Did anyone go to this game - Blackburn away - this day in 1992

Big Geordie

I remember listening to this on the radio - memories from .com;

1992 Blackburn Rovers (a)

1-3 (1-1)

Division Two

Kelly

Speedie(3)

Game two of Kevin Keegan's managerial reign, and the celebrations in the away end when David Kelly opened the scoring were as nothing compared to the unrestrained venom directed at Rovers striker David Speedie.

The diminutive jock grabbed all three Rovers goals and seemed to have a death wish as he celebrated scoring the second two in front of the away end, some of whom sought to join him on the field....

The rest of the away contingent contented themselves with prolonged choruses of "We've all sh*gged your wife, Speedie, Speedie" 

-------------

Speedie was one of those players we loved to hate and I remember the radio saying there was hell on, when he celebrated infront of the Darwen End..... So was anyone there that day and can remember what happened?

Guest Magpie007

i was at that game so old fella before the game came runing up to the coach with a picture of of the little shit he got abuse from the warm up he had the last laugh mind.

I think from seeing the highlights and commentary that there was something about not giving up the ball back after an injury or them playing on with a man down. Our goal came from a backpass freekick IIRC and something reminds of 2 fingered gestures featuring from the little twat too. I might have to dig out one of my really old Newcastle videos to check.

I was at this game. The venom started after Blackburns first goal, from a drop ball in the area - after Speedie slid in late on our keeper injuring him. This should have been a free kick, our keeper had pssession of the ball. Speeie then scored in the second half and ran in front of us and gestured.

A most foul man - even my wife was shouting abuse at him.

Guest Geordiesned

I was there. Never has a chant aimed at an oppostion player come back to haunt us so much!

The goal he scored in front of the away section he celebrated and beckoned the away fans on. There was a large surge as people tried to force the gate open and get at him. I'm amazed the stewards managed to hold them back behind it.

I was there. We had the tickets for weeks in advance, then KK arrived and everyone just assumed we were jumping on the bandwaggon. Pah.

I've been to Ewood so many times, and it's always bloody rubbish.

I was reading an article about people going round doing non-league tours of matches in FourFourTwo last year, and David Speedie was managing some team, and the writer described him as "foul-mouthed" and "a midget who was jumping around on the touchlines looking like an advert for C&A."

I was reading an article about people going round doing non-league tours of matches in FourFourTwo last year, and David Speedie was managing some team, and the writer described him as "foul-mouthed" and "a midget who was jumping around on the touchlines looking like an advert for C&A."

Thats going soft on the little bollock.

I was there , remember it very well. If it wasnt for the fencing  im sure he would have been lynched.

I remember queing up overnight too for tickets for the cup game down there , the last game there before the ground got renovated. Started queing up at 11pm, queue was that big they had to drag the staff in and start selling tickets at 3am!