Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

can't quite grasp the fact that one or two people are so deluded they appear to think manu, Liverpool are getting it all wrong, while the route we have taken to eventual inevitable relegation is right.

Amazing.

Who thinks we're doing it right?

you and numerous others trying to say that Ashley hasn't been getting it right now then ? Biggest u-turn ever, and thats saying something.

i really think you ought to name names. as far as i'm aware the vast majority just knew we couldn't go on as we were.

the vast majority believed the last board was so shite than anybody else would be better. And they believed Ashley was the man, and whats more, you know it.

can't quite grasp the fact that one or two people are so deluded they appear to think manu, Liverpool are getting it all wrong, while the route we have taken to eventual inevitable relegation is right.

Amazing.

They're aren't getting it wrong, they're in the Champions League, we're not.

Leeds tried to budget on getting CL football every season and look what happened.

......... and we have tried to balance the books - or make a profit in transfer windows -  and look whats happened.

don't even think they've attempted to balance the books yet...just tried to stop losing soooo much money.

i'll make it easy again for you. just copy and paste what i type below,saves you typing it out.

I believe we should just borrow more and more until we achieve success.

we are the only club in debt then ?

:lol:

Amazing.

Leeds tried to budget on getting CL football every season and look what happened.

......... and we have tried to balance the books - or make a profit in transfer windows -  and look whats happened.

don't even think they've attempted to balance the books yet...just tried to stop losing soooo much money.

i'll make it easy again for you. just copy and paste what i type below,saves you typing it out.

Nope but our debt is worst than most

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_DOV.html

Only Arsenal in this list have a higher debt as a percentage of club value and considering the fact that we haven't built a whole ******* stadium in the last few years ours is probably worse.

Amazing.

i don't believe i said that.

we ceratinly aren't the only club outside the champs league having to change their finances because they can't afford to keep on going the way they were.

your dodging it again....you think we should just keep on borrowing regardless until we are succesful don't you ?.  (i believe this is a yes/no situation)

Amazing.

we ceratinly aren't the only club outside the champs league having to change their finances because they can't afford to keep on going the way they were.

your dodging it again....you think we should just keep on borrowing regardless until we are succesful don't you ?.  (i believe this is a yes/no situation)

what you are saying, is you think the club deliberately borrows money to deliberately go bust ?

Madras, you have what you wanted mate. The old board were accountable for their mistakes, and paid the price, so you have their replacements. Unfortunately, you can't see that it is like wanting rid of Alan Shearer for missing a couple of penalties and replacing him with Shola Ameobi.

Amazing.

what you are saying, is you think the club deliberately borrows money to deliberately go bust ?

Madras, you have what you wanted mate. The old board were accountable for their mistakes, and paid the price, so you have their replacements. Unfortunately, you can't see that it is like wanting rid of Alan Shearer for missing a couple of penalties and replacing him with Shola Ameobi.

nope. what i'm saying is after you've borrowed so much it is dangerous to carry on doing so. it is even more dangerouds to borrow money and give it to people who are very poor at their job.

erm exactly how did the previous board pay for their mistakes ?

it's not a bit like wanting rid of shearer for missing a couple of penalties. it's more like wanting rid of micky burns after playing poorly for two years.

edit...and so you do think we should be borrowing even more regardless of our losses and wage bill of near 70% etc

Freddie Shepherd was following the Peter Ridsdale model of how to run a football club very successfully.

For all Ashley's faults, and they are many, I still think we are now better off than we would have been had Shepherd still been in control of the club, but Freddie's lovechild Leazes will never accept that.

Amazing.

More like replacing Sibierski with Smith :lol:

Amazing.

nope. what i'm saying is after you've borrowed so much it is dangerous to carry on doing so. it is even more dangerouds to borrow money and give it to people who are very poor at their job.

it's not a bit like wanting rid of shearer for missing a couple of penalties. it's more like wanting rid of micky burns after playing poorly for two years.

edit...and so you do think we should be borrowing even more regardless of our losses and wage bill of near 70% etc

no you aren't. You are saying you want the club to compete at the levels of Bolton, Charlton etc, instead of attempting to challenge with the other big clubs. Well, you have your wish.

Amazing.

Still happy with the replacement for the fat bastard ?

Amazing.

Was I ever?

Turns out two fats don't make a right.

Guest kirkpatrick9

why are the big 4 allowed to keep dealing like that?

at some point some clubs are bound to end up f***ed. Hopefully they will threat the big clubs the same way the dealt with the smaller clubs.

You whinge about that now, but 10 year ago we were the second biggest club in the world, and if we had've been ran correctly we could've been in the same boat now.

Amazing.

no you aren't. You are saying you want the club to compete at the levels of Bolton, Charlton etc, instead of attempting to challenge with the other big clubs. Well, you have your wish.

it's what fred would have wanted if you are to be believed ie the reason for bringing in allardyce.

are you saying with our debts and wages and on going losses you want us to borrow more to compete with the top 4 ?  yes/no

Freddie Shepherd was following the Peter Ridsdale model of how to run a football club very successfully.

For all Ashley's faults, and they are many, I still think we are now better off than we would have been had Shepherd still been in control of the club, but Freddie's lovechild Leazes will never accept that.

now jimmymag, myself and HTL have made 2 points/replies to you in previous threads recently, and you have avoided them.

Rather than mess up this thread, how about going back to those instead of chickening out of them ?

Your silly remark about Freddie's lovechild, sums you up tbh. But I don't think the old regime would have sat back and made a profit in 3 transfer windows while watching us go down. Feel free to reply intelligently without childish comments, and the other 2 threads I've mentioned, but I bet you don't.

Amazing.

Was I ever?

aye, qualifying for europe and the champions league more than every club bar 4 was really crap, wasn't it ?

Amazing.

Still happy with the replacement for the fat b****** ?

Was I ever?

aye, qualifying for europe and the champions league more than every club bar 4 was really crap, wasn't it ?

ne5 has a point as that is exactly where we were when fred sold up.

Amazing.

Was I ever?

and then...

Guest fading star

Shepherd and Hall brought us some of the best times we’ve had, but they did sell up before the bill had been settled. Shepherd also made a series of managerial blunders that have set us back years. However, overall they did a good job, left us in a far better position than when they took over. That we’re now teetering on the brink of plunging the depths again has very little to do with the failings of John and Freddy, and everything to do with the lack of ambition shown by the man who succeeded them.

Shepherd and Hall proved that genuine ambition was the best business model for NUFC.  We had tried the zero ambition model under McKeag and it was a disaster. They had the right idea, and for a decade implemented it to near perfection. Then Shepherd threw a spanner in the works by replacing SBR with Souness. The basic business model was fine, it just needed a bit of maintenance. Ashley has gone at it with a sledge hammer.

Shepherd and Hall brought us some of the best times we’ve had, but they did sell up before the bill had been settled. Shepherd also made a series of managerial blunders that have set us back years. However, overall they did a good job, left us in a far better position than when they took over. That we’re now teetering on the brink of plunging the depths again has very little to do with the failings of John and Freddy, and everything to do with the lack of ambition shown by the man who succeeded them.

Shepherd and Hall proved that genuine ambition was the best business model for NUFC.  We had tried the zero ambition model under McKeag and it was a disaster. They had the right idea, and for a decade implemented it to near perfection. Then Shepherd threw a spanner in the works by replacing SBR with Souness. The basic business model was fine, it just needed a bit of maintenance. Ashley has gone at it with a sledge hammer.

thats basically right, from start to finish. Unfortunately, there are still several people who either genuinely and stupidly disagree, and some who are only disagreeing because its me who is saying it. There are also others who still make childish comments like "Shepherds lovechild", which, if it was any other situation than the huge dive we have taken since they sold the club, would be the most laughable thing ever.

I still bet the poster who said that, doesn't respond to the comments made by myself and HTL to him a week or so ago.

I won't reference him in this post in this context again, but am more than happy to reply to any constructive comments he DOES make in the other threads.

Amazing.

Still happy with the replacement for the fat b****** ?

Was I ever?

It wasn't a sustainable business model!!! I don't see how you can't see this.

Don't bother with the 'you want us to be like Bolton!!!!' reply, we've hear it every thread.

It seems like the ignore the debt because the administrators haven't be called in and because there's no tangible effect (whilst there would have been had Ashley not came in).

thats basically right, from start to finish. Unfortunately, there are still several people who either genuinely and stupidly disagree, and some who are only disagreeing because its me who is saying it. There are also others who still make childish comments like "Shepherds lovechild", which, if it was any other situation than the huge dive we have taken since they sold the club, would be the most laughable thing ever.

I still bet the poster who said that, doesn't respond to the comments made by myself and HTL to him a week or so ago.

I won't reference him in this post in this context again, but am more than happy to reply to any constructive comments he DOES make in the other threads.

I'm so pleased my "Freddie's lovechild" jibe has gotten under your skin.  :laugh:

As I've said to you before, you either are Freddie Shepherd or a relation of his because of the way you carry on defending him and refusing to accept that he was on the verge of bankrupting our club.

I find it interesting that you haven't refuted my earlier suggestion that Shepherd was following the Peter Ridsdale business model for Premiership clubs, and that Ashley is indeed our saviour. Perhaps you secretly subscribe to this view but can't admit it because of the huge hole you've dug for yourself by your dogged defence of Shepherd.

I'm so pleased my "Freddie's lovechild" jibe has gotten under your skin.  :laugh:

As I've said to you before, you either are Freddie Shepherd or a relation of his because of the way you carry on defending him and refusing to accept that he was on the verge of bankrupting our club.

I find it interesting that you haven't refuted my earlier suggestion that Shepherd was following the Peter Ridsdale business model for Premiership clubs, and that Ashley is indeed our saviour. Perhaps you secretly subscribe to this view but can't admit it because of the huge hole you've dug for yourself by your dogged defence of Shepherd.

I'm so pleased for you that you think such a load of tosh bothers me.

Basically, I have the results in terms of qualifications for europe more than any other team bar 4 to back up my "opinions". What do you have ?

I see you are still running away and not responding to the posts by myself and HTL which were a direct response to comments made by yourself ?

That makes me right again then ......... unless you rather stupidly think that relegation is better than qualifying for europe more than every other club bar 4, and you increasingly appear to look you honestly believe it  :mackems:

Just to make it easier for you, here is the link to the thread that you decided to run away from when you realised you were completely trumped

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60559.msg1745883.html#msg1745883

And I'm right - AGAIN - when I said you wouldn't respond.