Has apathy set in for you, yet?

Big Geordie

It must have for me because despite our perilous position, I dont yet feel the need to try and follow a whole load of daft superstitions like I did last year (only wearing lucky shirts on a match day etc etc)

I think I just feel prepared to accept whatever comes our way this season :(

Guest thenorthumbrian

Apathy is worse than anger, once fans start to drift away from the club. which is happening already, it will be more difficult to bring them back.

That will be Ashleys legacy.

Guest Ebolarama

I still watch the games, I still wear the shirt, but the only difference now is I don't care when we lose. I think that's pretty much the definition of apathy.

Like a previous poster said, there are a whole load of more important things to worry about.

Its just a gernal acceptance that the club fucking stinks and has done for a good few years now every fucking game until the end of the season will be a struggle and painful to watch.

I find myself slumped in my seat at the match these days.

think this is a really, really good point

the club was mismanaged for years under FS and the old board (and continues to be), thing is we could ignore that 'cause they kept us in the top flight and we had good times to go with the not so good, good players to go with the not so good; fact is it can't be ignored now that it's all bad times with no hope of good

similar to bankers & mortgage brokers in the economy, everyone knew to some degree they were probably up to something and were getting paid preposterous bonuses for what they were doing, but 'cause the house prices kept going up and everyone was flush no-one gave a fuck

now they do

we're the football club equivalent of the world recession, we had it all but due to our own internal fuck ups it's all gone away...like a recession it has to get worse before it gets better

gimp puts it best; "the club fucking stinks and has done for a good few years now" - this is how i feel about it and have done for a while from owner, chairman down to manager and players

Guest Phil K

Since way back.

And been ranted at by some saying much the same as I said then, NOW.

I just pray that we can survive and start from scratch next year - minus Joe, and with a young up and coming coach/manager next season.

The point about Shepherds mismanagement is correct. Damage was done there.

I'll never forget Martin O'Neill saying when taking over at Villa, that he had been waiting for a certain "northern club" to come in for him, and had been told to expect it, and they went for another manager instead - (Allardyce)

Now just think what might have been with O'Neill instead of Allardyce.

Makes you feel physically sick doesn't it ?

All due to that idiot Shepherd.