The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

More at our game yesterday than Chelsea v Spurs today.

Could have something to do with SJP holding about 10, 000 more than Stamford Bridge.

This is true but then how big would our ground have to be if we had a team that won stuff like Chelsea's?

Extra time has no hard rules, really, the ref does as he wishes:

Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:

• substitutions

• assessment of injury to players

• removal of injured players from the field of play for treatment

• wasting time

• any other cause

Allowance for time lost is at the sole discretion of the referee

He may well have considered that the goal celebrations were too long and a way of wasting time.

To be honest injury time has always been a bit of a joke, and I think we should just stop the clock when the ball goes outside (and allow for the ball to go out of play before signaling the end of a period so a goalscoring chance isn't interrupted).

what is the point of listing all the allowances then adding "any other cause". why not just say time can be added on for absolutely anything the referee chooses.

Could have something to do with SJP holding about 10, 000 more than Stamford Bridge.

Stamford Bridge wasn't full. ???

They had 41 out of 42 thousand or something like that.

Report I read initially said attendance was 36k. :undecided:

Stamford Bridge wasn't full. ???

They had 41 out of 42 thousand or something like that.

So it wasn't full :lol:

I think when the crowd is at 41,623 it is maybe classed as full as it very rare all seats are used at most ground there is always a batch that used as segregation & I guess that would be the case for a high profile London derby esp after the WHU/Millwall stuff. We also have the case where some clubs clock every fan in the ground & other class all tickets sold so who knows what is full & what isn't anymore.

I'm not supporting Chelsea fans or anything, but their stadium was about 99 percent full. It is a bit crazy to criticise a team for this.

Or praise us for anything like having a higher attendance than a team at the top of the Premier League ???

Newcastle's support is fantastic, undoubtedly. However, when Chelsea's staidum in filled up 99 percent to the maximum, whn ours is 8,000 under capacity, it's not worth boasting about. We should boast about the likes of Sunderland, Wigan, etc, who actually cannot fill their stadia.

Guest toonlass

OH WHAT A FINISH THAT WAS!

Fabregas approximately two feet from the goal line.

Did a clever backheel, which in Motson terms is like putting a man on the fucking moon.

They have put men on the moon? Divven't tell Motson.....

I'm not supporting Chelsea fans or anything, but their stadium was about 99 percent full. It is a bit crazy to criticise a team for this.

Or praise us for anything like having a higher attendance than a team at the top of the Premier League ???

Newcastle's support is fantastic, undoubtedly. However, when Chelsea's staidum in filled up 99 percent to the maximum, whn ours is 8,000 under capacity, it's not worth boasting about. We should boast about the likes of Sunderland, Wigan, etc, who actually cannot fill their stadia.

What? :lol:

We had an attendance to rival the best team in the country despite being in a lower division.  It's worth being fucking pleased about.