Spurs relegaaaaated?

Parky

What I dont get is that we are ahead of them in the table by 2 points,they have spent huge this season,we have spent fuck all and sold our best player, but yet all we read in the papers is the toon are in turmoil!Yet I never seem to read the same about Spurs like

Exactly.  London club? rags best manager friend Redknapp being slated? nahh... writing shit about the Toon is what sells papers.

Spurs aren't in anywhere near the state of turmoil that we are though. They were in a bad shape a few months back and that did make the back pages, and they're slowly and inconsistently climbing ouf of that. You probably won't find someone who dislikes Spurs more than me outside of Arsenal supporters but we've been and are still in a far worse situation than they have been.

I know, but my point being that if we are in such "turmoil" how come we are above them in the league?  The point is that they shouldn't given the resources and releatively injury free season they have had.  I think they haven't climbed out of it yet.  They were in danger but when Harry come in he turned things round, but losses away to West Brom and other recent results show me that they haven't turned that corner, they are still weak and haven't got their act together.  A club in trouble and doing bad deserves bad press, but a team with no trouble but still doing bad deserves worse press imo.  Of course the the first one sells more papers though...

However that's with many different managers - each individual manager would wish to pursue their own targets.  I'm sure Levy didnt really want to go for Keane with the grief the guy put him through in the summer. 

Also on Downing, I think i remember Southgate even put a price on his head of 15million pounds on one post match interview.  So he was available, the point I was making is when Harry speaks about a player they have put a bid in or they are working on something.

But they weren't bidding £15 million, or even close.  If a manager says we'll sell for £15 million and a club keep making bids well short of that how's that any different then bidding for a player who isn't available?  Bit of a co-incidence as well isn't it, that Ramos (or more accurately Commolli) and Redknapp both wanted Downing.

However that's with many different managers - each individual manager would wish to pursue their own targets.  I'm sure Levy didnt really want to go for Keane with the grief the guy put him through in the summer. 

Also on Downing, I think i remember Southgate even put a price on his head of 15million pounds on one post match interview.  So he was available, the point I was making is when Harry speaks about a player they have put a bid in or they are working on something.

But they weren't bidding £15 million, or even close.  If a manager says we'll sell for £15 million and a club keep making bids well short of that how's that any different then bidding for a player who isn't available?  Bit of a co-incidence as well isn't it, that Ramos (or more accurately Commolli) and Redknapp both wanted Downing.

I don't know the figures it's natural for clubs to disagree on the valuations, they may have tried to work in a player-exchange many possibilities.  Maybe it is a coincidence who knows could even be the work of Downings agent. 

However aside from declaring his interest in the player and that the chairman was working on it, the press were the ones keeping Downings name in the news.  Harry - we all know he's an idiot, and he does get away with it, you can't pin that on the entire football club.  Especially when there are so many worse then them.

they're up, stop deluding yourselves, they'll beat enough shite to stay up

Not so sure about that anymore. The Bolton thing was a sign.

palacios was fuckin immense yesterday, unless he gets injured i think they'll slowly start to pull it together with him chopping people up properly instead of fairy's like jenas and zokora

keane will bag some goals as well...i WANT them to go down but they won't, they just won't

Will you change your mind if they don't win a league game in March?

i will if they don't win a league game by may!  :lol:

you looked at their fixtures?  i haven't being honest, why do you mention march?  hard month for them?

remember 4/5 wins will get them to safety (probably), can't see how they won't beat 5 teams...unless they've played most of the shit already, but they can't have played it all

They don't have a pretty run in like.

I have and I see maybe one win for them in March and that's if Boro play shite.

just looked, they've got 4 home games they'll win imo (inc us) and they'll scrape a draw or two on the road

plus there's always a surprise or two, see where you're coming from though - it might be very close for them

They'll beat us will they?  Why's that then?

i said it's my opinion, and it is for a number of footballing reasons - doesn't always work out that way of course, and i hope to fuck i'm wrong anyways

guess a lot will depend on how much injuries dictate how strong a team each club can field

if we could field harper, beye, bassong, colo, enrique, jonas, barton, nolan, taylor r, martins & owen then i'd fancy our chances actually but change that team to harper, taylor s, colo, bassong, enrique, duff, guthrie, butt, taylor r, ameobi & smith/viduka then i don't see where the win is coming from, and that discounts a truly horrible series of injuries/suspensions we're well capable of having

imo they have more pace in all areas, especially midfield & i think we'll be overrun as the away team...if it was at home we wouldn't be having this discussion as they're fragile away, but so are we

any reason you think we will win?  other than "we always beat spurs"...