ESPN UK wins Premier League TV rights - Free on Virgin Media's Top package.

Interpolic

Couldn't happen to a nicer or more competent channel...

I was all for Sky having a bit of competition but they've made a right pig's ear of it from start to finish.

Correct.

Badly done with utter pillocks at the helm from the start, and they got steadily worse !

It's the in-thing at the moment don't you know?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a161685/setanta-sports-1-to-continue-in-ireland.html

f*** sake! Now ill have to go through the tedious f***ing cancellation process.

What's even more tedious is that you have to go through the tedium of actually ringing to cancel and then get told that you have to send an email to cancel as well. Just saying it isn't enough, they want to SEE it as well.........MORONS!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a161685/setanta-sports-1-to-continue-in-ireland.html

f*** sake! Now ill have to go through the tedious f***ing cancellation process.

What's even more tedious is that you have to go through the tedium of actually ringing to cancel and then get told that you have to send an email to cancel as well. Just saying it isn't enough, they want to SEE it as well.........MORONS!

And you have to wait 30 god damn days after your next payment, which is essentially 2 more payments. If you cancel the DD they threaten with debt collectors and smear shit on your credit rating.

I might watch at 5.55pm, see if there's a "well, thats it, bye!" or just if it goes off.

We've just put it on now to watch the build up to failure.  :blush: I'm hoping for an angry, sweary tirade just before it finishes.

I might watch at 5.55pm, see if there's a "well, thats it, bye!" or just if it goes off.

We've just put it on now to watch the build up to failure.  :blush: I'm hoping for an angry, sweary tirade just before it finishes.

Why aren't they one of the headlines? :lol:

Its funny that today on their last day will probably be their best viewing figures everyone tuning in for the fall.

Guest BooBoo

Setanata deserves this for the atrocious "Football Matters" show. Arguably the worst football chat show i've ever seen.

No matter what supporters were on the fans panel, they all had southern based accents.

Just wondering, ive got Setanta Sports 1, which is the UK version on my Freeview. Setanta said they will continue in Northern Ireland, but we receive Setanta Ireland aswell here, which is Setanta Sports 1 in the Republic. They might mean Setanta Ireland continues all over the island, so I might not have to cancel at all as SS1 UK will cease broadcasting soon.

Is anyone getting a message on their SS1 channel saying they are working on bringing it back as soon as possible? I thought it was going completely? I had a message about 2 minutes ago that it ceased broadcasting and now its saying they will sort it out and be back soon ???

Is anyone getting a message on their SS1 channel saying they are working on bringing it back as soon as possible? I thought it was going completely? I had a message about 2 minutes ago that it ceased broadcasting and now its saying they will sort it out and be back soon ???

Here it just says 'Setanta has ceased trading in Great Britain'.