No point sacking Roeder until we get rid of Fat Fred

stozo

I'm with you Bluf!

Honestly - nothing good will come of getting rid of Fred right now. It's like the fanbase is going into self-destruct mode. I'm no fan of FFS, but the trouble right now is the players are clearly down, the manager's got no strikeforce and absolutely no clue what the hell he's doing.

Both have to go ASAP, this club will decline more every day hes there. As someone at the match pointed out todays game should have been moved to tomorrow but Shepherd could only see the pound signs of Sky.

Glenn has to go tomorrow and Fred as soon as possible, a change of ownership takes time it cant happen overnight but until it does we need out of this relegation battle and theres no way Roeder can take us out.

What makes you think Shepherd is up to appointing a capable manager?

You're spot-on Mick, but unless we get SOME sort of action soon, it will be too late - this boat is already beginning to move down the slipway and relegation would be a total disaster.

Unfortunately, I cannot see a takeover happening quickly and at the very least, we need someone on a short contract who might steady the ship until the end of the season.

What is needed now is someone who can somehow put some fire into the bellies of these under-performing players ; everyone will moan at the suggestion, but even Graham or Venables might be able to temporarily stop the rot - and it DESPERATELY needs stopping - QUICKLY.

Head, sand, in.

Really, no one's going to disagree that the fat one needs to leave (except the usual culprits) but we need a manager who has a clue to save us from relegation until we do get rid of him.

you will not get one

Guest thaitoon

I don't want Roeder sacked, but I want him in a job he's capable of doing: Academy Director.

Non-of this is Roeder's fault really, he can't help that he's not good enough, it's like asking a paraplegic to run a marathon, no matter how hard they try, it's just not going to happen.

The blame lies with Shepherd and if Roeder goes, it should not be allowed to take the pressure off the board, even if the results get better.

to be honest, if roader cant hack it at the highest level, whats reasuring about him controlling the academy, its basically the same principal only with younger players, what worries me is from what we"ve seen , his ability as a coach , motivator etc, seems highly suspect, and the last thing we need is for a coach who hasn"t got these qualities coaching youn uns

Guest davidthoris

Anyone think that Roeders lack of success will have any affect on Southgates prospects of getting the same approval as Roeder initially got from the FA? Just a thought...

guys this is not about getting a manager that can take us to top 4. this is about to save the club from the championship!

top 4 will we never be as long as Shepherd is in the club :wullie:

Curbishley, if ever appointed at Newcastle, would go the same way as Glenn and Souness as soon as a run of poor results came about because he's just an ordinary manager at the end of the day and lacks the key skills needed to take charge of this club. He hasn't the CV or name to ride a rough period like say, Bobby Robson did.

If Curbishley is the best we can do, we'll be back to square one within a year or 2 without a doubt and we'll be calling for his head like we are Roeder's. He's a better manager for sure, but he's not a great manager and this is what this club needs frankly. Anyone else is just a mere stop gap or a scapegoat...

Sadly we are not in a position to attract a great manager and we lack the brains to go out and find one that can be a great manager, if they even exist.

Big Sam would be my choice because he has the balls and the key skills needed, he's also a proven bargain basement spender and we'll need someone of that ilk as we're skint.

Newcastle don't need a manager with a name, they've had those before with Dalgleish and Gullitt.  Newcastle need a manager with ability.

Indigo is right.

FS has 29% of the shares. The only people who can get rid of him are Sir John and Douglas Hall.

We don't know the ins and outs of the transfer dealings so while we can be upset at the lack of appropriate players in we don't know why it didn't happen. Nor will we.

Roeder was offered the job. Lets face it when he rebuilt our season most of us thought he was the messiah. But there are a few questions to be askedand answered

1. Why does he select Bramble first.

2. Why is Carr selected if he leaves holes.

3. Luque had a very serious hamstring injury and I think he is mentally less than 100%

4. Dyer is an idiot - what the hell would you do with him.

5. Duff has under performed?

6. Babayaro is himself.

Personally I think Roeder is half way through building his team around what he considers appropriate players, but injuries have left him regularly playing players out of position. If someone is injured in training mid week there is not enough time to "convert"a left midfielder to a right wing - not at this level. Only by having a larger squad of decent "this level"players can disruptions be minimised.

I'm not saying Roeder is blameless, far from it, as some selections and substitutions have made no sense. But He is not the only culprit. There are 11 players on the pitch each game - some should not be there.

If Roeder has to go his replacement should be signed and Roeder go back to the accademy where he has a lot to offer. But he won't. He has a two year contract and in his position I would take the money. Forget honesty, integrity and honour - its bread on the table that matters at crunch time.

Guest lessthanlee

It'll also be embarrassing if we get rid of Roeder after only a few months seeing as Fat Fred had to go round begging other chairmen to let him be the manager even though he doesnt hold the correct badges yet...another example of us being a laughing stock...

It'll also be embarrassing if we get rid of Roeder after only a few months seeing as Fat Fred had to go round begging other chairmen to let him be the manager even though he doesnt hold the correct badges yet...another example of us being a laughing stock...

good point

Yeah, but it'll be a hell of a lot more embarrassing if we go down :(