Ireland Internationals

Decky

We're getting beat (Northern ireland). Our manager is f***ing s***..

This to be fair. We haven't looked like a good side since Sanchez was in charge, a draw at very best I think!

It's the attitude we seem to have that gets me, we get beat off a team 3-0 and we get "ah they put in a good performance, they'll have learnt something from this" What to get battered?. He always spouts the same s*** yet we go into every game the same and never seem to actually learn anything new.

Is it not just Northern Ireland finding their level again after spectacularly overperforming for a couple of years?

I do agree that it has some part in why we are shit I mean healy is nowhere near good enough any more, I can't even remember the last time he scored, however from the moment Worthington has taken over our results have slumped badly and we really don't look like the same team. I don't expect them to beat teams that reached the WC, the players aren't good enough quite frankly but I don't think our manager is either to be honest, especially for the money they are paying him (in terms of what we are used to paying managers).

Who else could they get in to replace him? Bring back Sanchez? Go foreign?

We're getting beat (Northern ireland). Our manager is f***ing s***..

This to be fair. We haven't looked like a good side since Sanchez was in charge, a draw at very best I think!

It's the attitude we seem to have that gets me, we get beat off a team 3-0 and we get "ah they put in a good performance, they'll have learnt something from this" What to get battered?. He always spouts the same s*** yet we go into every game the same and never seem to actually learn anything new.

Is it not just Northern Ireland finding their level again after spectacularly overperforming for a couple of years?

I do agree that it has some part in why we are s*** I mean healy is nowhere near good enough any more, I can't even remember the last time he scored, however from the moment Worthington has taken over our results have slumped badly and we really don't look like the same team. I don't expect them to beat teams that reached the WC, the players aren't good enough quite frankly but I don't think our manager is either to be honest, especially for the money they are paying him (in terms of what we are used to paying managers).

Who else could they get in to replace him? Bring back Sanchez? Go foreign?

Worthington signed a new contract in January for a further 2 years on £450,000 a year which a heck of a lot for our FA to pay, I can't see him being replaced any time soon unfortunately. You bring up a good point though.. there isn't exactly a lot of viable candidates out there right now.. and I just can't see us ever going abroad for a manager, at least right now.

Another blow for tonight is that Jonny Evans has had to withdraw with a groin injury.

Need to get a couple of Newry stars in the team, should have called up Francis Murphy after his brilliant goal last month ;)

Guest GAMMELL

We've been shit so far, Keane should have buried that chance from a flick-on earlier.

Armenia for fuck sake

Stone wall penalty as well. Can still see us winning this about 2-0.

Hope to fuck you're right.

On another note, I hope your lot fucking destroy them horrible cheating chip on their shoulder Cork bastards in the final. GAA is corrupt as fuck, it's hard enough for me beloved Dubs to beat 1 of the best teams in the country, then fucking referee's giving frees against us for sweet fuck all just tarnishes the sport. We are hated.

Good luck with it in anyways

You see, this is the problem with you lot, bring France, Italy et al to the wire, but look like turgid piss in front of the smaller nations.

England are equally shit no matter who they face. Fortunately, it tends to get us through the qualifiers. (and then brutally murdered in the competition proper)

Hope we beat them as well, nearly puked all over hill 16 when Kildare had that free in the last minutes :lol: If we play against Cork like we did against Kerry it should be ours, we play better as underdogs. Pretty much everyone here feared meeting the Dubs too.

Guest GAMMELL

You see, this is the problem with you lot, bring France, Italy et al to the wire, but look like turgid piss in front of the smaller nations.

England are equally shit no matter who they face. Fortunately, it tends to get us through the qualifiers. (and then brutally murdered in the competition proper)

This in a nutshell really

This in a nutshell really

It's essentially down to the fact that we have awful CM's. There's nobody who makes us tick, who goes looking for the ball to start attacks and has the quality to do it well. The last few years our options in CM have made Newcastle look like Spain, until a CM comes through who is at least somewhat decent we're always going to look bad against the poor sides. It's grand against better sides, as we're looking to play on the break for the most part.

Anyway, really good 3 points that. Shitty pitch, playing in heat that our lads aren't really used to and we've got the win. Never expected much better than a scrappy, tight win tbh.

Also, I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of any evidence they've ever witnessed that suggests Aiden McGeady is a good footballer. He's absolutely piss, can't believe he's fetched almost £10m. :lol:

missed the 1st half but from HT highlights show good chances + goal ruled out for offside (i think)

2nd Half - Armenia more attacking, Robbie Keane - just bury the chances FFS!

encouraging performance, need to be more clinical, good performance from Kevin Doyle, battling from start to end