Steve Coppell

Steggy

IF Shearer doesn't stay then we should try and get Coppell. Him and Dowie have good knowledge of the Championship and would set us in good stead to mount a charge back into the premiership.

Guest Mucky01

Failed at City, what makes you think he could do it here?

he quit Man City after 6 games as he said he couldn’t cope with the pressure of the big club!

top bloke though.

He's mental, he created the whole "seconed season syndrome" theory and literally scared the fuck out of everyone untill they got relegated, even turned down the intertoto invitation because he wanted to focus on the league and not get relegated.

Guest Mani

I personally would love to have George Burley incharge next season rather than Shearer.  George Burley is one of the most underated british managers out there and has a big emphasis bringing up young players and developing them.  Would he leave the Scotland job for us?  I don't know.  I don't think compensation would cost much to be payed to the Scottish F.A.

Copell has looked knackered this season - he wanted to resign last summer but was talked out of it - he reckons he needs a big break

Coming to the Hammer House of Horror on Tyneside is probably not what he was thinking off............................