NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mon 1st June NUSC Roadshow @ The Joiners Arms, Coomassie Road, Blyth, 7.30pm.    Special guest: John Gibson.

Free entry.

Just cause the papers arent all over them (they were before because it made for a great story) doesn't mean they aren't still there.

We haven't heard a peep out of NUSC for a while now.

Surely this is their time to grab the club by the scruff of its neck and do something?

I believe they said at the end of last season they would leave the powers that be to get on with things so we could all be together in fighting for survival.

They've been doing roadshows, going out and about as people can't always get into Newcastle for meetings etc,  think they're in Blyth this week,  they've also got a comedy night on at the Irish centre in a couple of weeks with Gavin Webster & simon Donald(no doubt someone on here will make a wise crack about them been a comedy club! ;D).  so i'll get in first....

I know that apart from backing that Altogether campaign that the chronicle were going with they were keeping a lowish profile while we were trying to stop up although i also think they'll have been working on getting the supporters trust set up,  personally i love the trust to be set up in time to coincide with the new ownership and the trust somehow getting involved.

I fully expect statements, some type of action, another open meeting in the coming weeks now the season has ended and the Ashley news this weekend.

just found this on there website....they released a statement last wednesday.

Press Release - 27 May 2009

Like all fans we are bitterly disappointed that despite our support for the team never wavering, the end result of 38 games has seen us relegated from the premier league.

We believe that the blame for this relegation lies firmly at the feet of the current and previous owners of the club. Owners whose mismanagement has brought this club down from a position of strength, from European and champions league football to a situation that sees us win only 7 games in a full season and lose our premiership status. Mike Ashley is currently in the hot seat and it is his responsibility to make the correct decisions that will take the club forward again.

Importantly, the Supporters Club is to move to Supporter Trust status, and if the situation that has embroiled this club since the start of the season were not bad enough, the outcome of the weekend further demonstrates the need to have a representative voice for the fans and ultimately to have a say in the running of the club. Supporters of Newcastle United know what is wrong with the club and what needs to be put right. We should be given the opportunity to have a voice that the owner of NUFC will listen to and work with to ensure that our club is not de-stabilised further.

Like all fans we are bitterly disappointed that despite our support for the team never wavering, the end result of 38 games has seen us relegated from the premier league.

We believe that the blame for this relegation lies firmly at the feet of the current and previous owners of the club. Owners whose mismanagement has brought this club down from a position of strength, from European and champions league football to a situation that sees us win only 7 games in a full season and lose our premiership status. Mike Ashley is currently in the hot seat and it is his responsibility to make the correct decisions that will take the club forward again.

Importantly, the Supporters Club is to move to Supporter Trust status, and if the situation that has embroiled this club since the start of the season were not bad enough, the outcome of the weekend further demonstrates the need to have a representative voice for the fans and ultimately to have a say in the running of the club. Supporters of Newcastle United know what is wrong with the club and what needs to be put right. We should be given the opportunity to have a voice that the owner of NUFC will listen to and work with to ensure that our club is not de-stabilised further.

Like a supporters panel?

Like a supporters panel?

Is that a kind of dig at the current supports panel or NUSC?  The supporters panel that was set up had to be done under the premier league charter and was basically a talking shop, nothing really happened and it has/had no power,  i would be amazed if the points that were raised in the early meetings even got back to llambias and very much doubt they got back to Ashley.  It was only the last couple when Llambias thought making contact with supporters might be a good idea that he went along.

Like a supporters panel?

Is that a kind of dig at the current supports panel or NUSC?  The supporters panel that was set up had to be done under the premier league charter and was basically a talking shop, nothing really happened and it has/had no power,  i would be amazed if the points that were raised in the early meetings even got back to llambias and very much doubt they got back to Ashley.  It was only the last couple when Llambias thought making contact with supporters might be a good idea that he went along.

It was a suggestion that there is something in place that could be used in conjuction with the new owners already.  Of course it goes without saying that it relies on all of the attendees behaving like adults & not mis-representing what went on at the meeting.

Guest fading star

f*** me, they must've never have heard of layout design. That's bloody horrid for a front page of a magazine, be it a fanzine or not.

http://www.thetalkofthetyne.com/fanzine/images/IssueOneFanzine.jpg

I quite like it. A sort of graphic throw back to the first fanzines. There was virtually nothing to read inside though, but it’s early days. Good luck to them I say.

nusc now redundant?

how do you work that one out? 

They've achieved their aim of forcing Ashley out and paving the way for Shepherd's return.

Have to take my hat off to him, never thought he'd come up with something as ingenious as a pressure group parading as some sort of 'unofficially official' supporters group - the man is more astute than most give credit for.

nusc now redundant?

how do you work that one out? 

They've achieved their aim of forcing Ashley out and paving the way for Shepherd's return.

Have to take my hat off to him, never thought he'd come up with something as ingenious as a pressure group parading as some sort of 'unofficially official' supporters group - the man is more astute than most give credit for.

they didnt force Ashley out, he left himself nowhere to go.