Boro sent tickets back

Guest toonlass

Guest guyb

We sold the full allocation of 2800 you gave us.

Joking aside, some of you really thought we wouldn't sell out for the most important derby in 20 years?

Let's hope you sell out yours.

We sold the full allocation of 2800 you gave us.

Joking aside, some of you really thought we wouldn't sell out for the most important derby in 20 years?

Let's hope you sell out yours.

You confident of getting a result?

Guest guyb

not at all.  We are leaderless, collapse when going behind and carry as much offensive threat as Charles Haughtrey.

But that said, hand on heart, you are in freefall as well.  Whoever scores first will win and has a better than evens chance of catching Sunlan (who will be lucky to get another point)

I really think whoever wins next Monday has a great chance of getting out of it. I also think it'll be a draw and we'll both end up sinking.

My best mate's a Boro fan so if we go, I desperately want to take them with us (though even better would be to both survive and send Hull and the mackems down).

Guest guyb

a draw isnt fatal for either Wullie - better for you with the GD but would then leave us both needing at least 4 from the last two.

How the fck did we both get into this mess when Bolton, Wigan and Stoke are swanning around in mid table?

a draw isnt fatal for either Wullie - better for you with the GD but would then leave us both needing at least 4 from the last two.

How the fck did we both get into this mess when Bolton, Wigan and Stoke are swanning around in mid table?

Both shite, have shite managers, no midfield and shocking defences pretty much.

Could be curtains no matter what if Hull beat Stoke.

Guest guyb

sadly true Des - I think Hull will got dicked tomorrow night and beat Stoke but that will be it for them.

Watch them win twice and fck us both. :-(

sadly true Des - I think Hull will got dicked tomorrow night and beat Stoke but that will be it for them.

Watch them win twice and fck us both. :-(

Reckon Villa will do the business tomorro n all, its just a shame Stoke are out of it pretty much otherwise id fancy them to take something but Hull even if they are shite will battle like fuck and probably get something.

If they get beat still wouldn't be suprised if we get 3draws to stay up but im clutching at straws

I honestly fancied Boro to do really well this season and said so on here, can't believe how shit you've been. You can pretty much pinpoint it to the form of Alves though, who did well last season but must now go down as one of the worst signings in Premiership history.

Have you still got that "Boro Goal Machine" banner? :laugh:

I honestly fancied Boro to do really well this season and said so on here, can't believe how shit you've been. You can pretty much pinpoint it to the form of Alves though, who did well last season but must now go down as one of the worst signings in Premiership history.

Have you still got that "Boro Goal Machine" banner? :laugh:

It was on MOTD last night. Didn't know it were an Alves flag

Guest guyb

I dread to think how many fantasy teams he screwed too (mine).

Not just him though - a deliberate policy to cull the high wage earners has blown up big style, we look like a kids team sometimes with the "senior" pros being Arca, Aliadiere and Gary O'Neill - you won't see three bigger fannies outside of a Ron Jeremy flick. 

Ironically, despite losing Downing, O'Neill (good riddance) and Tuncay probably Huth too;  the team won't be in too bad shape for a crack at the Championship next season - a lot of them have been on loan to that league and have been the star men of whichever team they were at (Riggot at Stoke, Johnson at Watford, McMahon at Sheff Wed, Grounds at Norwich, Walker at Aberdeen, Rhys Williams at Burnley now) so we could probably reinvest half of the money we get and ironically be in a stronger position squad wise than now.

Plus I fancy Alves to do the business in the championship, probably closer to the Eredivise in quality and pace. 

Brum and Reading have come 2nd and 3rd with basically the same teams.

joking aside, I would fear for you if you came down with us or instead of - major surgery would be required on the pitch and I'd hate to see your books.

Not just him though - a deliberate policy to cull the high wage earners has blown up big style, we look like a kids team sometimes with the "senior" pros being Arca, Aliadiere and Gary O'Neill - you won't see three bigger fannies outside of a Ron Jeremy flick. 

Ironically, despite losing Downing, O'Neill (good riddance) and Tuncay probably Huth too;  the team won't be in too bad shape for a crack at the Championship next season - a lot of them have been on loan to that league and have been the star men of whichever team they were at (Riggot at Stoke, Johnson at Watford, McMahon at Sheff Wed, Grounds at Norwich, Walker at Aberdeen, Rhys Williams at Burnley now) so we could probably reinvest half of the money we get and ironically be in a stronger position squad wise than now.

Plus I fancy Alves to do the business in the championship, probably closer to the Eredivise in quality and pace.   

joking aside, I would fear for you if you came down with us or instead of - major surgery would be required on the pitch and I'd hate to see your books.

As would Ash-....

....Ash4. Yeah.

Alves will be off but the rest i agree with. McMahon, Bates, Wheater, Johnson and your other young lads  is a decent basis for a Championship team whereas we'll need 12/13 new players after everyone fucks off and very few youngsters coming through (Lua Lua & Carroll aside)

He's in my fantasy team too. I've kept him in because I'm afraid if I take him out, he'll keep you up. :lol:

Our problem is that we're largely made up of big names who will easily get another Premiership gig despite all being absolutely hopeless and the few we have who are not will be snapped up. It's difficult to see who we would a) want to keep hold of and b) be able to.

Of the first team squad, apart from Harper, Bassong, Beye and Enrique (maybe Carroll and Guthrie too), they can all fuck off for me.

Guest guyb

and I also agree 100% with the other thread on here about looking fwd to the championship.

I'd hate being relegated but a season away from the bullshit and myths of the premiership won't do us any harm; similar to our rebirth in 86/87 - a team of hungry young Teessiders; taking 3/4000 to Doncaster, Blackpool, Barnsley; winning some games, etc.    Got to be better than duking it out with Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn to come 17th again.

If I didn't know better, I'd suspect Gibson had this in mind as his plan B all along.

Guest guyb

Digards injurys are another reason we're in this mess.  He'll be with us for another couple of years then off to one of the big boys - he's that good.  He'll be the best player in the Championship by a country mile.  He reminds me of Keane when he was at Forest.

Johnson is still a work in progress.  Looks good in U21's and in the championship but is still growing and a bit on the lightweight side.  Downing rightly gets in ahead of him but when he goes in the summer (even if we stay up), Johnson will slot straight in on the left.

Good, i'm kinda glad to hear it cos i remember raving about Digard one time on here - and someone saying that i was talking rubbish cos he was shit. Can't remember who or when, but i do remember it happening. :pow:

He seriously looked like the player we totally missed out on in the summer. Deep-lying midfielder.

guyb  - what do you make of a manager who won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards?

In all seriousness, I see where you're coming from about being in a potentially good position to bounce back, on and off the pitch. What I don't get is, what happened; you started the season relatively well. Not amazingly, but after 10-12 games you were in higher-mid table, I think? Has there been something in particular that's caused the downfall?

Guest guyb

In a word - Goals.

We started well, could have got 5 against Spurs in the first game, should have beaten Liverpool in game 2, let alone lost, letting in 2 in the last 5 mins (another popular theme this season); but then seemed to miss chances for fun -  losing 0-1 to WBA at home despite having 14 on target; losing at Sunlan despite missing a pen at 0-0 with 10 mins to go and so on and so on.

Other teams started to solidify and grind out results,  our young kids go hell for leather early on, don't get the break through then don't have a clue what to do,  then we get hit with a sucker punch late on and another 3 pts gone.    I can't find it online but R5l Confirmed yesterday that in a table, if matches lasted 80 minutes, we'd be in 8th place. Says it all.

The window came and went, we couldn't raise the money to buy a Palace midfielder; when we should have gone out and got Beattie. That said, Marlon King will also do a job in the championship (if he's not in jail).

There are other problems though - Southgate has little out and out support from the crowd, he couldn't tell you what his best XI or formation is after 3 years in the job; Absolutely adores Aliadiere and Pogatetz for some reason and it's only his ex-player status that has saved him from some rather nasty comeback.  McClaren got a season ticket book chucked at him for winning a league cup and getting to Europe twice. If we lose to Newcastle on Monday then the Villa game could get real ugly real quick if the game's up.  Especially as it's been announced that he's staying come what may. 

I'm not really in touch with what the Boro fans think as I don't spend much time down there anymore and I don't listen to the Legends now but my mate has been saying for ages that Southgate's had far too much support from the crowd and there haven't been enough people on his back which is probably fair comment.

I think if Gibson had done a Blackburn/Pompey and binned him for someone with a bit more experience and nouse, you might have gotten out of it. Same for us, obviously we've gone for a new manager but we still left it disgracefully late to bin Kinnear and that was only because the bugger keeled over.