Do we need to start supporting?

Stu

I personally hope the fans do protest I really don't care if that results in us getting relegated. In my opinion the pride of the Newcastle fans/city is more important than what division the team is in! At the moment we're getting the p*ss taken out of us by the players, manager and board and I'd rather make a stand against that than anything else! To show people that we're no mugs and have pride in ourselves! I would quite happily take relegation if it meant these jokers being kicked out of town!

You are right, and that is what it took to get rid of McKeag in the end...all this 'get behind the lads' stuff is

old hat from the 50s when  they really DID get behind them because they had a good side who tried their hearts out.

Ashley & Co are only interested in the dosh - if they thought they were going to get another financial caning, they'd soon get their finger out..

Door-mats get trodden on....

so they don't think we'd get a financial caning by getting relegated ?

the irony being that the best we've done in the league post war was under the control of others who were in it for the dosh............made loads-risked little.

Just to reiterate  my original post I really don't care about the financial aspect of things as I think there's more important things in life. As I said in my original post we are being taken for mugs on a grand scale by all parties, for example the lack of communication by the board is disgraceful! So I'd happily take relegation if that was the result of the fans protesting, at least we would have some pride and show people that we won't be taken for granted!

How can any self-respecting person support anyone related to NUFC is beyond me as none of them give a toss about the club.

there are more important things in life,but if you ignore the financial side you'll find most of them are out of your reach.

also i think they do give a toss just haven't been very good at what they do inrelation to NUFC.

I personally hope the fans do protest I really don't care if that results in us getting relegated. In my opinion the pride of the Newcastle fans/city is more important than what division the team is in! At the moment we're getting the p*ss taken out of us by the players, manager and board and I'd rather make a stand against that than anything else! To show people that we're no mugs and have pride in ourselves! I would quite happily take relegation if it meant these jokers being kicked out of town!

You are right, and that is what it took to get rid of McKeag in the end...all this 'get behind the lads' stuff is

old hat from the 50s when  they really DID get behind them because they had a good side who tried their hearts out.

Ashley & Co are only interested in the dosh - if they thought they were going to get another financial caning, they'd soon get their finger out..

Door-mats get trodden on....

so they don't think we'd get a financial caning by getting relegated ?

the irony being that the best we've done in the league post war was under the control of others who were in it for the dosh............made loads-risked little.

Just to reiterate  my original post I really don't care about the financial aspect of things as I think there's more important things in life. As I said in my original post we are being taken for mugs on a grand scale by all parties, for example the lack of communication by the board is disgraceful! So I'd happily take relegation if that was the result of the fans protesting, at least we would have some pride and show people that we won't be taken for granted!

How can any self-respecting person support anyone related to NUFC is beyond me as none of them give a toss about the club.

We don't support "anyone related to NUFC", we support NUFC.  Anyone wanting them relegated doesn't know the meaning of the word "supporter".

That starts with supporters accepting that if they want a committed, hard-working football team to watch, then they need to display some of those qualities themselves

Arsenal have fucking shit fans, and look at them.

The general support during home matches needs to be better and so much less hostile towards the players. More bloody encouragement for a good pass etc. But chants about Ashley etc would not effect the players, and would not be a 'serious lack of support'.

Its getting on players backs straight away for some poor passes for example, booing them etc, thats what causes problems and makes the players afraid of a mistake. There needs to be more encouragement. But singing about Ashley is not going to effect the players in that way, there's nothing wrong/no bad effect of having both.

For years we have got behind the team and generally passion and noise makes little difference most of the time as i can say with experience getting a sore throat over the last 36 years of going to the match,being vocal is one thing but getting a reaction from the players is another .

Total pie in the sky to think that the fans can fix this tbh.

No, but we can certainly make it worse.

qft. this thread isn't saying the relegation can be avoided if we start cheering the lads home, but it'll certainly give them a boost - if only by taking the noose off their necks and letting them enjoy playing at SJP

Guest toonlass

I know I will probably get slated for this, but the singing corner is really trying to support the lads. But without support from other areas then it will never really work. You can see down into the lower Leazes and hardly anyone sings there. The east stand is usually quiet unless there is a bad tackle. The milburn, nowt needs to be said really. Posh people and old people. And the bairns in level 7 milburn. The gallowgate sometimes makes some noise. But the whole ground needs to make an effort, and not just up in the corner. We try and sing as much as we can, but its frustrating to see whole areas in the ground sitting on their hands and saying bugger all. Its not everyone in the areas away from the singing corner who doesn't make a noise, but not enough people do sing and clap around other areas.

Exactly. The fans have been shit at home this season, but it's just a poor excuse to blame them for our failings.

The players obviously arent properly affected by the fans or they wouldn't be so shit away from home.

Guest Gemmill

No, but we can certainly make it worse.

qft. this thread isn't saying the relegation can be avoided if we start cheering the lads home, but it'll certainly give them a boost - if only by taking the noose off their necks and letting them enjoy playing at SJP

A lot of the grief the players are getting is fully deserved.  When Geremi started meandering toward the touchline against West Ham, I didn't boo him, but I fucking gave him a mouthful about getting his arse off the pitch quickly.  You would have thought we were 3-0 up and cruising.  He's been around long enough to know better.

Some of them have been getting away with it for far too long.  For instance, players persistently taking shit corners - they train 5 days a week, and they get paid enough to sort that shit out so when they keep getting it wrong then the crowd will rightly let them know.  It's that sort of shit that gets the fans on the players' backs and it's up to them as professionals to do something about it.  When they turn up next week and fuck it up, they better fucking believe that it's still not acceptable and get ready for some more grief.

It's getting very desperate now, we need to save this club.

That starts with getting behind the team for 90minutes at SJP.

That starts with supporters starting to look to themselves for a positive influence.

That starts with those fans who want the club to remain a premiership club stop looking for scapegoats and start supporting the team.

That starts with the fans realising that the target for this season is to stay in the Premiership.

That starts with the fans accepting that players and managers come and go from the club, supporters are always there.

That starts with supporters putting their personal history of the club to one side and realising that past achievements or efforts count for nothing when the next match starts.

That starts with supporters accepting that if they want a committed, hard-working football team to watch, then they need to display some of those qualities themselves.

That starts with supporters who don't want their side's head to drop, when a decision goes against them, to not start with knee-jerk negative comments and reactions.

"Be the change you want to see in the worldteam" - some Indian bloke.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest neesy111

how about the teams like wigan who hardly get any support at all with a 1/2 empty stadium at times and they are 3x the team which we are at the moment

it should be up to the players to make people support not the other way round, this is an entertainment business and quite frankly i wouldn't even want to get paid to watch us this season

if the players haven't been arsed so far what is going to make them change now, fuck all

Bollocks we are supporters not sheep for to long we have just taken all the shite this club has thrown at us and still turned up in our thousands, why should we not voice our opinion at how depressed we are at the state of the club.

I go to the games I do not boo I sing but I am not happy at how we play or the state of the way the club is being ran. That does not make me less or more of a supporter than anyone else.

Guest LucaAltieri

Just one for the people who think a positive atmosphere will make no difference:

What do you think Keegan brought to the club exactly? In fact, what typifies Keegan's whole career as a manager?

Guest Gemmill

Bollocks we are supporters not sheep for to long we have just taken all the shite this club has thrown at us and still turned up in our thousands, why should we not voice our opinion at how depressed we are at the state of the club.

I go to the games I do not boo I sing but I am not happy at how we play or the state of the way the club is being ran. That does not make me less or more of a supporter than anyone else.

Oi!  We'll have less of this.  You just make sure you clap like a good lad the next time Nicky Butt plays a blind pass to a member of the opposition.  Or the next time Enrique passes the ball straight out of play.  Or when Duff shirks the responsibility for beating every full back that comes to SJP.  Or when Geremi hits the first man with yet another fucking corner.  I mean it's not like this is stuff that they should be expected to get right.

If we're mean to them they'll only get all sad and play worse.

Guest LucaAltieri

Oi!  We'll have less of this.  You just make sure you clap like a good lad the next time Nicky Butt plays a blind pass to a member of the opposition.  Or the next time Enrique passes the ball straight out of play.  Or when Duff shirks the responsibility for beating every full back that comes to SJP.  Or when Geremi hits the first man with yet another fucking corner.   I mean it's not like this is stuff that they should be expected to get right.

Mock all you want but booing isn't exactly working, is it?

Guest Gemmill

Just one for the people who think a positive atmosphere will make no difference:

What do you think Keegan brought to the club exactly? In fact, what typifies Keegan's whole career as a manager?

Keegan also understood that players not performing was unacceptable.  He wouldn't expect people to clap like seals when his teams played poorly.

Guest LucaAltieri

Keegan also understood that players not performing was unacceptable.  He wouldn't expect people to clap like seals when his teams played poorly.

Nobody is asking you to do that. Just pointing out that getting on the player's backs over every little thing needs to be packed in. It fucks them up.

Guest Gemmill

Oi!  We'll have less of this.  You just make sure you clap like a good lad the next time Nicky Butt plays a blind pass to a member of the opposition.  Or the next time Enrique passes the ball straight out of play.  Or when Duff shirks the responsibility for beating every full back that comes to SJP.  Or when Geremi hits the first man with yet another fucking corner.   I mean it's not like this is stuff that they should be expected to get right.

I don't boo personally, but seriously what the fuck do you expect from people?  These are professional footballers and they get outplayed and outfought week in week out on their own fucking turf.  They should be able to beat a glorified Championship side in an empty stadium, and yet they get played off the park.  The players need to take responsibility, not the fans.

Guest Gemmill

Nobody is asking you to do that. Just pointing out that getting on the player's backs over every little thing needs to be packed in. It fucks them up.

When they get these little things wrong every week, they cease to be little things.  Putting a decent corner in for instance - there are Sunday league players who can take a better corner than anyone in our squad.  Not acceptable.  Especially when it's not even something that's that hard to fix.

It took Kinnear almost another ten minutes however to make a change' date=' with surprise substitute Joey Barton appearing for the uninterested N'Zogbia, [b']who was rightly booed for his non-performance.[/b]

Even the usually self-righteous NUFC.com have changed their stance on this matter.

Guest LucaAltieri

I don't boo personally, but seriously what the fuck do you expect from people?  These are professional footballers and they get outplayed and outfought week in week out on their own fucking turf.  They should be able to beat a glorified Championship side in an empty stadium, and yet they get played off the park.  The players need to take responsibility, not the fans.

Our home performances have been doubling shocking. I don't think it's a coincidence.

The players do need to take responsibility. People do have a right to get angry. But if voicing that displeasure quite clearly has a negative affect then why would you continue to let off steam in that way? It's madness.