SMB

Dave

That's always been the case imo. A sizeable minority would rather see Newcastle lose than their own team win.  :idiot2:

There are some canny mackems out there but most have got a massive chip on their shoulders and have a serious inferiority complex.

Went to the game today hoping they lost.  Its unbelievable the atmosphere is s***, They boo their team more than some of our mongs and every song is about Newcastle.  Even my friend was embarressed by how many anti Newcastle songs there was.   I think they sang a Sunderland based songs three times

Does that song go."Oh how i wish we were Newcastle,and have Mum's and Aunt's who were different people."?

:lol:  :mackems:

That's always been the case imo. A sizeable minority would rather see Newcastle lose than their own team win.  :idiot2:

There are some canny mackems out there but most have got a massive chip on their shoulders and have a serious inferiority complex.

That's the phrase I was looking for. Nail on head.  :thup:

If we were to finish 16th and the Mackems 17th in a season we'd regard it as a bad season (obviously not this season as 16th would be fucking magnificent!)

If they were to finish 16th and us 17th it would be a great season for them as they'd finished above us!

Sums them up really.

Not saying you're saying what I'm about to criticise, but IF we stay up, we have to remember to remain fucking furious. 16th is not a magnificent achievement.

If we were to finish 16th and the Mackems 17th in a season we'd regard it as a bad season (obviously not this season as 16th would be fucking magnificent!)

If they were to finish 16th and us 17th it would be a great season for them as they'd finished above us!

Sums them up really.

Not saying you're saying what I'm about to criticise, but IF we stay up, we have to remember to remain fucking furious. 16th is not a magnificent achievement.

The 'joy' would be very short-lived.

Sums them up really.

Admittedly, this is a pretty special situation we're in, even by our standards, but we've done it before (Souness ovation etc.).

Sums them up really.

Admittedly, this is a pretty special situation we're in, even by our standards, but we've done it before (Souness ovation etc.).

Any applause etc would be purely for Shearer.

Guest firetotheworks

To use, what I think is a rather fitting analogy:

It would be like the relief of having a shit. It's over, but it still stinks.

Sums them up really.

Any applause etc would be purely for Shearer.

Misinterpretation agogo.

A banner aimed at Ashley saying 'Now fix this disgrace' would do the trick.