Booing parker

Guest wondermike

Parker doesn't deserve this shithouse of a club

Nearly right.

Maybe he should go somewhere that his fucking stupid tackling, and utterly useless twisting and turning on the ball, allied with his lack of leadership ability and ineffectiveness in controling the midfield, will be better received.

why were people booing parker? people were saying he told fans to f**k off anyone know?

Because people have jumped off the 'he's a world-class defensive midfielder' bandwagon are finally starting to recognise there's more to the position than just 'running around alot & trying to smash everything that moves', they're seeing the true colours.... a very average footballer.

Because people have jumped off the 'he's a world-class defensive midfielder' bandwagon are finally starting to recognise there's more to the position than just 'running around alot & trying to smash everything that moves', they're seeing the true colours.... a very average footballer.

And this warrants Parker those abusive boohs? If we should boo a very average football player why don't we boo Edgar, Huntington, Gooch, Harper, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr, Milner, Butt, Duff and Sibierski?

And this warrants Parker those abusive boohs? If we should boo a very average football player why don't we boo Edgar, Huntington, Gooch, Harper, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr, Milner, Butt, Duff and Sibierski?

And Dyer and Emre.

Its partly that spinning on the ball thing, i'm guessing. There's no need for it, it does no good, and if anything it wastes time we have that we could be pressing the attack.

I don't personally believe in booing players DURING the game, but fans should be able to let their feelings be known at half time/after the game.

And Dyer and Emre.

Its partly that spinning on the ball thing, i'm guessing. There's no need for it, it does no good, and if anything it wastes time we have that we could be pressing the attack.

I don't personally believe in booing players DURING the game, but fans should be able to let their feelings be known at half time/after the game.

So the fans are entitled to abuse Parker, simply because he is not a good enough footballer? If you want to abuse a player, what's the difference between abusing him during the game and only during half time or aftermath?

And Dyer and Emre.

So the fans are entitled to abuse Parker, simply because he is not a good enough footballer? If you want to abuse a player, what's the difference between abusing him during the game and only during half time or aftermath?

They are entitled to do whatever they want, frankly. Thats their choice.

SO you think no-one should vent their feelings at half time, or after the game? Should we all cheer loudly and shout "ole!" every time PArker twists uneccessarily into the path of another opponent, or Shambles loses yet another man he's "marking", thus legitimising their shitness?

I reserve the right to let my voice be heard after the match. Thats our chance.

So fans are free to physically and verbally abuse any players?

SO you think no-one should vent their feelings at half time, or after the game? Should we all cheer loudly and shout "ole!" every time PArker twists uneccessarily into the path of another opponent, or Shambles loses yet another man he's "marking", thus legitimising their shitness?

No I don't think so.

Well if you can't express your opinions without resorting to needless abuse, that says a lot about you.

So fans are free to physically and verbally abuse any players?

No I don't think so.

Well if you can't express your opinions without resorting to needless abuse, that says a lot about you.

Physical abuse? Fucking grow up.

What should we do, then? How do we get across fans displeasure at, say an utterly, utterly inept and shit performance? How do we let the players/management/board know that we are not happy to accept shite? What's your answer?

And I don't think that booing is "needless abuse", its a way of getting across displeasure, but not during the actual game.

I'm against 'abusing booing' of players during the ninety minutes of match-time because it's detrimental to the performance of the team ie. we're creating a matchday environment which is akin to an away fixture, the home ground advantage is hereby sacrificed. But if any player produces a sub-par performance - especially a performance which isn't befitting of the captain's armband - then i believe they're fair game so to speak, or deserving of a good kick up the arse, whether it be at the half-time break and/or after the final whistle.

Physical abuse? f****** grow up.

You are the one who should grow up. You wrote the bold bit yourself.

What should we do, then? How do we get across fans displeasure at, say an utterly, utterly inept and s*** performance? How do we let the players/management/board know that we are not happy to accept s****? What's your answer?

Boo the manager. Boo the chairman. They are the people in charge, especially the latter who has misled fans and treat fans with contempt for years.

And I don't think that booing is "needless abuse", its a way of getting across displeasure, but not during the actual game.

What has Parker done to warrant your abuse? Simply being an average footballer? It is needless to boo a player simply because he is very average. It is needless to boo an average player  who has given his best in abusive manner. It is hence a needless abuse to boo an average player abusively.

I'm against 'abusing booing' of players during the ninety minutes of match-time because it's detrimental to the performance of the team ie. we're creating a matchday environment which is akin to an away fixture, the home ground advantage is hereby sacrificed. But if any player produces a sub-par performance - especially a performance which isn't befitting of the captain's armband - then i believe they're fair game so to speak, or deserving of a good kick up the arse, whether it be at the half-time break and/or after the final whistle.

I am against the abusive booing of a player, or any person who harbours no malicious intent, be it within or outside matchday. When you say sub-par performance, what are you comparing it against? If you think Parker is a very average player, an opinion you are perferctly entitled to though I disagree, how could he have put up sub par performance when he is playing averagely?

Physical abuse? f****** grow up.

You are the one who should grow up. You wrote the bold bit yourself.

What should we do, then? How do we get across fans displeasure at, say an utterly, utterly inept and s*** performance? How do we let the players/management/board know that we are not happy to accept s****? What's your answer?

Boo the manager. Boo the chairman. They are the people in charge, especially the latter who has misled fans and treat fans with contempt for years.

What has Parker done to warrant your abuse? Simply being an average footballer? It is needless to boo a player simply because he is very average. It is needless to boo an average player  who has given his best in abusive manner. It is hence a needless abuse to boo an average player abusively.

So, you think no displeasure shoudl ever be shown towards the players if they perform absolutely terribly, and let their team mates/fans/etc down?

You must adore Ameobi, Shambles and Babayaro then. And they'll like you too, their ideal fan. :lol:

So, you think no displeasure shoudl ever be shown towards the players if they perform absolutely terribly, and let their team mates/fans/etc down?

Showing your displeasure does not mean abusing a person, of course unless you are incapable of doing such.

You must adore Ameobi, Shambles and Babayaro then. And they'll like you too, their ideal fan. :lol:

Putting words in my mouth eih? Very typical of you.

Showing your displeasure does not mean abusing a person, of course unless you are incapable of doing such.

Putting words in my mouth eih? Very typical of you.

So i'll ask again - a player is absolutely shocking, awful. Again. How do you suggest that fans get across their displeasure at this?

Guest Albert Ayler

TBH, supporters are gradually being franchised out by spectators.

New breed, mainly families that want to be entertained and will boo if they are not.

They will not lend a hand to the atmoshphere as they don't understand why they should.

So i'll ask again - a player is absolutely shocking, awful. Again. How do you suggest that fans get across their displeasure at this?

Express your opinions in a unabusive ways.

Express your opinions in a unabusive ways.

"EXCUSE ME, YES YOU MR PARKER SIR, YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS SIMPLY BELOW PAR OLD CHAP! PLEASE DO BETTER NEXT TIME"

I am against the abusive booing of a player, or any person who harbours no malicious intent, be it within or outside matchday. When you say sub-par performance, what are you comparing it against? If you think Parker is a very average player, an opinion you are perferctly entitled to though I disagree, how could he have put up sub par performance when he is playing averagely?

I simply compare his/Parker's performances against that of Gary Speed. Speed, similar to Parker, was the team's deepsitting 'ballwinner' and the player who essentially was the catalyst behind what was formerly one of the best counterattacking units going around.

For the sake of it i'll also mention that he was imo the outfield's leader, or the team's unofficial 'captain so. Shearer may have been the club's talisman, or for many supporters & high ranking club officials an object of worship/or a figure to fawn over, but it was Speed who was imo the mifield's organiser and a listening ear for the younger squad members - especially Bellamy at the time.

Speed set a high standard in both departments ie. leadership and his positional role within the team's outfield unit. Parker, as the team captain and having adopted a role which is similar to that of Speed's positional role, is a definite downgrade to what was formerly a team strength.

Parker's performances fall well short of the aforementioned standard set by Speed, and it's fair to brand his performances as being 'sub-par'.

Parker is not playing well in a sub-par team.  Fix the defence, and watch him improve.  Fix the defence, watch everyone else improve. 

That isn't an attempt to justify shit performances (and there have been some) but you can point to numerous games at Charlton or when he got a chance at Chelsea (against us in the league cup for example) when he has been very good.  And for Newcastle too - take a look at his performance against Arsenal last season.  There is something there and we have the film to prove it.

He's done more in his career to merit the benefit of the doubt than Bramble or Roeder.