Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

Guest neesy111

Oops

Creditors of Liverpool owner Tom Hicks say Hicks Sports Group is in default on debts of £351m. (Wall Street Journal)

So he's defaulted on some of the debts he's run up in buying teams in the US & he and George Gillet are desperately scrabbling around looking to renegotiate the loan that they used to buy Liverpool.

July could be a very interesting time in the Premiership.

remember man utd are despite making profits of 50 million, lost another 40 million because they owe around 80-90 million a season to pay for the glaziers loan for the club

they are not in a great financial position

Guest neesy111

football has been living beyond it's mean's for a while, and it has to come crashing down before there is a massive crash which could wipe many football club's out

this has to start from club's offering smaller wage's for players as they've totally spiralled out of control

shame they didn't ask someone like Mike Ashley, or read websites like macbeths to see how its done.

Shepherd was shit, and Ashley IS shit. That about sums it up.

shame they didn't ask someone like Mike Ashley, or read websites like macbeths to see how its done.

Shepherd was shit, and Ashley IS shit. That about sums it up.

more european and Champs League qualifications than any club bar 4 says differently. We might go through 3 or 4 owners yet before that happens again. Still, I'm sure you know best

Shepherd was s***, and Ashley IS s***. That about sums it up.

more european and Champs League qualifications than any club bar 4 says differently. We might go through 3 or 4 owners yet before that happens again. Still, I'm sure you know best

Yep, then he lost the plot, made too many mistakes and nearly bankrupted the club.

Shepherd was s***, and Ashley IS s***. That about sums it up.

Yep, then he lost the plot, made too many mistakes and nearly bankrupted the club.

but we qualified for europe more than any club bar 4. We will see how long it takes to match such achievements by such a shit board then ?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand away we go again.

Hook, line and sinker; JJ7, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

;D Sorry.

aye, repost that rubbish in 5 years time........hopefully we may have matched what they did, but would you bet on it ?

;D Sorry.

aye, repost that rubbish in 5 years time........hopefully we may have matched what they did, but would you bet on it ?

Im not falling for your wind up a second time! :pow:

;D Sorry.

Im not falling for your wind up a second time! :pow:

happens to be true though, doesn't it ?

Hmm.....no reply. Always puzzles me this, that I give out facts and people think its a wind up ?

always puzzles me why you don't tell the whole truth mind. like the position fred left the club in.

Hmm.....no reply. Always puzzles me this, that I give out facts and people think its a wind up ?

actually you don't, you give one fact repeated ad nauseam - the rest is your opinion tarted up as fact through the smoke and mirror act of condescension

between yourself & JJ7 there were facts and opinions, i'll enlighten you:

FS was a big part [fnar] of the European qualifications (facts) but he also ran out of ideas (strong conjecture/opinion) and the club was nearly bankrupt/in a dire financial situation (fact)

what's so hard about it for you?  you quote the Euro qualifications and JJ7 says: "Yep, then he lost the plot, made too many mistakes and nearly bankrupted the club"

he's not contradicting you, you can surely understand that?  he's referring to 2 different points in time man

then you reply and tell him to repost his rubbish in 5 years!!!  you remind me of billy pilgrim dude, totally shot to fuck through all the time travelling you've done so you can't work out simple linear facts and events anymore

actually you don't, you give one fact repeated ad nauseam - the rest is your opinion tarted up as fact through the smoke and mirror act of condescension

FS was a big part [fnar] of the European qualifications (facts) but he also ran out of ideas (strong conjecture/opinion) and the club was nearly bankrupt/in a dire financial situation (fact)

what's so hard about it for you?  you quote the Euro qualifications and JJ7 says: "Yep, then he lost the plot, made too many mistakes and nearly bankrupted the club"

he's not contradicting you, you can surely understand that?  he's referring to 2 different points in time man

then you reply and tell him to repost his rubbish in 5 years!!!  you remind me of billy pilgrim dude, totally shot to f*** through all the time travelling you've done so you can't work out simple linear facts and events anymore

Good points. Im not biting here, honestly :undecided: as its just a general point, but there are very few people in business or politics or whatever who are always good. Most people usually start to fail and make mistakes in the end. Look at Hitler who performed miricles at the start, Thatcher, Brooks Mileson, Peter Ridsdale, Doug Ellis etc..... Even if Freddy had won us the league for three seasons between 1997 and 2000, you can't just stick with them when they continue to make mistake after mistake.

then you reply and tell him to repost his rubbish in 5 years!!!  you remind me of billy pilgrim dude, totally shot to f*** through all the time travelling you've done so you can't work out simple linear facts and events anymore

Good points. Im not biting here, honestly :undecided: as its just a general point, but there are very few people in business or politics or whatever who are always good. Most people usually start to fail and make mistakes in the end. Look at Hitler who performed miricles at the start, Thatcher, Brooks Mileson, Peter Ridsdale, Doug Ellis etc..... Even if Freddy had won us the league for three seasons between 1997 and 2000, you can't just stick with them when they continue to make mistake after mistake.

absolutely agree, and it's a balance thing

we'd tipped the scales under FS, and as a PLC in my opinion, but we got very unlucky with who bought us out - as has been said countless times the ashley period being an abject failure to date does not validate the later years of FS & the PLC

absolutely agree, and it's a balance thing

we'd tipped the scales under FS, and as a PLC in my opinion, but we got very unlucky with who bought us out - as has been said countless times the ashley period being an abject failure to date does not validate the later years of FS & the PLC

at the end of the day, it depends how you look at it.

Football is a risky business. A lot of people say - and not just on here - that if you aren't in europe, you are shit. Construed : what they mean is they have known nothing less than regularly playing in europe, so don't listen to people like me who try to tell them that such things aren't automatic and only the good clubs with good boards qualify regularly for europe. You hit the nail slightly on the head when you say we were "unlucky with who bought us out"........having seen the club when we were REALLY shite [far more than the supposed "shite" of the recent past, until now since Ashley came in] I see it differently, I see the vast majority of the clubs in the top 2 leagues as being shite, and I say we "got lucky" when we had good directors. It might be quite a while until we "get lucky" again ....... and a lot of people will be sitting around in 10 years time and looking back at the Halls and Shepherd and realise it, but I obviously hope not bearing in mind my age.

This is all I've said from day 1 by the way. At least some people - since ashley - have begun to understand.

Well Leazes I'm old enough to remember when "we were REALLY shite", before the Halls, Keegan and your own beloved Freddie Shepherd and I say you are still talking shite!

Can't you understand that Shepherd was punting the future of the club. and if Ashley hadn't bought us when he did there's every chance we would have went down last season and probably went into administration.

And by the way, I see you haven't got a quote from me in your pathetic signature. Perhaps you do secretly agree with me.  :laugh:

Well Leazes I'm old enough to remember when "we were REALLY shite", before the Halls, Keegan and your own beloved Freddie Shepherd and I say you are still talking shite!

Can't you understand that Shepherd was punting the future of the club. and if Ashley hadn't bought us when he did there's every chance we would have went down last season and probably went into administration.

And by the way, I see you haven't got a quote from me in your pathetic signature. Perhaps you do secretly agree with me.  :laugh:

why don't you reply to the other, very debateable posts I've referred you to from myself and HTL ?

My sig contains 5 exact quotes from this board, made by people who shared the same opinion that you had, and still have it seems. They are ridiculous, aren't they ? What a pity that people like you said at the time that they were right and I was wrong.

Your 2nd paragraph above, is just as wrong as all those 5 quotes.

Why do you call me Leazes, what is your name on other message boards ? I believe I've also pointed out this hypocrisy before  but you dodge that too don't you ?

Try admitting you're wrong, talk sense, cease the hypocrisy and address responses to your own posts as I've mentioned, and I might find you worthy of a decent reply.

Guest toonlass

why don't you reply to the other, very debateable posts I've referred you to from myself and HTL ?

My sig contains 5 exact quotes from this board, made by people who shared the same opinion that you had, and still have it seems. They are ridiculous, aren't they ? What a pity that people like you said at the time that they were right and I was wrong.

Your 2nd paragraph above, is just as wrong as all those 5 quotes.

Why do you call me Leazes, what is your name on other message boards ? I believe I've also pointed out this hypocrisy before  but you dodge that too don't you ?

Try admitting you're wrong, talk sense, cease the hypocrisy and address responses to your own posts as I've mentioned, and I might find you worthy of a decent reply.

Maybe he calls you Leazes for the same reason you call me Toonlass.