U23s & Academy

Skirge

I'm sure you're a nice guy but this post is lacking somewhat. Butt not trying?? his biggest problem is that he tried TOO hard at times and makes mistakes when trying to force a pass or tackle!

:dowie:

Yep partly true...Butt tries but he tries at the wrong time! For a defensive midfielder whose job is to break up opponents plays and win the ball back to us and then with a simple pass start an attack he's doing pretty much everything wrong! He shouldn't be closing down so high up on the pitch but keep his position between the defence and midfield and support either when needed. At the moment we constantly see him running towards opponent's player holding up the ball and "surpringly" they go through him so easily with a couple of passes which leaves Butt jogging back looking disinterested as he clearly can see it himself that it's just too late...against fast counters attacks this just get highlighted so badly

It amazes me everyone who has seen Vukcic play knows he can play football, with Guthrie out he has to be the player who steps upto the bench. We have enough 100 per centres in or around the team, we need a player who can pick a pass as it wins that are going to keep us not fucking draws!!!!!

Guest toonlass

It amazes me everyone who has seen Vukcic play knows he can play football, with Guthrie out he has to be the player who steps upto the bench. We have enough 100 per centres in or around the team, we need a player who can pick a pass as it wins that are going to keep us not fucking draws!!!!!

According to Richard Money Guthrie should be ok for saturday

It amazes me everyone who has seen Vukcic play knows he can play football, with Guthrie out he has to be the player who steps upto the bench. We have enough 100 per centres in or around the team, we need a player who can pick a pass as it wins that are going to keep us not f***ing draws!!!!!

According to Richard Money Guthrie should be ok for saturday

I cant see Butt getting dropped & Big Kev will get picked because he is errrrrrrrrrrr big. We need to play football to get out of this shit & starting with Guthrie would be a step in the right direction.

The success of the likes of Vukic and Ranger is bitter sweet now as it doesn't look like the recruitment of these youngsters is going to continue on the same scale with the system being scrapped.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I was sure it was Ranger that set up Carroll for his second yet the Vhronicle thought it was Danquar

Lee Ryder gets most things wrong when he writes up the match reports on the reserve games!!

The success of the likes of Vukic and Ranger is bitter sweet now as it doesn't look like the recruitment of these youngsters is going to continue on the same scale with the system being scrapped.

The recruitement process won't change just cos Wise has gone,  the infrastructure and scouting network has now being set up.  The recruitement will not be an issue compared to relegation,  if we go down we won't have the PL reserve league to play in and will have to try and develop our young players against the likes of Barnsley, Hartlepool reserve side,  whereas our kids play against similar aged players currently, god knows what kind of reserve players are in the championship and league 1 & 2 teams!

The recruitement process won't change just cos Wise has gone,  the infrastructure and scouting network has now being set up.  The recruitement will not be an issue compared to relegation,  if we go down we won't have the PL reserve league to play in and will have to try and develop our young players against the likes of Barnsley, Hartlepool reserve side,  whereas our kids play against similar aged players currently, god knows what kind of reserve players are in the championship and league 1 & 2 teams!

If we go down, our reserve squad will be our first team squad no doubt. 

:lol: Shows the mentality of this forum where one striker scores two but the cult hero sets one up and it's he who should get the start.

Thats what I was thinking :lol:

You have seen Carroll 'play' for the first team then?

He's played like 4 times this season.

Set up a pen v Wigan & should have been given a 2nd. Scored 2 goals in other games.

Not really a bad record is it for his first proper break into the first team. Hopefully Al can work with him & get his potential out. Dunno why people are down on him. He's 20x more capable than Shola.

Guest Stephen927

Guthrie is good at ticking play along, a bit like Parker but without the ballet. Shame Barton is injured because Barton and Guthrie should be a promising partnership through the middle.

Guthrie is good at ticking play along, a bit like Parker but without the ballet. Shame Barton is injured because Barton and Guthrie should be a promising partnership through the middle.

Really looking forward to seeing that, I hope it happens.

The Mackems 2009 intake to there Youth Team for next season:

Dale Connor, goalkeeper, Sunderland

James Armstrong, midfield, Billingham (THIS LADS DAD IS THE CUNT THAT IS GORDON "BORN IN NEWCASTLE" ARMSTRONG")

Brett Elliot, midfield, Jarrow

Louis Laing, defender, Newcastle (England U17 international)

Michael Lamb, defender, Sunderland

Liam Marrs, defender, Cramlington

John Egan, defender, Cork (Ireland U17 international)

Patrick McEleney, sriker, Derry (Ireland U17 international)

Guest Heneage

James Armstrong, midfield, Billingham (THIS LADS DAD IS THE c*** THAT IS GORDON "BORN IN NEWCASTLE" ARMSTRONG")

Where do you find that? Any word on our intake?

James Armstrong, midfield, Billingham (THIS LADS DAD IS THE c*** THAT IS GORDON "BORN IN NEWCASTLE" ARMSTRONG")

SAFC.COM just so you know I added the bits in ()  :pow:

Nowt as of yet & I don't we announced anything last year either but I would imagine the 3 school kids who been on the bench are going to get offers.

I found reading  http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=357653 a bit interesting.

We struggle to get information out of our club regarding our first team so it might need some digging to find out NUFC's intake!!  I think the mackems have taken a few lads from cramlington juniors into there academy, all kind of ages.

I presume the ones on that list are the going on the first year of the scholarships, similar to the old YTS.

I presume the ones on that list are the going on the first year of the scholarships, similar to the old YTS.

That is correct Binnsy. The Sunderland reserve captain is a Crammy lad (Colback) I know there is poster on here who knows him but cant remember who. Another England U17 international at SAFC Liam Noble is from Crammy as well.

Nixon,

Just because I know you like this sort stuff I have saved you the hassle http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/friends/?id=522943387

Guest toonlass

James Armstrong, midfield, Billingham (THIS LADS DAD IS THE CUNT THAT IS GORDON "BORN IN NEWCASTLE" ARMSTRONG")

Liam Marrs, defender, Cramlington (egotistical twat who won't make it, put money on it).

Guest Heneage

Liam Marrs, defender, Cramlington (egotistical t*** who won't make it, put money on it).

Know him do you? :lol:

That is correct Binnsy. The Sunderland reserve captain is a Crammy lad (Colback) I know there is poster on here who knows him but cant remember who. Another England U17 international at SAFC Liam Noble is from Crammy as well.

Nixon,

Just because I know you like this sort stuff I have saved you the hassle http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/friends/?id=522943387

yes  5 of my nephews cramlington juniors team were signed up by the time they were 12, one went to NUFC, 2 to the mackems and 2 to hartlepool.  Although one that went to sunderland has come back this year and one of the lads who went to hartlepool have come back.

Funniest one though is a lad who by the time he was 11 or 12 had been signed for the mackems only to be chucked out for fighting,  NUFC signed him when he was released and he was then kicked out by us for his bad attitude,  he's also been kicked out by Crammy!!  Must be some kind of record.....could be a future superstar but is a complete idiot!!

Guest toonlass

Liam Marrs, defender, Cramlington (egotistical t*** who won't make it, put money on it).

Know him do you? :lol:

My daughter plays for Crammy Juniors, so yes I do, and he thinks he's the dogs wotsits.

:lol: Shows the mentality of this forum where one striker scores two but the cult hero sets one up and it's he who should get the start.

Thats what I was thinking :lol:

You have seen Carroll 'play' for the first team then?

He's played like 4 times this season.

Set up a pen v Wigan & should have been given a 2nd. Scored 2 goals in other games.

Not really a bad record is it for his first proper break into the first team. Hopefully Al can work with him & get his potential out. Dunno why people are down on him. He's 20x more capable than Shola.

I am a bit of a genius tbh  :walk:

Here is what Gary Megson said about X-Newcastle youth player Chris Basham who scored against Chelsea yesterday:

"But young Chris Basham went on and played to the best of his ability and it gave us a lot more enthusiasm, energy and belief and it got another ten percent out of everybody. I thought that he was the catalyst for a complete turn around in the way we were going about it.

Found this while doing my scanning around:

CHRIS BASHAM  who played for Chester-le-Street Youths during season 2005/06 and 2004-06 joined Bolton Wanderers. Basham joined Chester-le-Street after a long spell with Newcastle United Academy. Known for singing his way through games for Chester-le-Street Town youths Basham joined Bolton in May 2006. Regional Bolton scout Kevin Rides, impressed with Basham's performances, put him forward to Wanderers Recruitment Officer Geoff McDougle and after an impressive series of trial games, Bolton Academy Director Chris Sulley gave Basham the opportunity to move to Lancashire and join the Premiership outfit.

While reading about Chris, I found a good news story about another x-C-L-S Y player who was let go by NUFC at 16 & has ended up Reggina. Kris Thackray story:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/2369086.kris_italian_adventure_continues/

Someone else may have posted this in the past but I cant remember reading about it.

NEWCASTLE United Reserves continue their defence of the Northumberland Senior Cup on Tuesday night with Newcastle Benfield making the short trip to Whitley Park (kick-off 7pm).

The Geordies have cruised to the last four of the competition and disposed of Team Northumbria in emphatic fashion in the last round with a resounding 5-0 success.

On target that night was impressive Slovenian youngster Haris Vuckic and he is again set to figure in the squad which faces the Northern League side.

Coach Richard Money will choose from the following squad;

Fraser Forster, Max Johnson, Sammy Adjei, Ryan Donaldson, Mark Doninger, Shane Ferguson, Matthew Grieve, Jonny Godsmark, Brad Inman, Darren Lough, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Nile Ranger, James Tavernier, James Taylor, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Haris Vuckic

From NUFC.CO.UK