Do we need to start supporting?

Stu

The informal singing section in L7 made more noise than the official Leazes Corner does now.

I've had a season ticket in both areas and I don't agree. The atmosphere is much better this season. The amount of singers/standers has doubled and the song variety is a lot better. The only thing missing is banter with the away fans, as they now leave empty blocks between our fans and the away end unless the away fans take the full allocation.

Guest fading star

It must be something to do the acoustic then because there’s a lot less noise coming from the new section. Though that wouldn’t explain why the away supporters made more noise when they were up there.

Total pie in the sky to think that the fans can fix this tbh.

No but by turning up in our thousands and clapping like seals and singing our hearts out will turn s*** performances and players with zero professional pride into world beaters.

This thread is asking fans to basically do what they do anyway, unless those 30,000 plus fans at home to Hull or 6,000 plus at Ewood Park were not actually NUFC supporters or there to cheer on their team.

:idiot2:

You're right, we do support the players. We also give them a f***ing hard time, too (well, sections of the crowd do).

Not saying they don't deserve it. But it's not helpful.

Given that the thread was a reaction to the "do we need to start protesting" I believe that this is more what the original poster wanted to get across.

The booing and moaning which is a minority anyway is way way down on the list of not helping matters thing, zero professional pride, no leadership at the top, shit tactics, injuries, poor squad depth, lack of commitment and feeling sorry for themselves is way way higher on the list.

The fact that so many turn up and do cheer to support these wasters and this fucked up club is more than enough good support to render any booing and moaning insignificant to the proceedings.

Like Gemmil said we can't fix this.

They got a full house against Liverpool and no booing or moaning, I mean every goal we conceded resulted in fans standing and singing about the team, but did they respond, did they shite, they capitulated because they have hearts the size of atoms and couldn't give a damn and even if they did or there is a still a small flicker locked away, Kinnear and his staff are incapable of igniting it and to be honest as much as I can't stand half the fuckers representing our shirt, I can't really blame them because they've been sold a lie like we all have.

The buck stops with those at the top and I'm pretty certain when Feb the 2nd arrives those still defending them and making excuses and blaming everyone and everything except these morons in charge will quickly change their tune, go missing for a few months or hopefully, stop fucking breathing.

I jest on the latter of course, I'm just pissed off how its always our fault, how fans want to hold fellow fans accountable and responsible while letting the real culprits off scott free. Fuck off to that.

Generally valid points. I agree that most of those contribute.

Turning the place into a circus yet again isn't really the answer though, is it?

No one is saying that it's all the fan's fault and everyone else is blameless.

But you must acknowledge the role of the fans? When Keegan first returned and we all had that lift, the players were different. When Joe first took charge, that gave them a lift and they started to be a bit more promising (albeit temporarily).

If we know that they are confidence players then what is the sense in protesting, booing, giving everyone involved a hard time?

Surely there are better ways to show your displeasure. Better times to do it, too.

its pretty simple really, dont go, dont give them your money, its the only form of protest they care about

Guest toonlass

It must be something to do the acoustic then because there’s a lot less noise coming from the new section. Though that wouldn’t explain why the away supporters made more noise when they were up there.

When would that be then? Because the only game I can remember this season where we were SERIOUSLY OUTSUNG by the away supporters is the Hull game, when most of the people who usually stand up there had moved to the South-East corner for the cup game? Level 7 of the leazes has always attempted to get an atmosphere going, and we are doing the same now in the corner. Not easy when 2-3000 supporters in one area and 2-3000 supporters spread over the rest of the ground are trying to make enough noise for the 40,000 or so in other areas who don't bother week in, week out! Also the atmosphere at away matches is always different. I go to away matches when I can (time, money and babysitting allowing) and its a lot of the same lads time and time again that go, and a lot of them are season ticket holders at St James too, so your argument makes little sense.