Dundee United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (FT) - 02/08/09

TaylorJ_01

Said earlier the penalties looked pish.

Just seem them again there, a load of bollocks.

My arm was closer to the ball than Nolan's man!

How did the porridge-gobblers react to us singing about Bobby? 

Respectful during the applause, joining in as well. As for the rest of the time, no real reaction either way.

Noise from them was rare anyway, it was like we were the home team. They were woeful until they scored and suddenly perked up.

I can't see any improvement since the end of last season.  There is even less pace in that team now and we have lost 3 strikers. 

I am seriously worried about where the goals are going to come from?  Carroll did well today but it is not fair to rely on him.  I would like to have seen more of the other young strikers coming on as late subs.  Take Shola out of it then I am sure the next highest goal scorer is Steven Taylor.   :frantic: I will be really worried if we don't bring in a decent striker before the transfer window closes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They had been unbeaten in pre season, so cut us some slack

14/07/2009  Dunfermline Athletic (A)  East End Park, 7.30pm  W 2 - 0  Friendly 

18/07/2009  Stirling Albion (A)  Forthbank Stadium, 3pm  W 2 - 1  Friendly 

20/07/2009  Drogheda United (A)  United Park, 7.30pm  D 2 - 2  Friendly 

21/07/2009  UCD (A)  Belfield Park, 7.30pm  W 2 - 0  Friendly 

23/07/2009  Kildare County (A)  Newbridge, County Kildare, 7.30pm  W 4 - 0  Friendly 

28/07/2009  Inverness CT (A)  Caledonian Stadium, 7.30pm  W 3 - 1  Friendly 

02/08/2009  Newcastle United (H)  Tannadice, 3pm  D 1 - 1  Friendly 

I know its not like they are playing top opposition, but still, we were away against an unbeaten scottish premier league side that finished joint 4th last season

against an unbeaten scottish premier league

so equivalent to mid table championship side??

probably a decent result for us this season against a mid table chp side

Enjoyed the day. I thought Barton was by far our best player and a cut above anything on the park. Whereas I was wanting him out at the end of last season, I've really changed my mind now. He has stuck in and worked hard. On the pitch anyway he has shown a great attitude in pre-season.

Just thought I would ask what everyone who was there thought of Danny Swanson, their number 14, the lad who missed the penalty. They bought him from Berwick Rangers a year and a half ago and being a Berwick fan I was obviously looking out for his performance. Just wondering what others thought who maybee weren't watching out for him.

What a shithole Dundee was though. Around the station was probably the most depressing place I've been to in a long time.

Just thought I would ask what everyone who was there thought of Danny Swanson, their number 14, the lad who missed the penalty. They bought him from Berwick Rangers a year and a half ago and being a Berwick fan I was obviously looking out for his performance. Just wondering what others thought who maybee weren't watching out for him.

Danny still hasn't really shaken off the potential tag yet.  A lot of our fans had high hopes for him when he was signed - Levein rated him as the most exciting talent he'd ever worked with but nobody seems to know what his postion is though.  He's too one-dimensional to be played in anything other than a three man central midfield trio and I feel he's wasted out wide.

His first touch is like nothing i've ever seen before in my life but he needs to perform more consistently.  If he doesn't make his mark this season then I can see him being moved on.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Lee Ryder:  And a chant I can't repeat on here is also aired by the Toon Army.

Aye I wonder what it is..

it was "fat greedy b******"

It would either have been that or - Get out of our club, get out of our cluuub, you fat cockney b******, get out of my club!!

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Just got home at 9ish. The atmopshere amongst the away fans was class.

It was great to be a part of the Bobby applause and the chorus' of 'There's only one Bobby Robson' throughout :thup:

Back of the upper tier to the left was pretty good if you're looking towards the pitch from the stand.  Everywhere else was fairly quiet and most of the Scottish mag contingent didn't bother singing.