BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

1st year:His games played (11) was s**** his return of 7 goals in them games is not bad.

2nd season syndrome:3 games played 0  (ZERO) goals  - s****!!! Not even the late Johnnie Cochran could defend that.

Last seasons top goalscorer.

This year leading the charts.

He needs to go, his time is done here.

Another way to look at him is his cost to us.

Conservatively estimating his wage as £100,000 per week, plus the transfer fee, minus the compensation from the FA comes to a total of around £33million for his services.

He's played something like 68 games for us in all competitions (excluding friendlies) & scored 30 goals.  Not a bad return in terms of goals to games.  But...

£33million / 68 games = £485,000 per game

£33million / 30 goals = £1,100,000 per goal

That's just s***.

Well spotted it has not worked out & has been expensive if only I had of known that. I like your He's played something like I was expecting a ball park figure but you nailed it with 68.

Stats can be twisted to whichever way you like though.

But if we are going by your logic, lets have a look at the current set up attempt in Xisco

Conservatively estimating his wage as £25,000 per week for roughly 7 months, plus the transfer fee (4.8 million?), comes to a total of around £5.5million for his services.

£5.5million / 4 games = £1,375,000 per game

£5.5million / 1 goals = £5,500,000 per goal

Go Team Ashley... :celb:

that doesn't work fucknuts  ???, you need to reduce the transfer fee pro rata for how long he's been here so far vs the length of his contract

owens almost seen his contract out so hoying it all together works, xisco not even a season so it doesn't

1st year:His games played (11) was s**** his return of 7 goals in them games is not bad.

2nd season syndrome:3 games played 0  (ZERO) goals  - s****!!! Not even the late Johnnie Cochran could defend that.

Conservatively estimating his wage as £100,000 per week, plus the transfer fee, minus the compensation from the FA comes to a total of around £33million for his services.

He's played something like 68 games for us in all competitions (excluding friendlies) & scored 30 goals.  Not a bad return in terms of goals to games.  But...

That's just s***.

Well spotted it has not worked out & has been expensive if only I had of known that. I like your He's played something like I was expecting a ball park figure but you nailed it with 68.

But if we are going by your logic, lets have a look at the current set up attempt in Xisco

Conservatively estimating his wage as £25,000 per week for roughly 7 months, plus the transfer fee (4.8 million?), comes to a total of around £5.5million for his services.

that doesn't work fucknuts  ???, you need to reduce the transfer fee pro rata for how long he's been here so far vs the length of his contract

owens almost seen his contract out so hoying it all together works, xisco not even a season so it doesn't

:lol:

Resorting to insults, I didn't think that was allowed on here...

Guest The Libertine

That's just s***.

:kinnear:

Guest toonlass

Owen and Viduka have scored 8 league goals between them this season, that's twice as many as shitty Shola.

Don't make it sound as if these two are world beaters.

The reality is that Owen has averaged under 10 goals per season for us in 3 & a half years at the club.

He was our top goalscorer last season &  he is our current top goalscorer.

Of course I think it would be for the best if the likes of him, Viduka, Cacraper & Edgar were not offered new deals.

Just because our other strikers are crocked/young and inexperienced/shola does not make him any better. 10 goals per season is just shit!

Owen and Viduka have scored 8 league goals between them this season, that's twice as many as shitty Shola.

The reality is that Owen has averaged under 10 goals per season for us in 3 & a half years at the club.

Of course I think it would be for the best if the likes of him, Viduka, Cacraper & Edgar were not offered new deals.

Just because our other strikers are crocked/young and inexperienced/shola does not make him any better. 10 goals per season is just s***!

It makes him our best striker going by goals in the last few years.

2nd season syndrome:3 games played 0  (ZERO) goals  - s****!!! Not even the late Johnnie Cochran could defend that.

That's just s***.

Owen will have sold shirts, got coporate contracts for the club and attracted other players though,  I can't see that effect with someone like Darren Bent.

Obviously Owen's wages need to be reduced but I'd be happy to have him at the club for 50/60k a week (i.e. Smith's wages  :kinnear:)

Guest toonlass

Just because our other strikers are crocked/young and inexperienced/shola does not make him any better. 10 goals per season is just s***!

It makes him our best striker going by goals in the last few years.

Says a lot about the state of our club if our best striker can only average 10 goals a season tbh.