Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

both Liverpool goals were illegal btw.

What was wrong with the second?

One of the Liverpool defenders was holding Beye.

Beye was just s***, didn't track his man, nothing illegal about it at all.

Ask yourself...does that sound like Beye? Watch it again when the ball is delivered (not when Kuyt actually heads the ball in).

Beye's a good player but not perfect. Just because it's him doesn't mean it's a foul becuase he can't possibly fuck up. The was some pulling and pushing but, look at the replay, Beye's not even watching his man, he's watching the ball come over. Basic marking really, watch your man first.

Sky Sports have told Phil Dowd that Benayoun was off-side for their first.  Won't make any difference to us, but should a team have a greivance about that, if the ref goes out for the second half thinking he's wrongly given a goal against one of the teams?

yeah that sounds a bit dodgy. but if it helps us then great.

i dont think it was totally clear cut anyway, the ball is played forward and part of him is offside, is the 'daylight' rule still used?

I think that any part of a player's body that he can legally strike the ball with isn't allowed to be beyond the last man.

Benayoun's left leg was beyond the last man, so he was offside.

"Daylight" has been out of the thinking for a good while now, if I'm not mistaken.

shocking shocking defending that's all I can say about this performance and timid as well

Colo has been complete and utter crap again.  That 2nd goal he was literally hiding at the near post behind a Liverpool player while Butt covered the Liverpool player (Butt was between the Liverpool player and the ball, whilst Colo was in the 1ft of space between the Liverpool player and the near post.)  This left Kuyt competely unmarked in the middle of the box.

It was Beye who left Kuyt unmarked. Not saying Coloccini is playing well,  he is not, but that goal wasnt his fault. Beye, Coloccini and Bassong have been laughable. Just as Smith and Butt in front of them.

I would have agreed, except that Colo was literally hiding behind Butt and doing nothing whilst Liverpool were up a man in the middle of the box.

Guest LucaAltieri

Skybet are giving 100-1 for Newcastle to turn this around, or 40-1 for the draw.

Worth a punt! :razz:

Taking the phrase "disposable income" at it's most literal.

Shearer's half-time talk:  "f*** you f***ing fuckers, you f***ing fuckers are f***ed!"

...after questions from the press: "I told lads in the halftime we have to play harder" ;)