U23s & Academy

Skirge

Bad attitude, prone to violence, etc

Not full blown mental health issues, but you know... boarderline nutcase. Probably become best mates with Andy Carroll...

How old is he? He could grow out of it. I was a right little cunt for a year or two in my late teens.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Away to the winner of West Ham v QPR in the next round btw.

West Ham will be a tough game.

Hopefully Phil Airey can keep up his good form now he's back from injury, he's probably been this year's Youth Player of the Year so far. Bradden Inman, Stephen Folan and Jeff Henderson should probably get a shout out too.

Hopefully Phil Airey can keep up his good form now he's back from injury, he's probably been this year's Youth Player of the Year so far. Bradden Inman, Stephen Folan and Jeff Henderson should probably get a shout out too.

Any idea how long before Vukcic and Sammy Ameobi are back from injury Chris?  at the minute we are sweating on the fitness of Inman and Airey, if they get injured we will be screwed.  With Vukcic, Ameobi, Inman, Airey, Tavernier, Folan and Henderson we have a good core of a team, oh and young Alnwick in goal as well.  In saying that Dummett and Newton are decent as well.  I fancy us to get past West Ham orQPR, would've preferred it at SJP tho.

Guest GeordieNick

Was at the Reading game.

Airey and Inman looked a class apart. Greg McDermott showed some really nice touches and play as well.

Almost as excited about Airey as I was about Ranger at the QPR game last season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any idea how long before Vukcic and Sammy Ameobi are back from injury Chris?  at the minute we are sweating on the fitness of Inman and Airey, if they get injured we will be screwed.   With Vukcic, Ameobi, Inman, Airey, Tavernier, Folan and Henderson we have a good core of a team, oh and young Alnwick in goal as well.   In saying that Dummett and Newton are decent as well.  I fancy us to get past West Ham orQPR, would've preferred it at SJP tho.

Saw Vuckic just before Christmas, he was walking fine, so I think his ankle is on track - probably back End of Feb. Don't think he'll be used in the youth squad though. No idea why Alnwick hasn't been getting a game ahead of Ben Robinson. The defense don't seem very confident at all with Robinson in goal, and he's had some amazing gaffs over the last 3/4 games at youth and reserve level.

Totally forgot about Dummy and Newton, who have also had good seasons so far, which is great of Newton as he had a hell of an injury last year. He's composed on the ball, isn't afraid to drive forward with it and can pick out a decent pass. Hopefully he's better then the last Ginger Wizard to come through our academy in Matty Pattison.

Greg McDermott is solid if unspectacular (unless he's blasting a random goal from long range), but he never stops running, which I never appreciated until he was injured for a few games and Andy Mogwo had to cover. Might goes as far to say that Greg McDermott is the fittest lad in the youth team, at least within a match.

Phil Airey has came out of nowhere (and I've updated his position on FM now) and looks like a real threat up front. He's got a bit of pace and height to him, and he's got that gritter North-East attitude where he'll go in for everything. I'd probably rate him ahead of Sammy Ameobi at this point, and Aaron Spear.

Was at the Reading game.

Airey and Inman looked a class apart. Greg McDermott showed some really nice touches and play as well.

Almost as excited about Airey as I was about Ranger at the QPR game last season.

Inman has impressed me every time i see him,  think he should be closer to the first team as well,  he's a much better midfielder than Donaldson.

Donaldson has disappeared into the wilderness since his change to midfield, feel sorry for him.

Eh? He was on the bench for the cup replay.

Came on for the last couple of minutes indeed.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hardly disappeared into the wilderness then.

Compare that to the glowing reports of him as a striker, then yes, he's disappeared into the wilderness of warming the bench for numbers. He's seen Nile Ranger get a place a head of him, even though Donaldson was a very good finisher at the same level as Ranger.

Nowt on .Com or .co.uk as yet. Boro's site lets us know Gray scored there 2 goals

that was nice of them!! lol,  not suprised .com haven't updated as biffa would've been at WBA but .cock is hopeless, they'll probably put the match report up on Tuesday.