Who do you blame for the mess ?

Guest Phil K

This piece blames the fans but not for the same reasons as others - says we don't protest enough!!

But there are just so many things wrong in it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/5356282/Newcastle-fans-part-of-the-reason-for-clubs-plight.html

Newcastle fans part of the reason for club's plight

Anyone spending time in Newcastle will attest that its inhabitants are a breed apart; warm, generous and able to laugh at themselves.

By Brian Moore

Last Updated: 5:33PM BST 20 May 2009

Christ almighty. Absolute nonsense. Typical patronising 'them thick provincial Geordies' article I thought we'd seen the last of.

Guest saintscoobz

Ashely and his ludicrous incompetent system: 40%

The utterly awful squad and idle players: 30%

Kinnear & Hughton's woefullness: 20%

Keegan's cowardice: 8%

Fan hysteria: 2%

was this the result of a skysports poll?

That article is fucking tripe. Not once have I ever heard a Newcastle fan on 606 or any phone in for that matter, say they'd rather lose 5-4 than grind out a 1-0 win. Just claptrap.

Guest Phil K

That article is f***ing tripe. Not once have I ever heard a Newcastle fan on 606 or any phone in for that matter, say they'd rather lose 5-4 than grind out a 1-0 win. Just claptrap.

I once (years ago) heard a Newcastle fan - an absolute moron who'd most likely to have been one of the "Cockney Mafia" peabrains say just that. I think that pillock Alan Green was the one in the chair, and later Newcastle fans rightly pilloried him as idiotic.

That article is fucking tripe. Not once have I ever heard a Newcastle fan on 606 or any phone in for that matter, say they'd rather lose 5-4 than grind out a 1-0 win. Just claptrap.

I've heard plenty call in to argue with the whole would lose 4-3 than win 1-0 nonsense but I've never heard a fan say it non-sarcastically.

Guest Brummiemag

Would settle for the most appalling 1 0 win this weekend, but generally I want to see newcastle play entertaining attacking football. So I guess I would accept that by playing that sort of football we would on occasion lose 4 3 

Put it like this, I'd rather be a WBA fan than a Bolton fan, in other words I would rather go down playing good football than spend year after year scraping about and grinding out 0 0 draws and 1 0 wins.

Sadly if we do go down it will be through playing appalling football

Journalists do occasionally adopt these strange views just to attract attention by saying something different. This is an example.

The demonstrations were about Keegan's departure, not poor performances. The bloke didn't even manage to get that right.

Guest fading star

That article is f***ing tripe. Not once have I ever heard a Newcastle fan on 606 or any phone in for that matter, say they'd rather lose 5-4 than grind out a 1-0 win. Just claptrap.

I once (years ago) heard a Newcastle fan - an absolute moron who'd most likely to have been one of the "Cockney Mafia" peabrains say just that. I think that pillock Alan Green was the one in the chair, and later Newcastle fans rightly pilloried him as idiotic.

An assumption based on nothing more than your ignorance and prejudice.