

Let's drop Martins, Owen, Ameobi and Rossi. Cause Luque got the goals  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Good idea, drop Parker because Newcastle won without him.  At the same time FFS could flog Given because Newcastle's now found a goalkeeper who can keep a clean sheet.

:roll:

Aye.

He adds a lot to the team through his defensive application and general effort, often doing the dirty work and setting an example to others.

The balance isn't right, and the midfield is not being managed correctly. This isn't the fault of the personnel per se IMO, the manager needs to sort it out.

It's not even like we won convincingly ffs.

Parker gets dropped because Krul has made 3 wonder saves and we've cleared 2 chances off the line. Good plan.

Imagination running riot, I see. That's good really, didn't think you had one, tbh.

Hiyaaaaaa.

You alright?

What a ridiculous topic.

Drop Parker because he doesn't create enough? hes scored 2 leauge goals, which is more than the rest of our midfield put together. admitedly hes no Gazza going forward at least he makes the odd dangerous looking forward run, his burst against boro for example should have won us the game if milner hadn't missed that sitter that resulted from it. Anyway its not his job to create, his job is to break things up and harry the opposition, a job just as important and one he does superbly.

I dont want to harp on about emre, but what exactly is it emre does that parker doesnt? it seems all the criticisms aimed at scotty apply to emre to a greater extent. sideways or backwards uninspiring passing for example, lack of the killer ball etc....

And while people are going on as if butt had some kind of blinder, I think its worth remembering his header back towards our own goal could have put us behind tonight.

I just think its another case of people criticising our outstanding and most popular player because they think it makes them appear more knowledgeable, they think there giving off the impression the must know or see things the rest of us dont. It happened with shearer when he was still scoring 25+ a season, Ive heard it happening with Given and it seems to be happening with Parker now too.

I know footballs all about opinions but in my eyes its as clear as day Scott Parker has been our best and most important player this season, and to even consider dropping him is madness - remember what happened against Fulham when he went off for the last 10 minutes?

In my opinion his attitute, leadership and work rate, as well as ability, are some of the very few things we've had to be proud of this season.