U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, I was touching on that with 'demanding too much' part of his training (which can be classed as physical bullying), but this was over 5 years ago. If you've read Nzuzi's blog, he raves about the training with Beardsley. Obviously, its in Nzuzi's interest to do so since its a public blog, but in 5 years a lot can change, guess we'll see how it goes.

Though all I saw of Beardsley last season was him collecting balls during the Academy games, offered little advice, though that could be because he wasn't the manager.

You say its Jobs for the Boys, but who else on the payroll would have taken the job? It was always going to be internal. Who are Beardsley and Stone apparently mates with, who could sway the decision for them?

Steve Stone had done an amazing job in 12 months by all accounts (taken the U15s to the Nike Cup), so I'm glad for him he's being allowed to move up. Could be the case that Beardsley has picked him out of Friendship, which would fall into your Jobs for the Boys tag, but still doesn't explain Beardsley's initial appointment.

Dave hit it on the head when he said 'cheap'.

Guest geoffasenna

any idea what numbers the faroe and jak alniwck had on  there shirts at weekend?? and taveriner?? just doing a update on my footy game. cheers

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sorry Geoff, no idea.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what the team will be on Friday?

any idea what numbers the faroe and jak alniwck had on  there shirts at weekend?? and taveriner?? just doing a update on my footy game. cheers

Edmondsson wore 39 if that helps.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tavernier seems to be wearing 49 on his training gear, Alnwick had 35 on his training gear.

Sorry Geoff, no idea.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what the team will be on Friday?

My guess would be pretty much along the lines of seasons Youth cup side without Tavernier & Haris although Ranger might play up front with Airey,  maybe something along the lines of

ALNWICK

NZUZI      HENDERSON      FOLAN        DUMMETT

NEWTON  INMAN    McDERMOTT

AIREY        RANGER        EDMONDSON or ADJEI

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, seems in the right area, binnsy. I've decided I'm going tomorrow £9 or not. Youths play on Saturday morning against a Uni team, be interesting to see what the teamsheet looks like. Wonder if Billy Ions will feature more for the U16s, despite only being 15, though there seems to be a huge amount of strikers this year.

Guest geoffasenna

Tavernier seems to be wearing 49 on his training gear, Alnwick had 35 on his training gear.

HAVE YOU NOTICED THE LAD IN THE PHOTO WITH ALNWICK IN IT, I NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE, TRAILIST MAYBE????

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Which photo?

If its the one I think you're on about, judging by the player's number (76?) it'll be a 1st year scholar, he's standing with the keepers so it could be Jamie Smith or Alex Baird (though there's some confusion as to if its local Alex Baird, or Aussie Alex Baird who joined Derby).

Guest geoffasenna

CHEERS CHRIS. THAT BE WHY I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHO HE WAS. YOU EXPECTING BIG THINGS FROM REMMI STREETE AND STEVE LOGAN IN THE 18S ???

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fucking hell, turn your caps lock off.

Might be noisy where he's typing!

CHEERS CHRIS. THAT BE WHY I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHO HE WAS. YOU EXPECTING BIG THINGS FROM REMMI STREETE AND STEVE LOGAN IN THE 18S ???

No idea, see what happens. But they are big lads for their age, which is why they bossed the defence at youth level.

Guest geoffasenna

HA HA HA.yes i was typing from the pit lane at the hungarian GP. hence the CAPS. sorry at work and use caps in the work i do, forgot to take it off, not sure the correct manner is swearing tho :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Squad v Gateshead: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100730/reserves-head-for-the-heed_2240137_2106514

Ranger, Vuckic, Donladson to be included, along with LuaLua and Edmundsson. Seems a pretty strong squad with those guys included, made it a bit moer exciting. Wasn't really looking forward to paying to see Grieves and Dan Taylor play. Young Dennis Knight is in there too, very surprised with that. Think he'll be on the LW if he comes on.

Full Squad (guess):

Alnwick (GK)

Nzuzi-Henderson-Grieve-Dummett

---------------McDermott--------------

-----------Inmann----Newton--------

LuaLua------------------------------Vuckic

-----------------Airey------------------

Bench:

Robinson (GK)

Nicholson

Knight

Donaldson

Edmundsson

Ameobi

Taylor

Ranger

Little thin on Defensive cover at the moment, with a whole host of strikers available. Wouldn't be surprised if Ranger started up front with Airey on the RW, so many options.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Keep up to date, young Kezmens! Our resident ITK Know_All broke the exclusive to us that Greive and Leadbitter had been offered 6 month deals back in April due to injuries! Chances are he will leave though, he's not better than Folan/Henderson.

My old man is off to the game at the heed tonight as a guest of the chairman Graham Wood. He know's him from when he was chairman down at Hampton & Richmond. I might ask him to try and grab El Pedro's autograph for me. Not on a photo like, just a plain piece of paper. I don't want to scare the kids.

HA HA HA.yes i was typing from the pit lane at the hungarian GP. hence the CAPS. sorry at work and use caps in the work i do, forgot to take it off, not sure the correct manner is swearing tho :)

You're in the pit lane at the Hungarian GP and you're posting on here? What's wrong with you?!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Quite dissapointed Ranger and Vuckic are playing, was hoping to see them tomorrow.

45mins could see them get 45mins tomorrow too?