The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Barca aren't the team that they were last season from what I've seen. Tbf though, I dont think any team is, or will be for a very, very long time.

I don't think the absences of Xavi, Iniesta or Messi will be doing them any favours.

Yeah, I dont mean just this game though, they don't seem as scary without Eto'o.

Barca aren't the team that they were last season from what I've seen. Tbf though, I dont think any team is, or will be for a very, very long time.

I don't think the absences of Xavi, Iniesta or Messi will be doing them any favours.

Yeah, I dont mean just this game though, they don't seem as scary without Eto'o.

As a few people have said before, Eto'o defended from the front and caused the opposition to mistakes, meaning more chances. Ibra offers something different.

As a few people have said before, Eto'o defended from the front and caused the opposition to mistakes, meaning more chances. Ibra offers something different.

Aye, Eto'o would have never given an assist like Zlatan did for the first goal. Very different players, all have a lot going for them. I wish I could stitch Zlatan's ability with Eto'o's drive and aggresiveness.

Aye I know what you mean. I don't think that trio have all been fit and match sharp at the same time have they? All three massive for their success.

Like you say though swapping Ibra for Eto'o makes them a different proposition. Both class players but Eto'o just seems to have more of a knack of creating something out of nothing, most of the team through shear persistence.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course, I wasn't suggesting that they're comparable, just that I think they don't have the same ridiculously effective and breathtaking chemistry with Ibra as they did with Eto'o

Atalanta v Juve just started. Will Juventus lose even more ground?

if if could decide then yes, HELL YEAH

Antonio Conte is Atalanta manager? Is he the same Conte I remember being a lynchpin in my CM 99/00 Juve career?  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just watched the replay of the first goal, for the first time.

I take the second point back, that is some breath taking chemistry right there. Beautiful.

Guest firetotheworks

Funny how Barca are 3-1 up at half against a decent team and all the talk is about their lack of cohesion.

Well it would be when they had it perfect last season, and now its not. Results are results obviously, but they're not as good as last year, and Real have improved drastically.

Funny how Barca are 3-1 up at half against a decent team and all the talk is about their lack of cohesion.

Well it would be when they had it perfect last season, and now its not. Results are results obviously, but they're not as good as last year, and Real have improved drastically.

Really? I haven't seen a drastic improvement.

Pity Spain has such good options for the wings, otherwise I would fancy Pedro having a chance of making the World Cup. He still can if he keeps this goalscoring form all season though, 8 in 15 for a winger is silly.

Is Enrique even mentioned as a potential squad member? Capdevilla is weak. You'd think he would get a chance.

Guest firetotheworks

Really? I haven't seen a drastic improvement.

He's been injured for a few weeks.  O0

Pity Spain has such good options for the wings, otherwise I would fancy Pedro having a chance of making the World Cup. He still can if he keeps this goalscoring form all season though, 8 in 15 for a winger is silly.

Is Enrique even mentioned as a potential squad member? Capdevilla is weak. You'd think he would get a chance.

Not going to happen while playing in the Championship. I reckon he would be in the mix if Newcastle hadn't got relegated since there was talk of it while he was at Villarreal.