BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Is that a reason for him to be sacked? From the little we have been told it seems he is in charge of bringing young players into the club for the future. This is the one job that seems to be getting done. 

Is that a reason for him to be sacked? From the little we have been told it seems he is in charge of bringing young players into the club for the future. This is the one job that seems to be getting done. 

Make him a youth scout then. Job done.

You mentioned Wise, and you mentioned anyone being sacked.

I am fairly certain people have mentioned him being sacked quite a few times whilst having absolutely no idea what he does or how well he does it.

Seems crazy and a little childish.

This.  People will never give him a chance but fair to play for him getting on with his job (and doing it well) of getting youth talent in the ranks.

I am fairly certain people have mentioned him being sacked quite a few times whilst having absolutely no idea what he does or how well he does it.

Seems crazy and a little childish.

Apologies, I thought your comment was directly related to the NUSC and their statement above.

If we knew exactly what he did then maybe it would be easier to judge him. There have been many mixed messages, and that obviously doesn't help IMO. Both in terms of the fans directing their anger at him and potentially putting off future managers (the Keegan affair).

Guest Mucky01

whether Wise is is doing the job/role he was asked to do properly is not the point, as he’s the only one at board level who has any knowledge of how to run a football club (not a Premiership club though), it’s either naive, crazy, stupid, or ground breaking.

Take your pick.

Dennis is running the whole of the football side, he is not a YOUTH SCOUT!!! If he was a youth scout he would not be pissing around in France trying to sign Albin Ebondo & would not be sitting in on board meetings.

Do people think Wise has been watching games in the Swedish 2nd Division? Has he fuck he is out looking at first team players. Jeff & other scouts are out scouting for kids.

Guest Mucky01

Dennis is running the whole of the football side, he is not a YOUTH SCOUT!!! If he was a youth scout he would not be pissing around in France trying to sign Albin Ebondo & would not be sitting in on board meetings.

Do people think Wise has been watching games in the Swedish 2nd Division? Has he f*** he is out looking at first team players. Jeff & other scouts are out scouting for kids.

agreed, the ‘Youth Team Director‘ title was a lie created by the board to appease the fans/media regarding the KK/DoF fiasco.

Well yet again, NUSC have an opportunity to do something good & completely fuck it up.

Today's protest (it was a protest, not a rally) comprised 20 seconds of wishing Kinnear well, 20 seconds of wishing Bobby all the best, then 15 minutes of confirming that they are a single mission "Ashley out" pressure group.

"He's more interested in the amount of pies he sells than the opinions of supporters"

"He's appointed the odious Dennis Wise who has no affiliation with the region"

"He's stolen your 2 & 1/2 percent from the VAT on the season tickets. That's your money & he's stolen it"

"It's obvious to us that Mr Ashley biught the club to make a quick profit"

"You've bought into the geordie dream Mr Ashley, now ignore us at your peril"

Then the same old shite after slagging him off for fifteen minutes "we want communication Mr Ashley, talk to NUSC".  Let's be honest, after that, why the fuck should he?

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9052/dscn6063.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4413/dscn6062.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8891/dscn6072.jpg

The biggest indicator of the support for NUSC was in the number of people walking away as the talk was going on.  I'd be being conservative if I said the numbers watching had dropped by two thirds between about 2.40pm & 3.10pm.

I'm not quite sure what everyone's problem is with Wise, yeah there's some confusion over exactly what his role is, but the ones I've heard are:

Youth recruitment/running the academy - We've brought in some (apparently) really good youth players over the last year or so, seems to be one area of the club that is going pretty well. Did okay in the youth cup didn't we? Losing to Citeh is no shame, they're pretty good at least that's what I've heard and have been for a while, I remember seeing them beating us a couple of years ago and they were very good that night.

So if that's his job, he's doing it pretty well it seems.

Director of football (ie bringing in players for the first team) - Is anyone that unhappy with our signings since Wise was appointed? A number of them seem to have become real favourites with the fans and people on here especially. We've also seemingly got good money for the players we've sold. Yeah in an ideal world we'd all have liked to have seen a few more arrive and a couple not depart, but we're not living in an ideal world at NUFC, are we!

So if that's his job then I'm not too sure what more he could have done.

In charge of the football side - Not entirely sure what that means in addition to the above. Given that the manager is in charge of the first team there's not a lot more I can think to add to the two jobs above. I guess hiring and firing the manager is all and as much as I don't want JFK long term we did manage to get someone in and that person did manage to steady the ship somewhat.

So if that's his job then other than the decent job he seems to be doing in the other two areas, I think we'll need to wait until the summer to make a judgement on the rest of his responsibilities.

I'm pretty sure that most people just don't like Dennis Wise due to his playing days and have therefore assumed that he's the reason Keegan left, well that may well be true, but as far as I'm aware Keegan's said basically nothing since September and the only comments that came through his solicitor were very generic and didn't name any names. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if... ...I don't know, David Batty was doing Wise's job, a player that we loved (well I did, anyway), but opposing fans absolutely loathed, would people have accepted him if he'd had Wise's limited experience of management, etc? I think a lot would rightly question his credentials, but I think if he'd have done a similar job to what Wise seems to have done, most would have given him a chance.

I'm not quite sure what everyone's problem is with Wise, yeah there's some confusion over exactly what his role is, but the ones I've heard are:

Youth recruitment/running the academy - We've brought in some (apparently) really good youth players over the last year or so, seems to be one area of the club that is going pretty well. Did okay in the youth cup didn't we? Losing to Citeh is no shame, they're pretty good at least that's what I've heard and have been for a while, I remember seeing them beating us a couple of years ago and they were very good that night.

Director of football (ie bringing in players for the first team) - Is anyone that unhappy with our signings since Wise was appointed?[/] A number of them seem to have become real favourites with the fans and people on here especially. We've also seemingly got good money for the players we've sold. Yeah in an ideal world we'd all have liked to have seen a few more arrive and a couple not depart, but we're not living in an ideal world at NUFC, are we!

In charge of the football side - Not entirely sure what that means in addition to the above. Given that the manager is in charge of the first team there's not a lot more I can think to add to the two jobs above. I guess hiring and firing the manager is all and as much as I don't want JFK long term we did manage to get someone in and that person did manage to steady the ship somewhat.

So if that's his job then other than the decent job he seems to be doing in the other two areas, I think we'll need to wait until the summer to make a judgement on the rest of his responsibilities.

I'm pretty sure that most people just don't like Dennis Wise due to his playing days and have therefore assumed that he's the reason Keegan left, well that may well be true, but as far as I'm aware Keegan's said basically nothing since September and the only comments that came through his solicitor were very generic and didn't name any names. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if... ...I don't know, David Batty was doing Wise's job, a player that we loved (well I did, anyway), but opposing fans absolutely loathed, would people have accepted him if he'd had Wise's limited experience of management, etc? I think a lot would rightly question his credentials, but I think if he'd have done a similar job to what Wise seems to have done, most would have given him a chance.

I think Kevin Nolan was a shit signing, the worst of the lot. No decent football team would have had any interest in him whatsoever.

Director of football (ie bringing in players for the first team) - Is anyone that unhappy with our signings since Wise was appointed?[/] A number of them seem to have become real favourites with the fans and people on here especially. We've also seemingly got good money for the players we've sold. Yeah in an ideal world we'd all have liked to have seen a few more arrive and a couple not depart, but we're not living in an ideal world at NUFC, are we!

I think Kevin Nolan was a shit signing, the worst of the lot. No decent football team would have had any interest in him whatsoever.

Really? You should have told us before.

So just the one then, is that really justification for people hating him and wanting him sacked?

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Kevin Nolan was a s*** signing, the worst of the lot. No decent football team would have had any interest in him whatsoever.

Nolan was an after thought kind of signing, a decision made based on short-term needs rather than long-term given Barton and Guthrie's injuries and the impending closure of the transfer window. We chanced our luck so late on by asking Bolton if they would sell and they said yeah, so we bought him. I doubt any planning at all went into buying Nolan, Taylor or the Danish lad. Bodies basically.

I think Kevin Nolan was a s*** signing, the worst of the lot. No decent football team would have had any interest in him whatsoever.

Nolan was an after thought kind of signing, a decision made based on short-term needs rather than long-term given Barton and Guthrie's injuries and the impending closure of the transfer window. We chanced our luck so late on by asking Bolton if they would sell and they said yeah, so we bought him. I doubt any planning at all went into buying Nolan, Taylor or the Danish lad. Bodies basically.

That is what worries me considering we knew months beforehand that the squad needed strengthening.

Guest Howaythetoon

A few lads I know attended the NUSC rally and didn't stay long, claiming there was nothing really new about it all. I have to say, I support the idea of a supporter's club 100% and have no problems with NUSC doing what they are doing, I respect any fan who gets off their arse to do something they believe is worthwhile no matter how misguided and sympathise with their view entirely, however NUSC at current isn't something I'd want to be a member of for many of the reasons debated in this thread. When they first sprang up I was all in favour and like many I imagine swept up in my own disgust at the mismanagement but now that things have died down to some extent and I've had more than long enough to think about everything, there is nothing there that appeals to me that they are offering. They really need to shift away from this Ashley out thing. They can still want him out but that is seemingly all they are about and what they are about. A supporter's club for me should be about, err, the supporters. Not Mike Ashley or Dennis Wise. What do Newcastle fans need? We need better stewarding, better facilities, we need a better atmosphere. We need cheaper tickets for kids and families. We need to be respected more on our travels regarding the police, stewards, pricing, travel options etc. We need a better profile with the media. These are real issues, issues that a supporters club can look at and effect. NUSC cannot effect the ownership of Newcastle United, replace a manager, get a seat alongside Ashley and so on. I mean, if they were ever to succeed in getting rid of Ashley, where would it stop? The manager? Players?

I was there (obviously), it was canny, there was no protest so not quite sure where Gejon was coming from. It was a call to action, not to storm the club or anything but for everyone to give their all in support of the lads on the pitch. It was also a call for people to question what is going on at the club and a chance to point out some of the things happening both within NUFC and the NUSC.

All in all it was a good natured get together that saw a good couple of hundred people take in some music, discussion and a speaker who was vocal but passionate about this football club.

..over 400 people signed the petition, 15 people joined up as members and many many more took away the details to join later (I personally didnt expect anyone to hand over a tenner to some people stood with a table but 15 did).

I was there (obviously), it was canny, there was no protest so not quite sure where Gejon was coming from. It was a call to action, not to storm the club or anything but for everyone to give their all in support of the lads on the pitch. It was also a call for people to question what is going on at the club and a chance to point out some of the things happening both within NUFC and the NUSC.

All in all it was a good natured get together that saw a good couple of hundred people take in some music, discussion and a speaker who was vocal but passionate about this football club.

..over 400 people signed the petition, 15 people joined up as members and many many more took away the details to join later (I personally didnt expect anyone to hand over a tenner to some people stood with a table but 15 did).

Are you now his spokesperson. ;)

The bloke doing the speaking was dreadful to be honest, in that having listened to them for weeks telling supporters how they aren't just an Ashley out protest group it's now clear that that is their sole aim.

Gaining only 15 new members is very poor as well from today iyam.

Are you now his spokesperson.

He doesn't post on here any more so I just copy and paste his comments from Toontastic so people can read them. What's the problem like?

I've added a ;)

Apart from Tom none of them seek opinions on here.

What about the rest of my post? As one of their supporters what do you think of what they've done and achieved today?