Real Estate

Guest Chris P

I ve asked this before but what happened to the land at SJP Metro Station and the old brewery site? Prime for redevelopment if Ashley acquired said land in his original purchase.

The old brewrey site is going to have the science city on it, work should start withing a couple of months.

I ve asked this before but what happened to the land at SJP Metro Station and the old brewery site? Prime for redevelopment if Ashley acquired said land in his original purchase.

He did aquire it. That is one of the theories i have heard re him putting us into Administration.

He creates a new company, transfers all assets such as land to this new company and leaves only the players in the Football Company and puts that into administration.

if he creates a new company and transfers the assets (not sure how legal that would be to start with) what would be the point in putting the rest into administration ?

He did aquire it. That is one of the theories i have heard re him putting us into Administration.

He creates a new company, transfers all assets such as land to this new company and leaves only the players in the Football Company and puts that into administration.

if he creates a new company and transfers the assets (not sure how legal that would be to start with) what would be the point in putting the rest into administration ?

No idea, but that is the scenario i have been told of by more than one source.

Guest optimistic nit

:lol:

by source do you mean a few guys in the pub with an A-level in business studies?

by source do you mean a few guys in the pub with an A-level in business studies?

Actually no, the source is someone who had business dealings with Jiminez.

Everyone seems to know someone who knows Jiminez. :lol:

Who were the other "sources"?

Someone who has since been made redunadant by NUFC.

What a load of crap! If he transferred the land assets and then put the football club in liquidation then the liquidators would challenge all of those land asset transfers as undervalued transactions, and they could be clawed back. There would be no point. The land assets would need to be be purchased for market value, so that the creditors of the remaining football club were not fucked over. That's the law I'm afraid.

Also, I'm not sure that the bit about not "owning" the land is correct. I believe they have a long lease from the Council of the land and everything on it. Having a long lease is a form of ownership - if you own your own flat you will most likely have it on a long lease. So they do "own" the land, but only in the same way that you might own a flat i.e. the freeholders will own it again in 100 years. Although I haven't seen the lease, I expect that the freeholders have restrictions in it which prevent the use for anything other than a football club or ancillary purposes.

Someone who has since been made redunadant by NUFC.

Someone with no obvious axe to grind then? ???