Squad for Next Season AKA The Thread of Optimism

Stu

I'm referring to the fact that Wise handles the transfer negotiations and makes sure it goes through in the best interests of the club i.e. we don't sign another Luque/Marcelino/Boumsong etc

Urgh its gonna be heart breaking in the summer. What is worse, losing all our best players or having to watch cheap as chips Ashley and Joe fucking Kinnear rebuild the team?

They're not two opposing options, tbh. They're one and the same thing.

Going down or staying up, there needs to be major,majoir changes throughout the club and certainly on the playing side.

No s***, Sherlock.

Yeah it is obvious, but then again it has been for about 3 seasons and nothing has been done.

Going down or staying up, there needs to be major,majoir changes throughout the club and certainly on the playing side.

Not happening. I fully expect Ashley and co to sit down and create a plan in the Championship, it will of course fail as they will misjudge/underestimate the league as they have done in the Premiership. Lets just hope we arnt fighting relegation again next year as we will have next to nothing to work with after we get rid of players. I just hope in the mayhem of selling we do actually do abit of buying instead of waiting until the selling is done, as we just wont have time.

(if we go down)

For me, the inevitable relegation will bring huge changes in the squad, I think the players can be classed in four groups with regard to the chances that they'll be pulling on a B&W shirt next season:

Certain to leave

Bassong

Martins

Barton

Jonas

Colocini

Viduka

Owen

Beye

Cacapa

Nacho

Probably

Enrique

S Taylor

Xisco

Smith

Duff

Geremi

Possibly

Nolan

Lovenkrands

Guthrie

Will not

Shola

R Taylor

Harper

Edgar

Carroll

Lau Lau

About the only people Relegation would be good for is the young players we have playing in the reserves as I imagine a good few of them would come into the first team.

Not if JFK is still here, which no doubt he will be. Kinnear will spend whatever he can on his type of player. Old, slow and like to hoof it to Shola.

Good times ahead.

Guest Mantis

Cant see many more than the following being here come start of next season:

Nolan

Guthrie

Butt

Shola

R Taylor

Harper

Forster

Edgar

Carroll

young uns

expect to have to watch players like Chris Morgan, Martin taylor, some 6'3 battering ram type striker with no pace and god forbid we have to go cap in hand to Stephen Carr.

Think Beye would stay as well. No clue why, but I do.

I think any player that has the potential to feature for their country in the World Cup will be through the door asap.

Xisco will stay if we go down

MINT!

We are saved!

he'll do better than the other shower of s**** in attack

He will do better will he?

How do you know that, you been to the future?

I would hope we would try to keep Enrique and Bassong even if we went down.

They won't be on massive wages and we could offer to let them go at the end of year if we didn't get promoted. Beye could be offered the captaincy to tempt him to stay. Lovenkrands and Xisco would be a decent forward line in the Championship and Nolan and Guthrie would be pretty dominant in the middle of the park.

Any potential losses would easily be offset by sales and the save in wages associated with those sales, Martins, Owen, Viduka, Smith, Geremi, Duff, Jonas, Coloccini and Barton would save us about 25m in wages and bring in about 30m in sales.

Going down would be a nightmare, but with a decent Manager and a concerted effort to keep the players who aren't draining millions and millions out the club, we should be fine to come back up.

Going down would be a nightmare, but with a decent Manager and a concerted effort to keep the players who aren't draining millions and millions out the club, we should be fine to come back up.

Oh my god we must avoid relegation at all costs!

They won't be on massive wages and we could offer to let them go at the end of year if we didn't get promoted. Beye could be offered the captaincy to tempt him to stay. Lovenkrands and Xisco would be a decent forward line in the Championship and Nolan and Guthrie would be pretty dominant in the middle of the park.

Any potential losses would easily be offset by sales and the save in wages associated with those sales, Martins, Owen, Viduka, Smith, Geremi, Duff, Jonas, Coloccini and Barton would save us about 25m in wages and bring in about 30m in sales.

Such casual words about relegation and losing our top flight status worries me about some fans.

Xisco will stay if we go down

MINT!

We are saved!

he'll do better than the other shower of s**** in attack

He will do better will he?

How do you know that, you been to the future?

You ever watched Shola play?  :kasper:

Just a pipe dream that I am afraid

Such casual words about relegation and losing our top flight status worries me about some fans.

I'm not trying to downplay the effects of relegation. However, plenty of other clubs have bounced straight back. The filth down the road lost the first fours games and then still won the league at a canter. Their team didn't contain the quality our squad would if we retained a the likes of Nolan, Guthrie etc.

Obviously a lot depends on how we're managed at all levels if we do go down. Which I guess was my point, the jokes would neeed to step up there games big style.