No point sacking Roeder until we get rid of Fat Fred

stozo

I'm with you Bluf!

Honestly - nothing good will come of getting rid of Fred right now. It's like the fanbase is going into self-destruct mode. I'm no fan of FFS, but the trouble right now is the players are clearly down, the manager's got no strikeforce and absolutely no clue what the hell he's doing.

Head, sand, in.

Really, no one's going to disagree that the fat one needs to leave (except the usual culprits) but we need a manager who has a clue to save us from relegation until we do get rid of him.

Exactly, we need to correct things at ground level before looking any higher at anyone in suits. Or we could well get caught cold and relegated. Get Roeder out and then build from there.

I don't want Roeder sacked, but I want him in a job he's capable of doing: Academy Director.

Non-of this is Roeder's fault really, he can't help that he's not good enough, it's like asking a paraplegic to run a marathon, no matter how hard they try, it's just not going to happen.

The blame lies with Shepherd and if Roeder goes, it should not be allowed to take the pressure off the board, even if the results get better.

agreed. today it seemed like roeder was doing the best with what he had, and his players certainly did him no favors with that preformance. but if he goes, like many people want, then what next? another shit manager?

I don't want Roeder sacked, but I want him in a job he's capable of doing: Academy Director.

Non-of this is Roeder's fault really, he can't help that he's not good enough, it's like asking a paraplegic to run a marathon, no matter how hard they try, it's just not going to happen.

The blame lies with Shepherd and if Roeder goes, it should not be allowed to take the pressure off the board, even if the results get better.

A different slant on it, and I agree, but he still needs to be relieved of his duties as our manager.

I would like to think Roeder's scalp will not take these new malcontents' collective eye off the ball. They've made a fairly good start, so far.

Guest Drymarker1

fred needs to go...what half decent manager would even consider coming here whilst he is the chairman.  For fooooks sake who would take the job if Roeder was sacked?!!?!?!?!?!?

WE WANT SHEPHERD OUT - I FCUKIN HATE HIM

I'm with you Bluf!

Honestly - nothing good will come of getting rid of Fred right now. It's like the fanbase is going into self-destruct mode. I'm no fan of FFS, but the trouble right now is the players are clearly down, the manager's got no strikeforce and absolutely no clue what the hell he's doing.

Both have to go ASAP, this club will decline more every day hes there. As someone at the match pointed out todays game should have been moved to tomorrow but Shepherd could only see the pound signs of Sky.

Glenn has to go tomorrow and Fred as soon as possible, a change of ownership takes time it cant happen overnight but until it does we need out of this relegation battle and theres no way Roeder can take us out.

I'm with you Bluf!

Both have to go ASAP, this club will decline more every day hes there. As someone at the match pointed out todays game should have been moved to tomorrow but Shepherd could only see the pound signs of Sky.

Glenn has to go tomorrow and Fred as soon as possible, a change of ownership takes time it cant happen overnight but until it does we need out of this relegation battle and theres no way Roeder can take us out.

I agree with you, mate.  But like you say, there's no chance of Freddy leaving soon, it would take months for anything to be finalised, that is months we don't have if Roeder is in charge.  They both need to go, but realistically, Roeder is the only one with any chance of going sooner.  And I know Shepherd hasn't got a good enough record of appointing 'successful' managers, I personally don't think he could appoint anyone worse than Roeder.  Mind, I did think the same with Souness...

Head, sand, in.

Really, no one's going to disagree that the fat one needs to leave (except the usual culprits) but we need a manager who has a clue to save us from relegation until we do get rid of him.

Shepherd wouldn't be able to recognise that person, he's a serial failure.

I'm with you Bluf!

What makes you think Shepherd is up to appointing a capable manager?

Guest newcastle4life

should never have got the job in the 1st place.should of left him doing a canny job at the acadamy.i think its the chief scout that does it now

Spot on, Indigo but don't expect everybody to agree, some will still tell us that he's doing a good job, is better than Ellis and buys more major England players than the board pre-1992.

Guest maroonman

I presume it was the board who agreed to have the game today, less than 48 hours after the game in Palermo. Roeder's pre-match comments suggest he wasn't impressed.

Bloody ludicrous decision.

:wullie:

Guest Knightrider

Curbishley, if ever appointed at Newcastle, would go the same way as Glenn and Souness as soon as a run of poor results came about because he's just an ordinary manager at the end of the day and lacks the key skills needed to take charge of this club. He hasn't the CV or name to ride a rough period like say, Bobby Robson did.

If Curbishley is the best we can do, we'll be back to square one within a year or 2 without a doubt and we'll be calling for his head like we are Roeder's. He's a better manager for sure, but he's not a great manager and this is what this club needs frankly. Anyone else is just a mere stop gap or a scapegoat...

Sadly we are not in a position to attract a great manager and we lack the brains to go out and find one that can be a great manager, if they even exist.

Big Sam would be my choice because he has the balls and the key skills needed, he's also a proven bargain basement spender and we'll need someone of that ilk as we're skint.

Curbishley, if ever appointed at Newcastle, would go the same way as Glenn and Souness as soon as a run of poor results came about because he's just an ordinary manager at the end of the day and lacks the key skills needed to take charge of this club. He hasn't the CV or name to ride a rough period like say, Bobby Robson did.

If Curbishley is the best we can do, we'll be back to square one within a year or 2 without a doubt and we'll be calling for his head like we are Roeder's. He's a better manager for sure, but he's not a great manager and this is what this club needs frankly. Anyone else is just a mere stop gap or a scapegoat...

Sadly we are not in a position to attract a great manager and we lack the brains to go out and find one that can be a great manager, if they even exist.

Big Sam would be my choice because he has the balls and the key skills needed, he's also a proven bargain basement spender and we'll need someone of that ilk as we're skint.

Agree with everything except the last bit, one thing this club doesnt need is a man on the take... (allegedly)