Booing parker

Guest wondermike

Parker is not playing well in a sub-par team.  Fix the defence, and watch him improve.  Fix the defence, watch everyone else improve. 

That isn't an attempt to justify s*** performances (and there have been some) but you can point to numerous games at Charlton or when he got a chance at Chelsea (against us in the league cup for example) when he has been very good.  And for Newcastle too - take a look at his performance against Arsenal last season.  There is something there and we have the film to prove it.

He's done more in his career to merit the benefit of the doubt than Bramble or Roeder.

The fact he's unable to antiticpate danger hence the number of times he has to throw himself into a challenge is poor, hence his tackling, while appearing to be "all action", is quite poor. His range of passing is too slow and is also poor. He's just a shit to average footballer who had one good season at Charlton.

I'm against 'abusing booing' of players during the ninety minutes of match-time because it's detrimental to the performance of the team ie. we're creating a matchday environment which is akin to an away fixture, the home ground advantage is hereby sacrificed. But if any player produces a sub-par performance - especially a performance which isn't befitting of the captain's armband - then i believe they're fair game so to speak, or deserving of a good kick up the arse, whether it be at the half-time break and/or after the final whistle.

I am against the abusive booing of a player, or any person who harbours no malicious intent, be it within or outside matchday. When you say sub-par performance, what are you comparing it against? If you think Parker is a very average player, an opinion you are perferctly entitled to though I disagree, how could he have put up sub par performance when he is playing averagely?

I simply compare his/Parker's performances against that of Gary Speed. Speed, similar to Parker, was the team's deepsitting 'ballwinner' and the player who essentially was the catalyst behind what was formerly one of the best counterattacking units going around.

For the sake of it i'll also mention that he was imo the outfield's leader, or the team's unofficial 'captain so. Shearer may have been the club's talisman, or for many supporters & high ranking club officials an object of worship/or a figure to fawn over, but it was Speed who was imo the mifield's organiser and a listening ear for the younger squad members - especially Bellamy at the time.

Speed set a high standard in both departments ie. leadership and his positional role within the team's outfield unit. Parker, as the team captain and having adopted a role which is similar to that of Speed's positional role, is a definite downgrade to what was formerly a team strength.

Parker's performances fall well short of the aforementioned standard set by Speed, and it's fair to brand his performances as being 'sub-par'.

Short memories.............Speed was absolute garbage in his first couple of seasons for us and only started to look decent about 3 seasons into his Newcastle career, whereas Parker was outstanding in his first season and has been hit and miss this season.

Poor example.

"However, for Parker to do this is unacceptable and inexcusable, even if he were to cite frustration as his justification.

"Many, many fans were left devastated about the incident."

f*** off and die.

:D

"However, for Parker to do this is unacceptable and inexcusable, even if he were to cite frustration as his justification.

"Many, many fans were left devastated about the incident."

f*** off and die.

:D Cheers.

I simply compare his/Parker's performances against that of Gary Speed. Speed, similar to Parker, was the team's deepsitting 'ballwinner' and the player who essentially was the catalyst behind what was formerly one of the best counterattacking units going around.

For the sake of it i'll also mention that he was imo the outfield's leader, or the team's unofficial 'captain so. Shearer may have been the club's talisman, or for many supporters & high ranking club officials an object of worship/or a figure to fawn over, but it was Speed who was imo the mifield's organiser and a listening ear for the younger squad members - especially Bellamy at the time.

Speed set a high standard in both departments ie. leadership and his positional role within the team's outfield unit. Parker, as the team captain and having adopted a role which is similar to that of Speed's positional role, is a definite downgrade to what was formerly a team strength.

Parker's performances fall well short of the aforementioned standard set by Speed, and it's fair to brand his performances as being 'sub-par'.

I suppose you rate Gary Speed highly and doesn't rate Scott Parker. But if Parker is subfar as a results of your comparison to Speed, then the same could be said to Martins, Owen, Duff, Butt, Dyer,  Milner, Babayaro, Taylor etc every other NUFC players bar Shay Given.

Why are you so particularly harsh on Parker? Because he is the captain? Or because he is really that bad a footballer?

Different managers have come out to sing praises on Parker's leadership qualities. And Parker's tigerism has inspired and led the teams in many games.

I really can't see why you have to single out Parker.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Been s**** for a while now, seems he got the captain's arm band because he runs around a lot.

Parker just doesn't run around , he falls over a lot as well.

Been s**** for a while now, seems he got the captain's arm band because he runs around a lot.

Exactly. Some would never have made him captain, but there are those who think he's our best player because he runs around a lot. In circles, like.

Been saying that for ages. Scott Parker = Jermaine Jenas