Newcastle United Finances - 2008 Accounts Recently Filed

quayside

im not sure about that. does the average match going fan really understand the financial stuff enough to realise why we havent splashed the cash this window? i dont think enough do to save him from a backlash/protests if we dont get any more players in by the 2nd.

Enlighten me, why haven?t we splashed the cash?

There isn't any cash.

Guest fading star

im not sure about that. does the average match going fan really understand the financial stuff enough to realise why we havent splashed the cash this window? i dont think enough do to save him from a backlash/protests if we dont get any more players in by the 2nd.

There isn't any cash.

Yes there is, Ashley is a billionaire.

Guest The Libertine

Most of the people I work with think he should start attending again and most would have strung him up from a tree a week ago.   

thats a good sign. i still think he'll be booed when/if he goes back and i fully expect some backlash on the 2nd.

There isn't any cash.

I'm sure other teams like Hull haven't had a few million sitting there waiting to be spent - they've taken a modest gamble to try and ensure safety - something Ashley could do.

Guest fading star

Enlighten me, why haven’t we splashed the cash?

I doubt it if you're still having problems understanding the financial situation after 17 pages.

You’re confusing a balance sheet with a business strategy. 

There isn't any cash.

That's no longer true. Most recent assessment of his net worth was £800 million.

More than a quarter of that amount has already been sunk into NUFC.

There isn't any cash.

:lol:

Guest fading star

There isn't any cash.

That's no longer true. Most recent investment of net worth was £800 million.

so what?

Guest fading star

There isn't any cash.

:celb:

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

Guest fading star

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

Yes there is. According to you Ashley still has £600m in the bank.

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

Fucking hell, do you actually think about what you write or do you just go blind and let God do his thing?

Guest fading star

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

f***ing hell, do you actually think about what you write or do you just go blind and let God do his thing?

I clearly think about it more than idiots like you who can’t see the wood for the trees.

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

Wrong again.

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

f***ing hell, do you actually think about what you write or do you just go blind and let God do his thing?

I clearly think about it more than idiots like you who can’t see the wood for the trees.

Enlighten me.

Is it a simple case of him having £600m in his account so he should spend it on NUFC? How much should he spend? On what timescale? Should he expect to get hismoney back?

Answers on a postcard - preferably with ink not shit. (Will accept pencil)

Guest fading star

You’re confusing a balance sheet with a business strategy. 

His business strategy may be for us to live within our means, it's potentially dangerous but it's still a strategy.

But there was another one, and if you look at the way we played against Blackburn you don’t need to be Ray Ranson to work out what it is.

Guest fading star

He should sell his shareholding in Sports Direct and use the money to buy Messi.

A left back might be a better idea.

Guest fading star

There isn't any cash.

so what?

So there isn't any cash.

Enlighten me.

Is it a simple case of him having £600m in his account so he should spend it on NUFC? How much should he spend? On what timescale? Should he expect to get hismoney back?

Answers on a postcard - preferably with ink not s***. (Will accept pencil)

If NUFC can survive relegation they can’t be in that much financial trouble. If they can’t survive relegation what the hell is Ashley doing. Why is he risking everything on the managerial brilliance of JFK when he’s got £600m in the bank. £30m last summer would have ensured our PL status long enough for the new and improved youth development to bear fruit.

All through this thread you and others have been making the same mistake Ashley is making. Can you guess what it is?