Open NUSC meeting - Thursday 19th March

Dave

Guest Geordiecunny

I Just got back, think it sounds good. Basically, for anyone who didn't listen theyre talking about setting up a trust- which means they can buy property i.e shares were they ever to be on sale. I wasn't sure if they were just anti-ashley but they want to set up a long term group with enough members that when they voice their opinions they can't be ignored.

Some of the contributions from the floor were inspiring. Asked a question myself about whether (as is the case at Lincoln City) two tiered membership is self defeating as it means those with money have more of a voice- as is currently the case. It wasnt being suggested but the guy from lincoln city was talking about how its the case there and wanted to be sure it'd never be the case at Newcastle.

I Just got back, think it sounds good. Basically, for anyone who didn't listen theyre talking about setting up a trust- which means they can buy property i.e shares were they ever to be on sale. I wasn't sure if they were just anti-ashley but they want to set up a long term group with enough members that when they voice their opinions they can't be ignored.

Some of the contributions from the floor were inspiring. Asked a question myself about whether (as is the case at Lincoln City) two tiered membership is self defeating as it means those with money have more of a voice- as is currently the case. It wasnt being suggested but the guy from lincoln city was talking about how its the case there and wanted to be sure it'd never be the case at Newcastle.

yes just got back myself,  the supporters trust is something i've been keen on for a long time and was happy when Colin originally brought up the idea when NUSC had the initial meeting when it was formed back in October and like i've been saying on here ever since NUSC was set up on that night that that was  long term dream/ambition,  not the Ashley out stance that this forum keeps bringing back up.

Thought there was some good points brought up and full credit for the 2 lads who travelled up to be there and thought Michael Martins speech was tremendous. 

Now we just have to set the wheels firmly in motion and get the trust up and running,  all i say to everyone is get joined up.

Guest toonlass

yes just got back myself,  the supporters trust is something i've been keen on for a long time and was happy when Colin originally brought up the idea when NUSC had the initial meeting when it was formed back in October and like i've been saying on here ever since NUSC was set up on that night that that was  long term dream/ambition,  not the Ashley out stance that this forum keeps bringing back up.

Thought there was some good points brought up and full credit for the 2 lads who travelled up to be there and thought Michael Martins speech was tremendous. 

Now we just have to set the wheels firmly in motion and get the trust up and running,  all i say to everyone is get joined up.

There were only two lads there?

:coat:

There were only two lads there?

:coat:

haha not quite,  no a lad from the supporters direct group and a bloke from Lincoln who went from being in the Lincoln supporters trust and ended up as chairman of the football club!!  Both came up with some interesting stuff although they also waffled on a bit....