Blackburn got 10,000

Guest toonlass

Maybe we shouldn't concern ourselves with other clubs' attendances, but the media and every other clubs fans seem to make a big thing of any low crowds we have.

As for Blackburn, i bet the whole Town was out in force to see the premiership trophy parded. Where are they now?

I think the FA cup is now on a par with the league cup. Everyone throws their reserves in and keeps their big players for the league.

It's probably easier to win than it ever has been. We still can't do it mind you.

Guest firetotheworks

Pointless thread really. 10,000 isnt a lot but its all about the scale, not the numbers. 10,000 to Blackburn is like nearly 30,000 to us. Plus they're competing with Man United, Man City etc for fans in the first place.

What do we care who anyone else's attendance is.

Blackburn's a small town and they have to compete for fans with a bunch of other Premiership clubs. Hardly their fault they're located where they are.

You are kidding right? 10,000? There are divison 4 (sorry league 2) teams with higher attendances.

I just find the practice of looking down on other clubs based on attendance figures to be entirely pointless.

Attendance is based on a whole bunch of factors the club has no influence over like geography/population. They're a club in a city of barely 100,000 people located right next to a giant glory-hunter magnet in Man United. 20,000 average and lows of around 10,000 is normal.

Bollocks, had we got 20,000 for a cup game it would be all over the back of the Sun. 10,000 is s**** for a team that won the premiership.

:doh:

Yes, because Newcastle is the only club in a city of 300,000, and is also the biggest club in its region.

I really don't get why you find this so hard to understand.

completely astonishing is the fact that people like you appear to think we have always had crowds ourselves of over 25,000, and Blackburn also used to get crowds of under 10,000 too.

Guest toonlass

Blackburn's a small town and they have to compete for fans with a bunch of other Premiership clubs. Hardly their fault they're located where they are.

You are kidding right? 10,000? There are divison 4 (sorry league 2) teams with higher attendances.

I just find the practice of looking down on other clubs based on attendance figures to be entirely pointless.

Attendance is based on a whole bunch of factors the club has no influence over like geography/population. They're a club in a city of barely 100,000 people located right next to a giant glory-hunter magnet in Man United. 20,000 average and lows of around 10,000 is normal.

Bollocks, had we got 20,000 for a cup game it would be all over the back of the Sun. 10,000 is s**** for a team that won the premiership.

Yes, because Newcastle is the only club in a city of 300,000, and is also the biggest club in its region.

completely astonishing is the fact that people like you appear to think we have always had crowds ourselves of over 25,000, and Blackburn also used to get crowds of under 10,000 too.

If that is directed to me NE5 then you know you are talking shite. You know that I was there when crowds were lower than 20,000. I made the op last night when I saw the attendance and was genuinely surprised at how small it was.

If that is directed to me NE5 then you know you are talking shite. You know that I was there when crowds were lower than 20,000. I made the op last night when I saw the attendance and was genuinely surprised at how small it was.

I'm not talking shite, if you say you supported the team in the [bad, but good for some] old days then I don't know you so I take your word for it but if you say I am talking shite then you would also by virtue of the fact that you were an old time supporter, should know its also the truth.

Including 2 away trips to Blackburn in the 1980's when I would estimate we had more supporters than they did in their ground........

It wasn't at you anyway.

;D

You mean Bradford?

Blackburn got half of their average attendance, so it's not actually as low as you think.

They're a Premier League club for fuck sake, 10,000 fans for any game is a joke let alone an FA cup tie against another Premiership club.  Can't believe people are making excuses for them :lol:

Half of their fans turned up. Happens at most of our cup games doesn't it?