Open NUSC meeting - Thursday 19th March

Dave

Guest fading star

I wonder how they expect to "get involved in the ownership" of a private company owned by a man they spend their entire time slagging off.

Going back to the first ever meeting when NUSC was formed, the long term goal for it was some sort of fan representation at boardroom level,  it doesn't have to be under the Ashley regime,  it may well be an impossible dream,  it may happen in 5 years time, 10 years time if new owners come in,  i doubt it'll happen under AShley but you never know.

This is true. 

NUSC’s core objective is sound. Effective representation of supporters may not lead to utopia, but it can curb the worst excesses of owner abuse. Give supporters a way of being loyal without being s*** on. If we’d had a 10,000 strong NUSC ten years ago Shepherd would have thought twice about kicking supporters out of their seats, and if he’d still gone ahead we could have put up a real fight. As is was it was left to six blokes to stand up for supporters rights.

Sometimes Chairmen and owners have to make unpopular decisions to grow the club, and fans don't always see the bigger picture. I doubt Shepherd was moving those six supporters because he had something against them, it was probably commercial reasons. This is why I don't trust fans to have too much say on club policies, although sensible input would be a good thing.

4000 supporters were turfed out of their seats.

Guest Brummiemag

Smacks of the money's running out and we need more members to me.  They'll only be happy when we're relegated so that can smugly tell everyone they told us so.

Most members of NUSC will be lifelong supporters who care passionately about the club, not one of them will be happy if and when we are relegated

Smacks of the money's running out and we need more members to me.  They'll only be happy when we're relegated so that can smugly tell everyone they told us so.

Being a member of NUSC I find that pretty insulting. It would fucking kill me to see this club go down and I will take no amount of pleasure at all in coming on here and saying "I told you so". Same goes for the lads who spend their time running the thing.

Load of shit.

[/chomp]

Thought they were having a meeting in Prudhoe, that already happened or what?

Already happened.

Been any fall out from it? Probably the biggest thing thats happened in Prudhoe since the castle was built

Thought they were having a meeting in Prudhoe, that already happened or what?

Already happened.

Been any fall out from it? Probably the biggest thing thats happened in Prudhoe since the castle was built

John Anderson was there and he told all in attendence that a fee was agreed for Given much earlier in the transfer window than was let on and the only reason it took so long to go through was stalling on our part because Ashley and Llambias wanted to trot out the old "didn't have enough time to spend" excuse rather than everyone find out we weren't getting paid until the summer.

Well, I'm sure that spreading daft rumours around the region will be no end of help in getting involved in the ownership of the club and participating in the decision-making process.

Aye, I bet NUSC were in John Anderson's ear telling him to lie for them.

So it was a bit like the "Ashley-Wise ~Outt!" banner on the Monument?

Well, I'm sure that spreading daft rumours around the region will be no end of help in getting involved in the ownership of the club and participating in the decision-making process.

Yep, unless you're seriously suggesting John Anderson is stirring the pot at NUFC for his own gains? :lol:

Bet he's planning to take over the world, evil genius that he is.

Yep, unless you're seriously suggesting John Anderson is stirring the pot at NUFC for his own gains? :lol:

Who is he, anyway?

Who is he, anyway?

Seriously? Go hang your head :lol:

Who is he, anyway?

Oh, him!

I just read it like he was some member of the NUSC committee or something! :lol:

Still think that rumour is bollocks, like.

Who is he, anyway?

Oh, him!

I just read it like he was some member of the NUSC committee or something! :lol:

"Oh, him!" he cries, after a quick look on Wiki :lol:

Jesus wept.

Guest fading star

Who is he, anyway?

Oh, him!

You would. If Ashley urinated on your face you’d probably thank him.