Italians at it again,(stabbing in Rome).

Scoreboard82

A lot of fans who get stabbed are looking for trouble. There are some fairly notorious areas in Rome where Ultras meet up and fans are told in no uncertain terms not to venture there. Unfortunately this just gives the hard nuts ideas and they go down there and get shivved. Own fault really.

possibly. but i'm sure any nufc fans who have been to italy to watch football will back me in my absolute disgust at a large section of italian supporters and the italian authorities.

A lot of fans who get stabbed are looking for trouble. There are some fairly notorious areas in Rome where Ultras meet up and fans are told in no uncertain terms not to venture there. Unfortunately this just gives the hard nuts ideas and they go down there and get shivved. Own fault really.

possibly. but i'm sure any nufc fans who have been to italy to watch football will back me in my absolute disgust at a large section of italian supporters and the italian authorities.

There is a hooliganism problem in Italy no doubt, but I think it also speaks volumes that when ours fans have went to Italy they've came back largely unscathed. We have our idiots but by and large we're very well behaved in Europe whereas some teams, the London ones especially like to think they're in Green Street. Christ, even when it did kick off at one of our games it wasn't even our fans who were involved.

I dont know if its been mentioned buy the fact of this case is the bus with the arsenal fans got ambushed and people were trying keep them from getting on with there legs and hence the stabbing in the knee

There is a hooliganism problem in Italy no doubt, but I think it also speaks volumes that when ours fans have went to Italy they've came back largely unscathed. We have our idiots but by and large we're very well behaved in Europe whereas some teams, the London ones especially like to think they're in Green Street. Christ, even when it did kick off at one of our games it wasn't even our fans who were involved.

the kid who got burnt inside the san siro didn't come back unharmed and i know a few who went to roma and got a kicking.........maybe its cos its us the press aren't interested.....imagine if that flare thrown into the nufc fans had been in man utd or chelsea fans (oh and thanks fred for saying that, yes you saw it but neglecting to put it in the clubs official report)

the kid who got burnt inside the san siro didn't come back unharmed and i know a few who went to roma and got a kicking.........maybe its cos its us the press aren't interested.....imagine if that flare thrown into the nufc fans had been in man utd or chelsea fans (oh and thanks fred for saying that, yes you saw it but neglecting to put it in the clubs official report)

Hence the reason 'largely unscathed'. West Ham went to Palermo and there was a handful of stabbings, we went a few games later and very little kicked off.

I'm not saying there isn't trouble because there clearly is but we do seem better behaved and more level headed than most.

Hence the reason 'largely unscathed'. West Ham went to Palermo and there was a handful of stabbings, we went a few games later and very little kicked off.

I'm not saying there isn't trouble because there clearly is but we do seem better behaved and more level headed than most.

quite a bit kicked off but no stabbings. what stopped milan kicking off more was the ammount of us rather than any behaviour.

Maybe that's true, but it seems in this case the Arsenal fans were merely sitting on a coach when it was ambushed.

Good job Liverpool havnt been to Roma recently. Their fans will somehow find a way to murder a load of Italians involving crushing them under a wall, and get all English teams banned from Europe again...

In terms of this, you have to feel sorry for supporters of teams such Luton, Oxford, (then) Wimbledon etc who missed what will probably be their only chance to watch their team play competitive European football. Probably diddled Everton out of a couple of European Cup last 4's at least n all.

Good job Liverpool havnt been to Roma recently. Their fans will somehow find a way to murder a load of Italians involving crushing them under a wall, and get all English teams banned from Europe again...

In terms of this, you have to feel sorry for supporters of teams such Luton, Oxford, (then) Wimbledon etc who missed what will probably be their only chance to watch their team play competitive European football. Probably diddled Everton out of a couple of European Cup last 4's at least n all.

Aye, you certainly do. I've never thought about it that way...

Guest ItalianMagpie

You're both right. I think nowadays, at least in Europe, our supporters and our authorities are the worst ones. They're just one of the reason why I stopped following italian football...