Talk Spurt- again...

Guest Phil K

I think I'm gonna put a forum filter on 'talksport' and all derivative terms. Happens every time, as people say - just a set of industry reject rent-a-wums.

Guest Phil K

Just one thing, its Mike Parry not Alan.

My apologies, you're right.

Where'd I get "Alan" from ?

But like I keep saying - either pay attebntion to the rest of the world or just get back in the box and pretend the world doesn't exist.

I understand all that but it does make me mad when there is so much misinformation broadcast.  It is one thing to offer an opinion but when they state facts that are incorrect, I do get wound up.  A simple example - a few years ago, there was discussion where they were castigating Bobby Robson for buying Dyer.  Someone phoned up and pointed out that it was Gullit who bought him but as that would have ruined the whole argument, it was ignored.  I daresay now that most other fans when asked who bought Dyer would answer Robson.

My owen fave is Radio 5 606 - a cockney pillock phoned in after we'd beaten his team 2-1 (Charlton I think) and ranted how dirty Shearer was, and how he was always at the ref with the presenter agreeing every word

Only thing was - Shearer was back in Newcastle - he was injured !

And again about 1998.

My memory is shot like. The one I remember from 93/94 Graham Stuart scored the goal to keep them up, I think, I think.

Yeah, I was on about the 98 one..... when Mikel Madar scored. :lol:

Gareth Farrelly, actually.  :pow:

Parry is so embarrassing. I'd just like to point out that he's not a scouser, he's from Chester and that 99% of blues think he's a tit as well.

And again about 1998.

My memory is shot like. The one I remember from 93/94 Graham Stuart scored the goal to keep them up, I think, I think.

Parry is so embarrassing. I'd just like to point out that he's not a scouser, he's from Chester and that 99% of blues think he's a tit as well.

really?? I seem to remmeber madar scoring a header against coventry, no? anyway, i think i got myself muddled up here.

Why listen to it?

You have to listen to some radio, chum

Either that or Radio 5 and the pompous Alan Green

Do you live in a shell with no windows then ?

why post about it?

Jesus wept - WHY POST ANYTHING ?

What a stupid comment.

i just dont see why you would post about talksport?

its like when people come on and say 'OMG have you seen what they are saying on blah blah message board', as if we expected different?

talkshite is always the saem, they prompt debate, and we have more mongs willing to go on than most, so they aim at us regularly.

personally, i stoped listening to it, and reading other clubs message boards ages ago, as its all negative shite, but each to their own.

And again about 1998.

really?? I seem to remmeber madar scoring a header against coventry, no? anyway, i think i got myself muddled up here.

Farrelly (one of the worst players I've seen for us) scored an absolute screamer and late on Barmby *spit* missed a pen. Dion Dublin then scored a header to equalise which meant we relied on Chelsea to beat Bolton.

Was that when Bolton wrongly had a goal disallowed or something daft like that?

That was the first game of the season between the two of us, I think. First match at the Reebok as well.

It was wrongly disallowed for offside (although I am adamant that Nathan Blake fouled Big Nev anyway) and we ended up staying up at their expense so loads of their fans are not exactly on good terms with Everton. :)

And again about 1998.

Farrelly (one of the worst players I've seen for us) scored an absolute screamer and late on Barmby *spit* missed a pen. Dion Dublin then scored a header to equalise which meant we relied on Chelsea to beat Bolton.

Is that the same Farrelly who played for us?

I always confuse him with Dave Farrell.

And again about 1998.

Is that the same Farrelly who played for us?

I always confuse him with Dave Farrell.

Yeah, I think you might have sold him to us actually.