Squad for Next Season AKA The Thread of Optimism

Stu

Guest Brazilianbob

When we go down we won't be able to pick and choose which players we keep and who we sell/let go, because the vultures will initially pick over the bones of our rotting NUFC corpse for the promising young talent such as Taylor, Lua Lua, Carroll, Krul, Bassong, Guthrie, Ranger.  Obviously the players out of contract will just go, so Owen and Lovenkrands will easily negotiate free transfers to EPL clubs.

When those players have gone, the vultures will then unsettle our better known players, but will wait until almost transfer deadline day before making bids for the likes of Collocini, Martins, Duff, Barton, Jonas, etc.  We will then be left with the dogs breath of the side that took us down and with little or no time to actually rebuild in order to go straight back up.  I fear we are in for a longer stay in the Championship than most anticipate.

Am I right in thinking that Nolan and R. Taylor would have to stay (until Jan at least) due to the 3 clubs in a year rule?

hope so

Don't think so, thought it was a 'season' unless there's an overlap (i.e. Brazil league & Premiership).

i.e. It's to stop Player X starting the season for Team A,  transferring to Team B by Sep 1st.

Playing for Team B until Jan transfer window, then transferring to Team C and playing for them until the season end.

The starting eleven for Newcastle vs Blackpool on the opening day of next season

GK - Harper

RB - Taylor

CB - Edgar (will be signed up to a new contract within 48 hours of relegation being confirmed)

CB - FPP

LB - FPP

RW - FPP

CM - Butt (Club Captain)

CM - Lua Lua

LW - FPP (or possibly Duff if we can't give him away)

CF - Caroll

CF - Ameobi

FPP - Fizzy Pop Player, could be anyone from the 'Championship' downwards.

Away, in order of leaving the sinking ship in Uncle Mike's Fire Sale

Owen - Free, to Wigan

Viduka - Free, to the pie shop

Smith - Nominal Fee, to some idiot coming up

Jonas, 4m (given up trying to guess where they're going)

Barton - 1.5m

Collocini - 5m

Guthrie - 2m

S Taylor - 2.5m

Nolan - 2.5m

Enrique - 3m

Beye - 1.5m

Martins 7m

Bassong - 6m

Duff - Free transfer, if we can give him away

Cacapa - Will turn up for the first day of pre-season, hoping nobody realises his contract is up

Cacapa - Will turn up for the first day of pre-season and be mistaken as a granda looking for autographs for his grandkids.

Agreed.

Might be able to do a job in the championship :undecided: