Booing parker

Guest wondermike

Didn't think anyone was exempt from criticism tonight.

Milner.

****ing hell. Millner is our worst player!! He is so ****ing useless I want to rip his head off so he'll be the headless chicken he runs around like!

yeah he was shite against palermo too wasnt he .

Nowt more embarrassing or cringeworthy than seeing hairy arsed gadgies going "booooooo" at the match.

Couldn't agree more, I've never booed one of our players or the team (OK, I had a go at Bowyer once, but that was exceptional circumstances). Call them all sorts of shit in the pub later by all means, but booing is for pantomimes. Left in stoppage time yesterday for maybe the second time ever, only this time it wasn't as I had to be somewhere quickly, it was to avoid the predictable boos. Shepherd out however is fine by me.

Total shit. Booing is the right of every person who has paid there money to watch.

Why should the shitehawks on the pitch walk off scott free? Boo the bastards until they actually become ashamed of their performances - although most wouldn't give a shit in any case, payday is their master.

It's your right yes, did I say otherwise? It's my right to say it's both counter-productive and childish.

ii ya clmaped up there, it's ok just don't speak and make your self look more stupid 'you muppet'

HAW PROPA CLAMPED AND THAT LIEK

Sweetly clamped wor kidson ye rarfy cushdy charvah

For what it's worth I think people need to look at the toon's record with Parker in the side and out of the side since he's been at the club.  At times he looks fantastic, I'm not knocking him but look at the stats in the last 2 seasons, we've won double the amount of game %wise with him out the team as with him in it.

I was sitting in the east stand close to the incident.Parker didnt go for a 50/50 challenge,which is obviously totally out of character,and the fans moaned and shouted at him toget stuck in-they did not boo him at that point.He then turned round to us,while the game was still going on ,and told us to f*** off.next time he got the ball he was booed cos fans were pissed off at his reaction.he then responded by sarcastically applauding

Personally i think his reactions were totally out of order for any player.He needs to apologise and shouls for a while be stripped of the captaincy

I was sitting in the east stand close to the incident.Parker didnt go for a 50/50 challenge,which is obviously totally out of character,and the fans moaned and shouted at him toget stuck in-they did not boo him at that point.He then turned round to us,while the game was still going on ,and told us to f*** off.next time he got the ball he was booed cos fans were pissed off at his reaction.he then responded by sarcastically applauding

Personally i think his reactions were totally out of order for any player.He needs to apologise and shouls for a while be stripped of the captaincy

I noticed how it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. Do people think supporters just randomly started booing ffs?

Bottled a challenge, and just like any other player, if you do that the supporters get on your back, he turns around tells them to fuck off, waves his arms around, sarcastically aplauds. Not an apology in sight ffs, disgusting actions from a so called captain.

I noticed how it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. Do people think supporters just randomly started booing ffs?

Bottled a challenge, and just like any other player, if you do that the supporters get on your back, he turns around tells them to **** off, waves his arms around, sarcastically aplauds. Not an apology in sight ffs, disgusting actions from a so called captain.

It's sad that our captain should have to resort to this against his own fans. I was there as a kid many years ago when Billy Whitehurst flicked the "V's" after being subbed and that was (thankfully) the last we saw of him. No chance this happening for Parker though.

Exit route?

United to turn to Toon ace?

Reports claim that Manchester United will turn their attention to Newcastle United skipper Scott Parker if they fail to land Bayern Munich star Owen Hargreaves.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to land a defensive midfielder, and with Bayern keen to retain England ace Hargreaves, other alternatives are being examined. 

Parker is believed to feature highly on Ferguson's list, and he is performing well in a struggling Magpies side.

Although Parker is keen to make a success of his time at St. James's Park, the temptation of playing for a genuine title challenger could prove strong, and a move to Old Trafford could aid the player's cause at international level.

Newcastle are unlikely to be prepared to part with one of their best players, but a cash-plus-player deal involving the likes of Wes Brown, John O'Shea or even current Magpies loan star Giuseppe Rossi could tempt them into doing business in January.

Off-Topic: Stevie, that animated sig of yours is well annoying bluesigh.gif

Can't you make it smaller?

Why does it effect your life so much it annoys you?

Back on the subject of Parker, I wouldn't cry if we got £12m for him, that's not being disloyal, it's just what I feel.

Its all very strange and so unlike a Parker performance yesterday, he may very well be trying to get a move away.

But for our Captain to act like that towards the fans is an utter disgrace, will he get a much abuse as Dyer? because thats one thing Dyer has never doen no matter how much abuse he has had off the fans, he takes it and at time admits he deserved it.

Parker desreved a shouting at for the way he played a dnow needs to be stipped if the armband, it handed to Given and Parker needs to make a statement about the incodent and explain himself!!

Guest Imperio

I don't agree with what he did at all but I can understand how he must have felt. Nothing was going our way and he gets grief for not going in for a 50/50?

Get behind the team instead of fucking booing them. Pick them up when they're down, not put them further into the ground by booing at half time.

Although Parker was wrong to do this, if he did at all, he hasn't done it to all the fans, just the East stand ones. Some other fans won't be bothered by this. Did anyone see Duff pull out of a challenge in the first half?

Parker was absolutely fucking awful yesterday. Wasn't like he was the only one, mind.

However, I don't care how pissed off he is, he's supposed to be a professional, and part of that tag is the responsibility that you don't turn around and react by telling the people paying your wages to fuck off.

No commitment from the non-Geordie players yesterday (and Milner). I think Given should have had the captaincy, although his position for barking orders isn't great.

A Geordie captain would be better at fulfilling the role rather than a non-Geordie.

No commitment from the non-Geordie players yesterday (and Milner). I think Given should have had the captaincy, although his position for barking orders isn't great.

A Geordie captain would be better at fulfilling the role rather than a non-Geordie.

As if it fucking matters where they are from. :lol:

Any little pride should suffice.

Guest Roman A.

Parker was one of our most promising player, shame that we wasted him.  You lot should be more appreciative of parker-- great tackler, good passer of the ball, lots of energy. Its  morale and tactics that is killing you guys.

Hope you get rid of roeder before to late, coz there is a striking similiarlity between your situtation and the west ham team a few years back.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

the cheeky fuck gets paid handsomely to play for us. he can't just chuck his toys out of the pram and mouth off at home fans if they get on his back.

you're a professional footballer son. you take the adulation when its going well and you take the shit when you're in the shit. especially when you are the team captain.

its petulant attitudes like his display yesterday that will help grease the slide to relegation.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't get this mentality that making the players feel like shit is going to improve performances  blueconfused.gif

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

what would you propose then ?

are we supposed to cheer home a 1-0 defeat at the hands of the worst team in the league.

if they think we're happy with the dross that they are serving up then they will continue to serve it up. the fact that people are vocal in their critiscism will hopefully lead to the players bucking their ideas up and getting stuck in.

and if they don't and stick their heads in the sand or whinge and wine about being hard done to then they can fuck off to another club where the fans clap like seals regardless of what you do on the pitch.

Guest Invicta_Toon

simplistic attitude tbh.

do you really think it serves the team if the thing uppermost in Parker's mind is what the crowd are doing? To the point where he acts on it while the ball is in play?

Guest bluegeordie

He has no brain as usual ...

Without being certain of my ground here (I've never met the man, after all), this is also my main reservation about Parker as captain. I realise that the art of captaincy is not exactly rocket science - and thus being "book smart" is hardly a prerequisite - but in my view a reasonable level of "applied intelligence" doesn't go astray. Specifically, it can help a captain in the following ways:

i.) to "read" a match with accuracy and insight, in the lead-up, throughout the contest, and during the post mortem (Parker's regular time-consuming and momentum-sapping "circle-turns", and his persistent back passes yesterday (which fuelled the hoof-and-hope "strategy"), hardly inspire confidence in this area);

ii.) to effectively relate to, and communicate with, his team mates, both on and off the pitch, regarding both strategy and attitudinal / motivational matters (whilst Parker's obviously not chiefly responsible here, the breathtakingly stupid and lacklustre way in which the team has performed under his captaincy is a concern, all the more so because we played our most intelligent and committed football of the season in his absence, against Palermo on Thursday);

iii.) to demonstrate sound and instinctive judgment on a wide range of issues (for example, by not inflaming a situation by telling understandably exasperated supporters to "f**k off", or subsequently insulting those same supporters with sarcastic clapping); and 

iv.) to deal well with the media (on this score, am I the only one who cringes when Parker is on "media duty"? I'm afraid I find his comments cliched, banal, and worryingly bereft of insight, and he generally seems extremely uncomfortable in the role, to the point where he compulsively touches and scratches his face, as though he's being attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes). 

No, for my money, when he's in good form Parker can certainly lead by example through his brawn / committed actions (remember his "cotton-wool-eating" performance against Arsenal last season?), but that is only one piece of the captain puzzle, and I fear he is short in the brains department, with the incident that forms the topic of this thread being but one example of this shortcoming.                    

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

simplistic attitude tbh.

do you really think it serves the team if the thing uppermost in Parker's mind is what the crowd are doing? To the point where he acts on it while the ball is in play?

he should rise above it and let his football do the talking. especially as he now wears the captains armband.

if you play shite and the team are massively underperforming then you should be capable of taking the much deserved critiscism from the fans. just like you take the plaudits when things go well.

we have spent millions to assemble the squad and fork out millions in wages to people who are failing to deliver on the pitch. if they think they can get away with this sort of shite week in week out then they need to leave.

Guest Knightrider

Parker runs in circles because he's been taught to keep the ball and look for angles or runners, only we don't have much of that about the team hence he dilly dallies or reverts backwards and sideways.

Ironically some of the people wanting Parker out of the team on that basis want Dyer in to replace him, a player who also dilly dallies...